The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is no market that wants a Masterpiece line devoted exclusively to Diaclone carbots and A-list characters. Takara is giving us their vision of what the Masterpiece line should be.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I mean, I get what you're saying, a lot of people want a complete Ark cast, complete S1, 2 or 3 cast etc

But like the poll that I put up a few days ago, I'd be pretty happy with such an A-list Masterpiece line-up. I can live with it if we never get Seaspray (despite loving the G1 toy) or Skyfire. If we're only going to get a certain number of releases a year, then give me Super Ginrai before Gears, because the former would excite me a whole lot more than the latter. I'm pretty happy getting the licensed carbots before the likes of Cosmos or Beachcomber. I'll take Arcee over getting that very last Ark crew member. Maybe I'm an outlier here?

Having said all that, we know that Kobayashi has talked about wanting to do more minibots in the line. Only really Cliffjumper is (maybe) an A-lister there, and most of them aren't licensed. We can also be 99% sure that Blaster is coming. What we need is an increase in speed, if we want a chance at getting everyone's favourites.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t understand your post. That is exactly what everyone wants at a minimum

• Like Like x 1
  4. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Don’t think we will see an increase in speed because months in which we don’t have new releases, we get reissues or repaints

5. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    His point is that everyone wants that at a minimum, but sometimes it seems that that's the maximum Takara is going to give us.

Where in previous months we had repaints, we're now getting MPMs instead. I don't think we'll get an increase in speed unless we ask for it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    I think most people want everybody. One definitive representation of every in-show character, from the greatest to the least. This is where 3rd parties come into all of their popularity, and why so many of us find them essential. There's a growing realization that Takara is never going to expand the line as far as we want, not because they don't have the time or the budget, but because they don't want to.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Ask who exactly? I think many on here are quite vocal about wanting more releases. I would imagine its similar for JP fans. Takara must know that. However, why produce more new molds when they can just jack up the price on few molds and reissue older ones and make the same amount of money for less work?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  8. BWfan86

News Credits:
    I doubt that and that is honestly unrealistic. The hundreds of G1 characters who played no role in any actual story other than just being present. I would argue most of us want the ark crew, the major big bads, and a random smattering of personal favorites

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    And I would argue that you're in the minority there (without actually researching that opinion of course). If Takara's next communication is to say "we're retiring G1 MP after we finish the six remaining Diaclone carbots," I feel pretty confident there would be mass rioting, not gratitude.

• Like Like x 5
  10. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Put up a poll and see

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    I don't want to steal @Sam 's gig. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Take up the fight on Twitter where we can communicate with TT almost directly!

That would be a damn interesting poll, you should definitely post it up Ikkstakk - could spark some varied conversation. How would you phrase it - what do you want from the MP line? Who do you want from the MP line?

Please, steal away :lol  Probably better to wait until after the weekend, that's always a quiet time for the boards.

13. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    Oh God the responsibility...

*begins fretting immediately* :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  14. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    Agreed, 100%.

I count myself pretty damn lucky that I can say that I’ve already got MPs of most of the characters I love: Shockwave, Soundwave, Coneheads, Inferno, Grapple, Tracks - not to mention a version of Megatron that ticks all the right boxes for me - and a new Prime on the way that will be able to stand toe to toe with him.

Of that list I would ask for an updated Soundwave, but I’m ok if that doesn’t happen.

I’m dying for Hoist and Hound to be released (more realistic chance than the Constructicons whom I also want badly, as I’ve mentioned many times hahah), and I too would be stoked if we saw Arcee, but after that I’d say that most other characters are simply extra lashings of icing on the cake for me.

With all of that said, and as I’ve said before, I’d simply be happy for something else to be announced for the G1 crew.

• Like Like x 2
  15. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

My absolute MP Holy Grails are:
    Jazz
    Mirage
    CJ
    Blurr
    Windcharger
    Swoop
    Sky Fire
    Elita One
    Chromia
    Blitzwing
    Tigatron
    Airaizor
    Rhinox

My MPM HolyGrails
    Jazz
    Ratchet
    Dino
    Swipe
    Drift
    Crosshairs
    Topspin
    Road buster
    Jolt
    Blackout

I’m confident many on those lists will come to fruition.

G1 is definitely my heart, but I wouldn’t stop collecting if this line ended.
    Since G1 is still very much a moneymaker for Takara, I don’t see it ending anytime soon.

• Like Like x 3
  16. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

Perhaps 4 choices. “If you had to choose, where would you be satisfied as a stopping point?”
    1. Season 1 completion
    2. Season 1,2 completion
    3. Season 3 movie cast
    4. Keep going!

• Like Like x 3
  17. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Season 1 & 2 completed with Titans of the really huge characters and combiners, and all 14 from S1 Beast Wars, plus the 2 Fuzors.

18. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    In a perfect world, I’d be happy with options 2 and 3.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I definitely fall under option 4.

20. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Yeah but the point is, are there enough hardcore completists to make viable for them to release every minor character? Bandai does the same, just look at how many Mazinger there are in their lines, so I guess that's what brings the most profits. And we all know these companies are her for the money.

• Like Like x 1