The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Astral Strange was a dumb decision, they should've made it a chase figure as you suggested.

Black Panther benefits from having a smaller wave(like Ragnarok)
    that doesn't have a useless variant thrown in with a necessary BAF piece(unlike the Dr. Strange wave).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Drangleic

Drangleic Ulfhednar

Ebay:
    This is sooo cool. I want one for Legends and other stuff like them. Wish I could make one myself but it would never come out this good.

• Like Like x 4
  3. LORD MARVEL

LORD MARVEL THE WARRIOR

Ebay:
    I made a better Ultimate Captain America for my Ultimates

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  4. LORD MARVEL

LORD MARVEL THE WARRIOR

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. LORD MARVEL

LORD MARVEL THE WARRIOR

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Oh, I like that! Nice touch!

7. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, I finally found a Moon Knight thanks to a random restock at Walmart. I can see why this figure is so hard to find, as it is outstanding!

Only problem is that I dropped one of his fingernail clippings (sorry, boomerangs) in the car. That's gonna be a pain to find...

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys, I'm curious...what is the purpose of the Hasbro embargo? Is it to promote a specific shop? Can anyone enlightened me?

Oh yeah, I think with regards to Devil Dinosaur Hasbro just repainted one of their Jurassic Park dinos...X)

Regarding how collectors like you can identify the parts re-used really impresses no matter what and its interesting to read alternative parts.

The Winter Soldier you are getting is from 2-pack that was released with the Black Widow? If so, it's not of my top 10 ML ever released by Hasbro in terms of sculpt, articulation (had what it needs). My only complaint is that the left hand is a closed fist...so having him hold a rifle with both hands is not possible.

Blasstar is a decent figure but mine felt er, gummy (but not that gummy) and the connection between one (or both) of the elbows seemed kind of 'thin' if I remembered correctly.

Nice! I don't recognize the head! Was it completely sculpted?

9. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Zany was actually a repaint of the tiger that came with Sigma 6 Adventure Team Storm Shadow IIRC

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I think the embargo is so etailers/smaller stores can't beat mass market brick & mortar retailers to the punch with new product. @RKillian knows a lot more about it than I do though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Which is funny because it doesn't do much good when physical stores don't bother carrying the product.

• Like Like x 2
  12. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    The purpose of the embargo is to put independent operators out of business. End of story.

There was a time that Hasbro would sell a few cases to anybody. Those of you in your 30s and 40s may remember when you could buy toys practically anywhere. Well, Hasbro started buying up the competition and, like every company that grows too big, decided it didn't need or want smaller clients anymore. It wanted to deal with only a few big (and powerful) ones instead. Oh, they gripe about being beholden to Walmart, but clearly don't understand _why_ Walmart is able to push them around.

Distributors used to be a way around this mentality but that is a path to poverty now. When I was fed up with EE, I opened some fallback accounts elsewhere. They're hardly carrying Hasbro product anymore. When they did, it was subject to the embargo anyway. Literally can't afford to get products months late at "wholesale" prices higher than most sales running by the time delivery happens. Even the slow learners figure that out after a few rounds.

They're, from what I can tell, in a position where Walmart isn't buying much (see barren shelves where I live and BenjaminXavier's claims that Ollies stock is not from stores) yet still buys enough to make credible threats of pulling their business. Hasbro would have to court many small buyers to make up for retaliation from Walmart and just doesn't want to make the effort. What will be hilarious is when Walmart does some Amazon-esque number crunching and pulls out anyway. Where will they turn, having alienated and put so many out of business?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  13. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    As it refers to Legends...did anyone else notice their local comic shops back off right around the time of Infinite rebranding in 2014? Up until Hasbro picked up the license, I was buying almost exclusively at TRU and my LCS. Hell, a friend and I have been patronizing the same shop for almost 20 years and the owner knows we're both avid collectors but doesn't go out of his way to sell superhero toys at all. We can't even order a case now because Diamond isn't reliable about sending what you ordered or anything at all. I guess that's the purview of Walmart, demander of movie tie-ins, until the MCU inevitably winds down and takes Legends with it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So for whatever reason my Wal-Mart just restocked the Homecoming wave. Are the Vulture wings worth completing?

15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depends on how much you liked the movie Vulture. I have mixed opinions on them. They look impressive, but because of the way they're partitioned, with snap hinges, the joints aren't exceptionally strong on them, so they feel a little floppy. Mine at least just barely hold the poses you put them in, but they'll start flopping around once you start jostling the figure. They can probably be tightened a bit, mind you.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Come to think of it, yes. My LCS was the only store here that had the Wolverine/BAF Puck wave. By 2014 they seemed to be buying waves from local stores and selling as a set. Went there last month or earlier this month and there's not as much Hasbro ML now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    And for what reason since swapping the LEGO aisle with the action figure aisle last week my Walmart has been sitting on nine empty pegs with no Marvel Legends. WTF? :confused:  I haven't seen any cases of Legends sitting in the back when I'm working back there, where'd all twenty of those Black Panthers, Marvel Knights, and Thor Ragnarok figures go then. o_O 

• Like Like x 1
  18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I almost bought that Storm Shadow when it first came out but I couldn't get past the aesthetics...I think I bought only Snake-eyes?

Sounds interesting! I'll read his reply to learn more!

Whoa?! I just read the above and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Won't it benefit Hasbro to get their products go to as many stores as possible?! I read that even BBTS is feeling the effects but why penalize such stores like them?

Isn't it wiser for Hasbro not to put their eggs in one basket (which is Walmart)? Its mind BOOGLING!

Oh, I think this has happened to comic stores in my country too. I noticed that they have stopped carrying ML after a period of time too. However, I don't know the exact reason...the owners just say it isn't worth the money.

Wait...you mean the above figures were once on the shelves but now gone?!

19. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

It makes for a good display piece, I have one, other than that, I dont know. It also pass as a credible vulture if the man exists in our reality, I cant thing of a man suited as a real Vulture around and how serious would authority take him as a threat.

20. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Well-Known Member

Just got Mysterio in hand, in the package I thought he had those metallic plastic swirls in his fish bowl at first, but uh...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Holy shit, this head sculpt is awesome. I thought he would just have a featureless green head encased in the fishbowl, but the cape and bowl are one piece that plugs into his back and rests over his head.

• Like Like x 4