The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I'd buy all four of those, if accurate.

2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    If only I didn't purchase the 3rd party Huffer.

3. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

It’s just the Generations designs surfacing again. It always is.

4. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

If they do Huffer, and he is compatible with MP-10's trailer, that will make me more skeptical of a V3 Prime (unless they make him cab-only, and also interactive with MP-10's trailer). If Huffer isn't interactive, but does have the appearance of a connection port on his cab, well then, wouldn't that be interesting?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    IF MP prime v3 were to happen (PLEASE happen!!!!!) I fully expect him to use the same trailer connection as MP-10, and have a cross-compatible matrix and matrix chamber. Those two features have bled over to enough other figures that they can’t just scrap them.

• Like Like x 2
  6. GearsRollo

If they were to do a V3 Prime in the next couple of years that was just the cab and interacted with the trailer, it might be a good way to avoid fanrage over buying a new one. They'd be able to focus all the budget on Prime since the trailer isn't a factor - and the existing one is fine - as well as keep the MP-10 mold relevant. Down the line they could do an exclusive trailer redeco for whomever just can't live without an update for it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

Well, if v3 Prime was a cab-only release, maybe he'll finally come with Huffer, as a nod to the original plans.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    I'd be down with either of those. I really don't want another trailer to be honest. I have three and they're generally just huge boxes that take up space. I may try using them as backdrops when open in the display, that may change my mind a little!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I'd bet the house that v3 Prime would have a new trailer. Not including it would be like MP-36 Megatron not having his stock and silencer. MP-10's gunship isn't cartoon or toy accurate, Hasui modeled it after Studio Ox. The undercarriage will be blue, I think it'll have sfx, house a detachable stand for Prime, and I think the gunship might be detachable, maybe even be able to roll on its own (cartoon nods).

• Like Like x 4
  10. GearsRollo

I don't know either way, but I think if we get a Huffer that has a hitch, we'll know what they're thinking for a V3 Prime (if at all), and that hitch will tell us. If it were to match MP-10, at the very least, any new release of Optimus as an MP would be on the same setup, possibly using the old trailer. If it were to be a new hitch, that'd signal an all-new V3 Prime is in the works for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

Agree

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Loving this V3P speculation :thumb 

I too originally thought that they could make a Prime on his own, and have people use MP-10's trailer. But @Dean ML made me come round to the idea of a new trailer (as he did on V3P over 10+ in the first place).

I don't have Spike to put him in a sitting down pose next to Chip, but I think it's worth making note of the apparent reboot in scale for MP humans!! Since Raoul they're slightly bigger, right? I think a new Roller would be a little bigger to house Chip sitting, as well as whatever version of Spike comes with Hound. I actually wonder if they designed Chip to be that size purposefully so he can sit inside Hound.

Curious about the actual gunship itself, it's appeared in toy-style and also without the glass part, antenna and claw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Would like to see that last design. They'd definitely do away with the blue stripes on the side of the trailer, too. And probably make storage for allllll his accessories, including a stand (which could be plugged into the trailer).

There definitely wouldn't be a whole load of differences between trailers, except maybe size? I'd personally love it to hold two low MP cars, with a second level near the back to house Roller above them. Definitely lots of options there.

Who knows, maybe they'd just repaint MP-10's trailer, change a couple of things and stick it with the new V3P.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Or they could use the same coupling, release v3 prime separately and then release a ttmall exclusive trailer to really kill our wallets!

• Like Like x 2
  14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

If Mp-10's trailer is being suggested to work with a v3 Prime, does that mean a v3's ass end has to be twice as thick as it should be in alt mode like MP-10?

And as for MP transformations, they are getting to be more fiddly. The was one of the priorities with the post MP-9 line, that the transformations were somewhat intuitive and enjoyable. They were still complex figures, but they didn't feel complex. They've gone away from that with the last couple releases, IMO. Guess that's the price of the added articulation...things have to be a lot more complex and fiddly.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dean ML

I wouldn't be surprised if v3's hitch is cross compatible. Like @Sam said, I think the Matrix would remain the same or at least cross compatible even if it's remolded, too. I'd think they'd still want it to work with Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus.

I've already decided that as awesome as MP-10 is, I'd sell mine on to help fund two v3s :D 

16. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    You're right about the height difference. V3P may well not have such deep legs. Maybe they'll make it compatible with Magnus's trailer :lol 

I think extra articulation has just increased the parts count thus price. I'd say the transformations are more complex because they're going for cartoon accuracy full-on now, which for some TFs will be more complicated than others. If they made Prowl now I don't think his transformation would need to be a whole lot more complicated, really.

Agreed, the matrix will definitely still fit in Magnus and Hot Rod. I'd love for it to have an opening feature like MP-1's, and a light-up feature on top of that (that activates when it opens) would be incredible.

I don't know how they could improve Roller. That little guy can already tow 10's trailer and wield his gun!

I definitely plan to buy two V3Ps, along with one copy of the Megatron reissue that will surely accompany his release.

MP-50 too soon? They haven't made a big deal of the numbers yet, but they might for the big five oh.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dean ML

Yeah, you're right about Roller - MP-10's Roller is pretty bitchin!

Good point about numbering. The only time perhaps numbering coincided with anything special was MP-10, though I'm not sure if that was a happy coincidence or what. They have at least acknowledged anniversaries/special occasions a handful of times, though, most recently with BW 20th anniversary, right? I believe MP-09's box had a 25yr anniversary sticker on it, too, so here's to hoping they do something for The Movie's Japanese 30th next year!

18. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No. Not a real rumor at all. Just a fabrication of my imagination.

19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'm pretty sure you would be able to leave the wheels out if wanted.

20. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 S’goden, s’doodis

You shut your filthy mouth!

• Like Like x 1