The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    If we get an MP armada prime, I’m expecting him in 2021 to help celebrate the 20th anniversary of the series.

Unrelated note, I feel so bad for red alert. MP-14 came out at the beginning of the Hasui era and thus had minimal differences to mp-12. Then, MP-14+ came out at the beginning of the plus line, before they started doing any actual retooling to improve the old molds.

2. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    Oi, at that price point it's a hard pass. Aside from I have never cared much for Bumblebee, Takara may be doing serious damage to their future sales. There's typically not much I won't buy if it's MP. $400 for Ops and now over $100 for a mini....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    To be fair it’ll likely be approximately $80 from the usual suspects like amazon jp.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    Fair enough I guess. What was the original BBs price on that site?

5. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Couldn't order from them back then, not toys anyway only magazines and books I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He and Sideswipe will get 2.0s. My only hope is they don't jump ahead of Starscream in the to-redo line.

7. jackisking

News Credits:
    But....but.....people will be mad . Honestly , I think they would curveball and do Soundwave next before Starscream. Just so this board can have a nervous breakdown. Remember all the people that thought mp10 was perfect, Hasui's legacy......who now own 3P Primes who they proudly proclaim that it blows mp10 out of the water. Same will be said about Soundwave and Prowl.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    I just hope we still get Deep Cover from MP-12. I'll go crazy if he and Clamp Down don't match. (I'd like the unreleased G2 deco as well, but I don't ever expect it.)

9. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    I could totally be wrong, but I don’t see a 2.0 happening for any of the figures that get the plus treatment.

As for what 2.0s we will get, seekers for sure to take advantage of the new flight stand that dinobot came with, possibly a new Soundwave or we’d have likely seen a plus version by now, which will of course mean new cassettes. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see a new magnus with a more toon accurate cab, and less chunky bot mode.

• Like Like x 2
  10. grimlock78

grimlock78 Well-Known Member

I think MP 50 should have been the new Optimus Prime. But do you guys think that a v2 Grimlock is coming?

11. jackisking

News Credits:
    I see them at the farther end of the to do list. Unless they get hundreds of right -ins saying people want new Lambors. Contrary to belief I think there are some other characters they want to get to.

12. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    Takara has a solid relationship with Lamborghini, and Red Sunstreaker is the last thing they can do, if they don't want to do Deepcover from MP-12. It's kinda getting time for a new Lambo mold.

13. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are there any other G1 (non combiner) characters that they could utilize the lambo license on?

14. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    There was a Micromaster...

Actually, branching out of G1, there's Car Robots Mach Alert. If Car Robots wasn't such a minor entry in the mythos, I might think he and the other Brothers were a real possibility. But it's really overshadowed by Armada, and sits in a weird place continuity-wise, and is really small compared to G1, and Beast Wars, and Armada, and the movie series.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  15. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Breakdown!:D 

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I want both of those, dangit!

That aside, I think you guys are right on the money with the "redos" and it makes for interesting speculation discussion.

I still feel Broadcast (Blaster) is coming soon, and I'm shocked we haven't seen a thing by now. The reworking on Hound has been interesting to see (I noticed the upper legs looked slightly redone, too).

The reactions to Bumble v2 has been just as interesting. Part of me was thinking that TakaraTomy was expecting the clamoring of fans like this new mold is just awsum, but I don't think such was the case (I wasn't there, so I'm just partly going off of the reactions online).

@BWfan86, Yep, @kibble was right - that was me. kibble is also correct in that whatever the case, no way the designers would use the former proto, as things have changed so much since then both from engineering and design standpoints. The direction of the line is so different.

I think that this new approach with Bumble v2 tells me that they could start making the alt modes a bit more generic to skirt by the licensing. Rijie could just be a blue race car and Meister could be just a white car with the 4 on the doors. I think Rijie has a better chance than Meister, as I still don't see them trying to make that generic of a white car just to make the character.

What I would like to see is Meister (Wheeljack, and Bumble) in the Cybertronian modes as seen from the first episode. It would give us a Meister, skirting around the Porsche licensing, another really cool Wheeljack and Bumble (though those last two would be a while because of their upcoming releases). The Tetrajets would be much more difficult, and I really don't see those happening.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Toddimus

Toddimus Well-Known Member

This is way too optimistic- but if they complete or reveal the rest of the Ark cast by the end of 2020 that would be epic.

And as far as the licensing issues with Jazz- I think that's another reason why Takara is releasing Bumblebee in Chibi form. I think they want to see how fans react to non-real world alt forms which is something that the MP line really hasn't done very much of if at all until now. And Bumblebee is a "safe" character to try it with because they know a lot of fans will buy him because it's Bumblebee so they can minimize potential disaster. I suspect that as long as most fans aren't completely up in arms about Bumblebee it will open up the possibility that we see a non-real world alt form for a potential MP Jazz and Mirage along with the rest of the minicars.

Speaking for myself- I would rather Takara have MP's for the entire Ark cast with a few that are slightly non real world in alt form than have characters like Jazz missing. Especially if the alt forms are cartoon accurate or reasonably close.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    What do you think about the gimmick of 44 and 45 having opening doors and a space for a driver to fit inside? Could this become standard on MPs going forward? Even 39 had opening doors, even if there was no cabin inside. And Meister's doors open already, they could consider this added play/display value worth pursuing on every new G1 mold.

Ehh, I still say they went chibi with Bumblebee because he was drawn that way in the cartoon and his original toy was chibi. The other Minibots will definitely follow suit, but the remaining Diaclones were drawn realistically-proportioned and their toys were the same and Takara will therefore make them the "old" way. I take no foreshadowing from 45 beyond the other Minibots will also be chibi.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I don't think that the "Human Alliance" aspect of these will become standard, but I think when a mold can allow for it they'll certainly create a way for it. I think Sunstreaker is a good example of this, where the doors open and such, but there's absolute NO room for a human figure. Meister might could allow for some cabin room, but also that cabin room might be necessary for parts to collapse.

I think you're right on the money with the larger cars in comparison with the Minibots. Even my previous post was just suggesting what *could* happen, not necessarily speculating on what I think will even actually happen.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

In a previous post, I brought up the possibility of Jazz not being a 'real world car'. I was actually picturing him in his Cybertronian alt mode.
    I know the 'real world car' fans probably wouldn't like it, but I think he'd look awesome. As long as his base robot mode is accurate, I'd be completely down for his Cybertronian alt mode.
    No licensing to worry about, and MP Jazz finally in hand.

As for Mirage, I could care less if he's missing livery.
    He's a favorite of mine because of his character, not for Earthen sponsorship decals. Same goes for Jazz and Smokescreen. Frankly, I prefer them without sponsorship decals.

• Like Like x 1