The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Dillpickle

Dillpickle This looks like cool place to kick it!

News Credits:
    MPM 10 is rumored to be Movie 1 Starscream.

• Like Like x 1
  2. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    You're right, he's pretty close to a pure repaint. I'm not sure if my question even helps to predict anything, as I'm quite sure they'd have no problem coming up with at least one new accessory if they felt it was needed to justify a numbered release :lol 

But MP-38 is kind of an odd one...I know nothing about the Japanese side of Beast Wars, does Megatron have a similar toy-like variant that could be done without calling it 'MP-43+'?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Excellent point about the new accessories or remoulded parts, and even MP-38 came with his mask and mace.

That rumour’s pretty old, and I could see him being pushed back to MPM-11, to capitalise on the Bumblebee movie’s recent success.

Prime at 10 and Starscream at 11 would be nice symmetry with the mainline MPs too.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Black Ironhide maybe, I’d definitely like a red SS but seeing as we already have Cordon it might be a little while. Tigatron, like I said earlier, would be a heavy retool/upscale. Somehow I don’t see an MP-43+ in the cards, since his original color scheme was rather plain. They’d end up just changing the shade of purple and removing a lot of paint apps. The only thing special about it would be the head sculpt including the battle mask. As for Grimlock, I’m a total sucker for the original BW Grimlock in just about every way except size. It just doesn’t seem likely since he’s practically unknown in Japan (his only claim to fame was the IDW Beast Wars run). Detritus will be MP-49 at the earliest, I’m sure. Smokescreen + would make total sense.

tl/dr: Tigatron and Smokescreen are the only probable options in my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Not that I'm aware of(I'm no expert either)...Unless you count his appearance in Robotmasters, which would be quite the curveball from TT.

• Like Like x 1
  6. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Totally agree that Tigatron will be a heavy retool (maybe even moreso than Grapple). That's actually the only reason I think he might not be MP-48; I think they'll go for something easier after all those new molds. Good call, I think anime Smokescreen actually probably is the most likely next announcement (though of course he'll be MP-19+ rather than MP-48; the suspense remains!).

• Like Like x 2
  7. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    That's not even a maybe, he'll have to be virtually a new mould that shares some engineering with Cheetor. Tigatron is a much larger robot than Cheetor and his beast mode is an entirely different and bulkier species of big cat. I know Grapple has a lot of remoulded/retooling compared to Inferno but this will be on a whole new level.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I’m pretty confident on tigatron. They seem to be evenly dispersing MPs. We got two beasties, then 2 geewuners. Another beastie which will be followed by a geewuner.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Prime of Shadows

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I suppose we could get Hauler o_O  but the thing is, whoever TT chooses at this point for MP-48, they’ll be breaking a pattern. They could reveal another new mold, breaking all our expectations, they could do one of the above G1 repaints, but since it’s been so long since Ironhide, and Cordon just came out, that would break a pattern too. They could do Tigatron, but that would be yet another BW mold and it seems too soon for that. Though I guess Dinobot and Megs were pretty close. Their repaints would be addendums to their numbers. At this point there doesn’t seem to be a logical way to predict who they’ll show next.

Edit: Black Ironhide would probably end up being an MP-27 addendum too, like Blue Bluestreak.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    In all honestly there rarely has been, TT don't like to make it easy ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  11. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    And honestly we don’t really need to predict. That way we don’t set up ourselves for anything. We can be conscious, like how there probably will be a + smokescreen made some day. But isn’t it just more fun to go in blind?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Well yeah...but that does rather defeat the purpose of this thread.

• Like Like x 3
  13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

So you did consider the transformation in this photoshop job? I haven't transformed my Soundwave in a few years now so I don't remember exactly where the parts from bot mode end up in his alt mode...

I don't think I'd pay $150 for Blaster at this point... I have the KFC one, and while I don't love it...I don't exactly love Blaster either. As far as I'm concerned, he ticks the box.

14. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    4220 pages, all for naught. :p 

• Like Like x 3
  15. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper? He wouldn't be as heavy as Tigatron, but his car shape differs enough from Bee, I could see some changes in the transformation. All hinges on Porshe, basically and TTS would be a good opportunity for a mp 47 and 48 full reveal. Don't see any BW repaint getting a numbered release, maybe burning primal? Tigatron would make a lot more sense, I don't see any other BW repaint/remold mold worthy of a numbered release.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Tigatron = New Mold.

• Like Like x 3
  17. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Yup, had my MP-13 out while I did it ;)  That's why I left the panels on the insides of his "knees" grey for instance when they should be blue, because they need to be grey in alt mode. Same with the blue "stripes" on the sides of the alt mode--they were normally grey in the animation, but that would result in the backs of the legs being solid grey which would be very off-model for robot mode (and just look weird).

• Like Like x 3
  18. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Absolutely agreed that there'll be no shared parts between Cheetor and Tigatron, but most definitely some shared engineering. Though I hope they find a better solution to make a beast mode with less kibble, since it's at a bigger size. While they're at it, some more articulation in tiger mode would be great too, though I expect they'll prioritise robot articulation over that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That is the kind of bold move that would seriously get me excited! Would love if they've just been 'saving' Hound's reveal to pair him alongside Cliffjumper.

TT haven't really thrown us for a loop like that since.. well since they showed off Hound in July of last year I guess, when all we were expecting was MP-44's first toy show.

• Like Like x 9
  19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just don't think the timing is right for an MP-48 reveal anytime before October-November-ish. If Hound doesn't make it out before January, and 48 is a repaint, there's just no call to reveal it this summer.

If Starscream isn't 49, I could see Blaster in that slot, especially paired with a 13+ release. We probably are due for another + reveal.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Prime of Shadows

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Found it! Cliffy sounds to me to be the most probable MP-48. Also explains how they pulled Bee out of nowhere. TT needed to decided what route they would take with Cliff: realistic or super deformed. They’ve probably been developing it for a little while, designing the mold to suit both he and Bee. That, or Bee is in fact a retool that’s being released first. Either way, it clicks in my head. I suspect there’s less retooling needed to convert one to the other than some might think.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 4