The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Gamerlingual asked a Takara rep yesterday and posted a pic of what it was supposed to look like. The difference, if any, is trivial

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Then, they still have to obtain the license even if they go for the chibi route.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Moderator

Here is a quick n' dirty comparison between @TCrackers lovely Bumble pic (from the neighboring appreciation thread), and the shots of the new Bumble 2.0 on display at Wonder Festival.

bumblecompare.jpg

Personally, I'm really falling for the new look.

At first I was dismayed by the precarious/splintered appearance of the backpack, but I do believe it'll tab together solidly (ala Sunstreaker), and TBH it looks on-par-with or possibly a fraction larger than what we've got with MP-21. I've never loved that the backside of him is a smooth slope with at tabbed on (i.e. parts-forming) spare tire. A diced and compacted car isn't necessarily an improvement to me, but it's not any worse.

What I do LOVE about the new figure is thickened calves, the smooth detailing on the shoulders/forearms/hands, the shape of the torso including/especially the new armpit/sides. I also love the new head.

I love MP-21 to death, and am super happy that we're getting to have our cake and eat it too (Chibi/Realistic ;'real transformation'/'cheats'). My only major qualm with MP-21 Bumble were the skinny legs--they just felt a little anemic for the Bumblebee I remember.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Predaking EX

Predaking EX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Maybe TT wanted to move away from the very noticeable made in china on BB???

• Like Like x 3
  5. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    So what does everyone one think about the new Armada Prime possibly being first in an MP Armada subline? The original toys were already pretty cartoon-accurate, so I think it makes more sense for MP versions to focus on better articulation and detailed stylization, like this new Prime does.

6. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I don't think he's under a MP subline, maybe Takara will make updates of "fan favorites" or the most wanted characters in Japan.

They could release a new Optimus from Animated there too.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Mod

News Credits:
    First Convoy, now Bumble...I'm wondering how many other characters we've already gotten figures of that TakaraTomy wants to "redo"....

• Like Like x 4
  8. Toddimus

Toddimus Well-Known Member

The Seekers for sure need a new mold. Soundwave is due a + figure if I had to guess- not sure what that would mean for the cassettes who are fine as they are to me. I could see Sideswipe getting a V2 after those two. And then after that my guess is they would do a + Ironhide and Ratchet without the hip skirts and the forearms cleaned up a little bit to fit in the line a little bit better.

• Like Like x 3
  9. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The remainder of the hasui bots and the seekers. Then Kobayashi will complete his goal of having a complete display entirely made up of his own molds

• Like Like x 2
  10. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And the Takara rep clearly knew nothing. A name tag doesn't mean you have a passion or even legitimate knowledge on the products, just means they get a blue TakaraTomy logo on their paycheck.
    I feel like some of the reps at these shows are partially like security to be able to identify everything and make sure nothing gets stolen.
    The backpack cleaned up alooooot better in that 360 video. He went from a no to a yes for me.

Haha I agree on your last post.. Koyabashi is on a mission to obliterate and eat the ashes of Hasui and have all the figures more or less be his own. I mean he started to MP line so it probably pissed him off to be relegated to number 2, I don't think the Datsuns will be redone as they are borderline perfect with the + upgrades.

I can bet Starscream v3 must be far along in development.
    Soundwave will probably get a v2 as he is Hasui's crowning glory and arguably one of the best MP's there ever was.
    I don't think there is a better way to engineer them cassettes though, they are special especially Lazerbeak.

• Like Like x 10
  11. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    The only thing that V2 Bee fails on are the feet. That just seems like they didn't have anywhere to put those parts and just made them "ankle stabilizers".

Agree with you about the seekers. If Bee has a 2.0, Starscream will have a V3 for sure. There isn't really any way to honestly make Soundwave better enough to warrant a redo. It may however get a + repaint.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Conspiracy time: remember the pictures from when MP got the Life Long award? Every MP shown was a Kobayashi mould, while all the Hasui moulds were ignored…. The only Kobayashi designed mould that so far has been redone, is Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  13. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Sorry guys & gals, but this Bumblebee is horrible ! Ugly feet, big head and strange back is enough to me to not buy him

However, Blackarachnia looks wonderful ! I wondering how she will transform into the spider mode

• Like Like x 1
  14. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That new Armada Convoy is part of their Seige line, not a new mp subline.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dugger

Dugger Sofa King Cool.

I forgive you this time because you acknowledged your mistakes, but you are going to need to try harder next time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Iv learned my lessons many times over from these shows as well as from initial pics of new MP’s. There just straight up not flattering . Maybe I just don’t have the “eye “ to see what is being made or the foresight to see what it could look like when completed , but Iv eaten my words a few times to realize not to judge anything until final pics. Bee 2 , has a lot going on that I’m not seeing nor can see even with the illustrations other members have provided. ( my imagination is clearly shot ). So while he may not look the best at this show , to right him off would be (for me ) a big no no. Come early summer , who knows , there could be newer / clearer pics , possibly a better pose , ( which could make a big difference in itself ) and a few minds may or may not change . I’m just not going to send him down the river until I know for sure what’s really going on with him .

• Like Like x 6
  17. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Not to my eye. Looks like much more coherent and tidy in the product turnaround shot than the mistransformed show piece. Wish the heels could've turned out differently, but oh well.

• Like Like x 11
  18. Dugger

Dugger Sofa King Cool.

Ok. The backpack doesn't look nearly as bad in those photos. I am not bothered by the backpack now, but the feet aren't changing and they are unforgivable.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    Where has that been confirmed? As far as I know, they haven't officially announced what line it's part of.

20. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The hands are certainly a dead giveaway.

• Like Like x 4