The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

1. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I have to see this MPM VW Bee before I consider buying him.

October now has both MP Cordon and MPM VW Bee set for release.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SunSwipe5

JULY:
    MP Dinobot
    MPM Ironhide (Hasbro)

AUGUST:
    MP Shadow Panther

SEPTEMBER:
    MP+ Prowl

OCTOBER:
    MP Cordon
    MPM VW Bee

NOVEMBER:
    MP+ Shockwave

DECEMBER:
    MP36+ Megatron

JANUARY 2019:
    MP BW Megatron

We literally have MP releases every month, between July and January.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very perplexed that they did not show him.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To be fair, they don’t usually show off MPs at the panel. They usually just turn up in the display case afterward.

• Like Like x 1
  5. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Mp 30 and 40 were repaints tho.

• Like Like x 3
  6. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In fairness that's a lot of nothing, it's like reading a cereal box, I recognize one or two things but the rest of the stuff just runs together. I was thinking earlier about how odd it is to be a primarily Takara MP collector. After noticing the enthusiasm on the 3P boards after their show and the like/disappointment levels from Hasbro's reveals, your "ole happy day" boils down to 3 repaints more expensive than the original and one MP that you want, but isn't what you really want. I hope they come better than this in 2019. Let alone the fear all TTMall exclusives are going to come packed in goofy oversized Hasbro boxes.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Sam

Sam 189 days

News Credits:
    Yup, we might have to wait until MP-100 for something special, but I figured MP-50 could be more...

It's really weird seeing a year's end with no new carbots. A Hound, Mirage or Trailbreaker alongside 29+ in November or 36+ in December would definitely make the whole year seem like less of a wash.

This is why we should take to Twitter and demand more G1 bots! Where else can we communicate directly with Takara? There's no way in hell they're reading these forums.

• Like Like x 5
  8. SunSwipe5

Oh, I agree with you. I’m disappointed we didn’t get a new G1 MP.
    That being said, only MP I did not order was that MP36+ Megatron. That thing is fugly.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I know it's very unlikely, but I hope for a video review for BW Dinobot soon. This Saturday even better.

• Like Like x 1
  10. slideshot

slideshot Well-Known Member

“We’re proud to announce something special for our 100th Masterpiece. After several decades of pestering Porsche, MP-100 will be a definitive JAZZ!”

• Like Like x 6
  11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Do the original g1 figures not represent those cars either? Takara never licensed them back them so they must not be accurate.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then chances are.....

12. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    At least the MPMs are now at BBTS.

Anyway, i'm expecting a redeco of soundwave, it just feels inevitable.

13. Deathsaurus1

Deathsaurus1 Well-Known Member

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: 

14. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except many here will say they don’t care about what anyone outside or japan will say

15. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

That might have been true at one point, but now it’s just an excuse for griping fans to gripe. They know that the western market has a major impact on the line now - we don’t know how much of an impact we represent, of course - but it’s been acknowledged. It’s also the logical reason that they haven’t followed up Star Sabre with any other Victory characters - most (not all but most) westerners don’t have a clue who’s who in that set.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Sam

Sam 189 days

News Credits:
    I think you're on the money, but I don't think it's Western fans so much as the market in China (though I'm sure Western fans count for something). Then it's a question of whether the 1986 movie was popular there, or any seasons post S3. Would be interesting to hear from fans in China how popular the MP line is over there. How popular G1 in general is over there. @oku, @Seth Sunthay?

• Like Like x 5
  17. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Very true. China has enough pull that Hasbro Asia can do some pretty wild stuff, seemingly on their lonesome.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Now your question it's interesting, because even though i can't really even know how popular it's G1 in america, i'd say in china the market it's something really special if you're collector, you can practically find OF everything. (not just products, but fans too, groups, even forum, wich are simlarly populated as TFW or even more)

I'd say it's popular as they do in the whole western crowd, Transformers has also a great advantage due being one of the few films overrall to be exported to the chinese cinemas, and having such a high result (here talking about its impact in recent time), more than Star Wars can't even hope to do there.

Honestly?, i think with the whole g1ner crowd in china it's way way bigger than in japan. (by the population factor)

Here's one experience of a chinese fan.
    I grew up in China. My childhood was accompanied by all kinds of cartoons made by domestic studios and studios from Japan and America, including Transformers. Also there were toys made based on Transforms. I had a few and I loved them very much. Almost all kids living in towns or cities know Transformers. I know that some people grew up in the rural area may not know Transformers when they were children. However, now almost everyone knows Transformers. Interestingly, every Transformer has a Chinese name that reflects their own character or leadership ... ... It's funny.

Well, now aside of my subjectivity, G1 it's as pouplar as in America in china.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Sam

Sam 189 days

News Credits:
    Sounds to me like Transformers might be even more popular in China than in America. Definitely more popular than here in Europe. That's good news, and certainly explains Hasbro Asia releases which Takara don't believe will sell well in Japan (hence their exclusivity nature there): the Coneheads, Skywarp and Thundercracker (from MP-11), Blue Bluestreak, Clampdown, MP-29+ 36+, 14+, 15/16E.... the list goes on and on!

Pretty interesting, thanks Seth :thumb 

• Like Like x 5
  20. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I disagree with that, this board is the best example that proves TT , while aware of foreign buyers at the same time don't cater to them.
    *cheaper and simpler MPs( $50 carbots for all)
    *an increased schedule(Peoples wishlist of MP Runamuck and MP Runabout may actually happen)
    *none to minimal electronics/ accessories/gimmicks (all those do is drive up the price and I don't want them anyway, I just throw them in a box)
    In fact TT has done the exact opposite, bots have gotten more complex and expensive, the pace has slowed down even further, and they double down on electronics/accessories/gimmicks. Evidently whoever they are targeting isn't for the most part the people on this board.....made up of mostly non-japanese people.

It's not much of a surprise Transformers are popular in China, why else would Hasbro be more concerned about making what they want to see versus the rest of the world. Hasbro either makes G1-themed or movie themed which happen to be popular in China(sorry BW). Even 3p and the KO market exist to satisfy the China market.

• Like Like x 4