The New Marvel Legends thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DevilzFan, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I had the three from the strange wave u wanted at target and his them
    Someone found them
    Argh

2. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I prefer the flat green version.

smscorp1.jpg

3. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Haha, I thought I did until I saw the metallic one, and that thing is dead sexy in person. I don't know how they got it to be that metallic/shiny on flexible surfaces without flaking or anything.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I'll have to hunt one down. :thumb 

5. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Put my Abomination BAF together tonight. Awesome figure. Just weird that this wave never showed up at any of the stores around here.

• Like Like x 2
  6. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

How does he compare to the TB version? I only collected half this wave, and I question whether or not picking up the rest on clearance just for the BAF is worth it.

7. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, I just scored the War Machine 2-pack for $12. Great time to be buying Legends right now.

And I just realized that getting the 2-pack means I have every iteration of War Machine from the MCU. Neat!

8. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/promotionalterms

PROMOTION: 15% off most Marvel Items

15% off prices marked on most products currently for sale in the Marvel category on HasbroToyShop.com through January 11, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET with promo code HERO17. Interim markdowns may have been taken. Discount applies to pre-tax and pre-shipping amount. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Excludes HasbroToyShop.com exclusives and gift cards. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies.

9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As long as I get them all, I don't care. Plus, I don't mind collecting every Spider-Man (as I will be doing with Icons Batman and Flash) they release, even the dumb ones like Spider-Ham and Spider-Punk. However, they need to do Noir already!

Uh... you mean like they have been?

Scorpion suffers the same issues as all of the TB Legends though. Plus, he has a stupid action feature. Even as a kid I hated action features.

10. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I thought they were using one of the rotating wave slots for Spider-Man. I guess I don't understand the new ML wave process/thing.

Yeah, I hated action features as a kid too. :thumbdown 

11. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Hmmm, I wonder if this would work on any of the Marvel Legends already marked down to 10 dollars. Would really like to complete Red Onslaught and buy the last three I need at the 10 dollars they are at right now (adding 15% would even be greater).

12. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    OK, I'll explain Marvel Legends waves post ~2013.

It's not really one distinct line with random waves like back in the ToyBiz days. It's half a dozen short sublines loosely affiliated under one banner. Those sublines are either tied to a character (Spiderman) or a movie (everything else).

For a character subline, we get half a case of that character and half a case of random but related villains.

For a movie subline, we get half a case of movie-relevant figures with the other half being a mix of comic designs and random variants. The build-a-figure is usually from a different movie (thus far many of the movies have been related) but is sometimes completely out of left field.

The Avengers movies have been the worst...you had to go into 7 or 8 different sublines to get everybody from Age of Ultron.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

They're still on clearance at my Target. But all the machine men and hellcat's are still sitting there.
    Are people collecting the line or what? Get your asses over there and pick those up!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I saw that the GameStop "Buy one get one free on clearance toys" deal is still good until the end of January. Great time to pick up some Marvel Legends super cheap.

15. Stryker729

Stryker729 That’s rough, buddy

$12??? Did you have Coupons? I got one today from my target but it rang up at 19.98. All the normal legends were 22.99. Maybe my target just sucks. Great two-pack tho. Disco may not be the right mold choice, but it is sexy as hell in person. The WM fig is great too. Neither is as articulated as DP, but they just feel more solid.

16. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No coupon needed, that set has been on clearance for $12 for a week now. YMMV though as every Target clearance differently, but it'll eventually hit $12 at every Target assuming stock lasts. Saw the Civil war Spiderman 3pack for $18 today but still not as good as Walmart.com last l month.

17. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

The frustrating thing about Gamestop is the small selection. Most of them just have like 2 or 3 figures sitting there. If I can find one with a load of figures, I can have some fun.

18. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I wish the Target Star Wars 3-pack would hurry up and get a similar clearance price.

19. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Geez. You've got some cheap Targets by you. My Targets are still sitting at $19.98 for the War Machine set and like $30 for the Civil War 3 pack.

I've had really good luck for Marvel Legends at the GameStops that aren't in the malls. The stores around here have up to a dozen different figures, but then I check the ones in the malls and they have just two or three figures.

20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good list but surprisingly, I think I'm waiting to see a new Doc Ock, Vulure, Kingpin, Lizard, Mysterio and Tombstone...and out them ony Doc Ock and the Kingpin are considered 'A-listers' to me.

Ha! I'm still waiting for him too but not as bad as you.

Yeah, after comparing some of the Hasbro redos...I think I'm sticking with some of my TB versions such as Sandman and Abomination.

You mean Abominaion? Actually the new sculpt is pretty good but IMO his lower half isn't so good to me...he looks stumpy IMO. However some folks find him ok?

I posted comparison pics sometime back...I think?

• Like Like x 1