The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm kinda glad I'm not loving the new Bee. The current MP one is more than good enough for me.
    I want more decepticons tho. Give us stunticons at least <3

• Like Like x 5
  2. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

BB looks decent, but I don't know if he's a vast improvement over MP-21. I'd probably pick 45 in a non-blind taste test...but I don't know if it's so much more awesome to warrant purchasing the character again. Kinda feels like swapping out 3P figures with official at this point. I am satisfied with what I have and don't really feel like paying 2 or 3 times more for an updated version over what I already have.

SQ7 was the mod that said he had heard MP Jazz was done a while back, but being held up by licensing...I had heard the same prior to SQ7 confirming that info here, whatever that's worth. Other factoids, Rik Alverez, former Hasbro employee, said based on their dealings with Porsche back in the day, he said he'd be shocked if Porsche ever came around. They were that far apart. And at a toy convention a few years back now, during the Q&A session, the TT panelists admitted there were licensing issues on going with Jazz.

All that said, it seems pretty obvious if TT does MP Jazz now, licensed or not, they wouldn't release what was 'done' at the time. He'd be sent back to the drawing board for the current MP treatment. I don't remember who I was arguing with now about the multiple changes in MP aesthetic, but if you don't see it, you either have bad eyesight or you're choosing to ignore the obvious...kinda like people that pretend there are no licensing hang-ups with Porsche. Mind you, doesn't mean it'll never happen, though I'd be surprised if happens in a licensed capacity, but it's clearly been an issue.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what HolyCulture was hinting, it sounded like both Jazz and Tigatron were set to be revealed at Wonderfest and then weren't for whatever reason (maybe because there's already enough known releases to carry us through the end of this year). Plus there was the earlier rumor that Jazz and Mirage would be released in 2019. So I'd be looking for all of them this year, maybe TTS reveals, to release in 2020.

• Like Like x 8
  4. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the anniversary will segue into 2020 anyway. It would take a lot to happen this year, it would have to be an mp every month after Prime. Or with Hound being delayed, a 2 in one month release with Blacar....what ever her damn name is:D  Still 6 new molds in one year is impressive, especially with the snoozefest last year. Now to get ready for the b!tchfest about Spider-lady's price.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Would be nice to get Jazz and Mirage they are the two biggest holes in my collection.

• Like Like x 3
  6. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I suspect that we'll get announcements for MPs of Jazz and Mirage later this year. It's just a feeling I have.

With regards to Jazz (and CJ), who's to say that he'll have a real world car alt mode. I know those who are diehard real world car modes may not like it, but for those like me, finally having an MP Jazz in hand is worth not having a real world car mode.....so long as his robot form is accurate.

• Like Like x 3
  7. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not everyone is willing to fork over whatever outrageous prices that Takara asks for

8. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And yet they’re willing to pay for a figuart with the same level of articulation that DOESN’T transform.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
  9. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People try to explain stuff like that......but no one evers listens:( .

• Like Like x 7
  10. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1.) Who is they?
    2.) Figuarts are not that expensive - I pay ~$50 to $60 for DBZ figuarts - I have only ever spent more than that on a massive figure, not $120 to $200
    3.) They are apples and oranges - people mention SOC and other expensive lines but that doesn't justify the Takara price increases just because. But people will fall over themselves to justify it to themselves. Which is fine - spend your money how you want to. But don't complain when others aren't happy with the continued price hikes

• Like Like x 2
  11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

To be fair, some people don't buy those either...

That said, MP will probably continue to be successful. If they raise the price 50%, gain additional buyers with the changes while only losing 25% of your previous customers...even without the new fans, you're still coming out ahead.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  12. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    Bruh, I saw the price of the Figuarts figures and was pretty shocked. All things considered, I find MPs to be a much better line.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    As long as TT will continue to charge as much as they think they can get away with rather than a reasonable price for what they are offering I will reserve my right to be peeved about it. Same goes for any one charging outrageous prices.

• Like Like x 4
  14. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

Agreed. All I care about is for MP figures to have a solid robot mode. I never have them in their alternate modes outside of the ones released that way.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I think it's lame and don't believe they need to charge what they are now in order to be successful...they've been very successful with MP in recent years without going that route. That said, they're a business. They're not looking to complete our collections or offer great products at a great price. Their goal is to make money. For a long time they were leaving money on the table. And despite being a 3rd Party fan and supporter, I think they're largely to blame for that...seeing that the collector market was more than willing to drop upwards of $100 on a Carbot sized figure and $200 on larger figures. TT has taken it even a step further with the larger figures, but they're now charging what they think the market will bear. TT's mistake was not charging that much all along...now it seems ridiculous. And it is, but they're high end collectibles. It is what it is. Lucky for me, I think it's a good time for getting out.

• Like Like x 4
  16. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Common sense? It's being displayed along side the Seige leader Optimus remold into Star Convoy. The one from power of the Primes. The hands, are my next point, and then lastly; of it were a masterpiece... Why isn't it displayed with the rest of the Masterpiece? You can call mde dream killer or bubble buster, but there's nothing indicating in the slightest that it's got a single thing at all to do with the first MP Armada figure. At all. Sorry, not sorry.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That Star Convoy isn’t part of siege...

• Like Like x 1
  18. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't it? Thought it was. Either way, sure a hell isn't Masterpiece.

19. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    Ok, it's not a MP. But it ain't part of Siege, either.

20. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I'm told.