The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Megajon

Megajon Well-Known Member

Good to know. I wasn't entirely set on getting the Autobot cars until recently. I'll probably put the order in with Kapow at this point.

2. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Yeah, I missed that Anime Export deal but got in at HLJ for around $49...assuming they get enough stock.

Where is this? And why do you assume v2 will follow?

3. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    this ^^^ really is worth getting pre orders in early from one of the online Asian retailers if you can ..was shocked how much the soundwave tapes and the Datsun bro's cost me compared to how much others have them up for same goes for gen metroplex..so much cheaper :D 

4. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    Consider it bit. I now have 14 days to work a trade for 'Swipe before being committed to paying market rates. [​IMG]

I've got Prowl and Streak on preorder with HLJ, with backups on BBTS. I haven't ordered from HLJ in years, though back in the day I bought Gundam kits by the metric shitton. [​IMG] Got MP-05 through them too, possibly 6 and/or 7 as well.

5. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    Don't know where he saw the re-run news for MP-05, but they did a re-run of MP-04 right before they released MP-10.

6. Lord Shockwave

Lord Shockwave Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me if there is a Masterpiece Megatron out there that is proportional in size to the recent Masterpiece Optimus Prime, the FansProject Shockwave, the Masterpiece Soundwave, and the latest Masterpiece Starscream?

I have the first Masterpiece Megatron, but I don't feel like displaying him when he's so much out of proportion to the others.

If there isn't one, is there an MP Megatron planned similar in size and proportional to the guys I mention above?

7. Vasili

Vasili Well-Known Member

Not really. There is a 3rd party Megatron titled "hegemon" but he is more in scale with classics figures. Megatron has been rumored to be in production, but so has Ultra Magnus and Galvatron among others. There is no telling at this point if and when he will be released. There are several Transformer and toy related conventions coming up in the next couple of months...i'm sure there will be plenty of news for masterpiece scale figures, officially licensed or not.

8. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    One of my local shop is doing a pre-order, I'm not sure if it's a re-run or clearing remaining stock, but signs are there.

The last time that happens to Mp-01, we all know MP-10 is in the making.

9. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Well, I hope you're right. There is no greater need in the MP line than Megatron v2.

10. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

Ebay:
    No one of us 'knew', they merely had a lucky guess. A previous version of an MP suddenly being available again isn't evidence of anything except the store getting a new stock in.

11. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

With MP-01 it was slightly telling, as it was actually rebranded as "MP-01L" / Last Edition with a (very minor) remould of a "last shot" stamp on the back, rather than a straight-forward reissue.

12. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

Ebay:
    That don't tell anything IMO. If anything, it was a hint that no more MP-01s were gonna be produced ever... nothing about that points to a redesign/new mold.

13. Lord Shockwave

Lord Shockwave Well-Known Member

Thanks. Wow, that's quite the glaring omission there. I mean, before we get to the Smokescreens of the TF world, how about getting the priorities correct and developing a proper Megatron?

14. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Everyone assumes Takara will inevitably release a new version, but no one knows when. Many were hoping he would be announced as MP-20, but some hints suggest Galvatron may fill that role (though nothing is certain).

I do think they are deliberately spacing out the major characters a bit, so that may be part of the delay. Some have suggested Hasbro getting more involved in the line could also delay Megatron, since Hasbro can't sell a toy gun (others have their doubts that Hasbro is exerting so much influence over a mostly Japanese line).

Anyway, it has to a matter of time...who knows how much?

15. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Am more anticipated MP20 to be Ultra Magnus than a Glavatron.

16. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    We are a passionate bunch in the MP thread, eh? :) 

It's not absolute proof by any means, but sure, you could call it evidence. Not strong evidence, mind you - maybe possible indication is a better phrase to use - but at any rate, I think it's fair to correlate the two instances, especially when there's other indications of a V2 Megatron coming soon.

Still, whether "soon" means this year or next, or the year after, who knows...

17. Sai

Sai Decepticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We are indeed :)  Exciting times ahead for us all...

18. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If anything, I would hope Takara would've learned from the timing of the announcements of the "Final Shot" MP-1 and MP-10 and space them out more so it isn't as irritating as what happened with Optimus, IF Megs is in fact in the offing.

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Not this. Announce Megs v2 30 seconds after the MP-05 re-release and I'll be happy...so long as the re-release happens VERY soon!

20. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Me too. I'd be annoyed if I bought an MP-05 reissue, but anyone paying even the slightest attention must know a new, smaller version is coming. Not sure that was the case with MP-10... Was it expected? I don't recall...