The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I'm simply one hell of a butler. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Like I said when I got him... Ares is a baf from 2008 and it shows. He looks imposing, but his articulation sucks. Fine if you really don't want to do anything dynamic with him. He basically just sits there looking badass. It's a shame, because during their round table Hasbro made a big deal about retooling him, but the only thing they did was add the rocker ankles. His ball jointed thighs are probably the worst part of his articulation. They're those bullshit balljoints where you actually have to turn the balljoint separate from the thigh in the direction you want to move the whole leg. Seriously cheap crap for this day and age when Hasbro puts out better. Hell, I've got older ToyBiz figures that handle better than Ares!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll wait and maybe grab Ares on clearance. I only need it to stand there and look badass. Looks like I'm just going to wait for Mezco and other Gladiator Hulks to come out for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Wonder when thor wave goes on there

4. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    It may be because I stared collecting with the Age of Ultron MCU Iron Man but I found myself not really liking figures (or molds in Marvel NOW Iron Man & Ares' cases) that came out before the Allfather wave while being impressed with a lot of figures that have come out since the Thanos wave. Kind of why I focus my Marvel Legends collection on 2014-2017 and onward while avoiding anything prior including Toybiz.

So watching Shartimusprime's review I now get it, the Odinson that came in this wave is a young Thor! Thats actually really cool, I really like the figure anyway and have a fun time posing him so now knowing a bit more just adds a bit more fun to it all.

And I didn't say it originally but I really want Hasbro to reuse this new Loki to make him as he appeared in The Avengers movie, thats the design I think of when I think Loki.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Now if they included alternate unmasked headsculpt, things would've been so much sweeter. :D 

On the topic of Thor Ragnarok wave, I'm keeping all the MCU pieces & sold off the rest (Jane Thor, Odinson & Ares) but not before scavenging the BAF parts required to build Gladiator Hulk.

It's funny that I kept buying MCU characters only to realised that I've literally little/no space in displaying them so most of these pieces are still in storage (MIB without BAF parts or simply unassembled BAF parts waiting to be built into a figure one day).

On standing issues, I only had problems with both Black Panther & Bruce Banner not being able to "stand properly" but just yesterday evening, my V2 Giant Man decided to join these 2 as he falls flat on his face. And he refused to stand again after that...It was a miracle for I never had problems with him standing previously.

Oh well...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the FYI, jumped on Blade, Bullseye & JJ since those are the only three I want from that wave. I'll take my chances that I can snag the BAF parts from the other three separately and/or they'll show up on clearance at some point.

7. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
  9. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    Has the TRU Cyclops/Dark Phoenix 2-pack been released yet? I haven't read many sightings and it's sold out online :( 

10. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Haven't seen it the hoco 2 pack or The ego figure

11. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

It showed up twice at my local TRU. Never again. I've only seen the Spidey/MJ 2-pack once. I was lucky to get that.

12. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
  13. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I need Hela...

14. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

same here!

15. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spotted a whole case of Thor wave and Starlord/Ego set at local TRU today. Why do Ego come with two heads that look exactly alike?? I really dig the new digital facial thing they are doing, the faces look really good.

16. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

I think with one he was supposed to have a bit of a smirk and the other one was supposed to be more of I'm getting real tired of your shit look.

17. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Anyone know how brickseek works? I saw my target had 4 on hand and 2 saleable, I went and saw two on pegs, I bought one. Then when I check it again, it said 0 saleable

18. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

Saleable I believe means it can be put on sale for a cheaper price. You really just wand to look at how many are on hand. I had to ask an employee to get mine from the back room as they hadn't made it on the shelf yet.

19. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMG_5400.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Johnny just hit my country and I managed to snag one (or rather my source) did for me. He does look good but I'm so put-off by the 'orange' head...does anyone know why that's the case? I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't been reading too much of the FF in recent years prior to their "banishment".

Yeah, I agree...my 'source' has agree to let me take a look at his next shipment and if the eyes are ok, most likely I'll take a set but I'm so unused to Thor without his hammer, Loki in blue etc. X)

The more exciting news is that I maybe picking up the SDCC Thor set...I handled Bor (via a friend's) and he along with Ulik is a beast of a figure...and being more of a comics guy, I'm leaning more towards the SDCC boxset. I'm kicking myself now because originally I could have gotten the set like last week but didn't.

From fiddling with Bor, I hope we do get a new Odin one day...the BAF version is too lean for my liking,,.he should be beefy, bulky and stocky like his father, Bor.

...and that's the reason why I passed up on the BAF Ares when he first came out...and the worse thing is I'm normally not fussy with articulation! X)

The one figure that I hope Hasbro re-tool is...Hercules...I don't know if they were fake but at one stage it was shown there was going to be a reissue of Hercules with a more serious face sculpt instead of the goofy grin that his current figure has.

Laser Optimus - Good call on the Hasbro round table and how they talked about retooling Ares...kinda disappointed that all they did was just the ankles.

• Like Like x 2