The new direction with Bulk

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Torque, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll just agree to disagree. I don't feel like continuing this discussion anymore because it's starting to go around in circles.

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

He'll magically get better when they reformat him with a beast mode in season 3. ;) 

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BH's new direction can be one of a mentor for Smokes, since in the last episode they made pretty good partners.

4. ChromeBlade

ChromeBlade Well-Known Member

I could see that. He seemed far more open to Smokes by the end.

5. Drunk-Wheeljack

Drunk-Wheeljack MrTomo

Now this is what I like, someone not complaining about bulk being alive and recovering, instead you put forth a pretty cool idea

Keep doing that :D 

6. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I'm kinda sad that he didn't go with the Apex Armour as a protesis for the legs as I originally hoped.

I mean it's perfect Bulkhead gets to be back in action, a relic is ACTUALLY put in some use and we actually have a point of autobots getting it from Starscream instead of the usuall Autobots get all the relics because we said so.

7. LotusoftheLeaf

LotusoftheLeaf Well-Known Member

Who knows? He may still use it now that he and Smokey are on better terms. Optimus or another Autobot could need it in an upcoming battle, too.

8. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    A lot of the relics could've helped in tons of battles but the Autobots never seem to use them.

I mean check em out most of those are BROKEN in terms of power. If every bot just took two of em they could storm the Nemesis and rip Megatron a new exhaust pipe.

But they never seem to use em. Smokescreen is the only one who was smart enought to say "hey this shit can be helpful!".

9. LotusoftheLeaf

True, but since they are so game breaking I think the show would be over quickly if they used the relics to stomp the 'Cons.

...Then again, I'm sure that would make a lot of people here happy. :lol 

They did try to use the Spark Extractor, but that didn't turn out so well.

10. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    And that's exactly what I'm talking about when I'm annoyed and complaining about the tons and tons of episodes being about relic hunting. There are so many relics on Earth, and every new one is more powerful than the last one and the Autobots seem to have 90% of those so if you have all this overpowered stuff concentrate on using them to end the war insead of throwing it into the garage.

To me it all screams of lazy writting. The writers don't know how to fill up a season of 26 episodes so they throw in all these episodes about relic hunting and we end up with so many relics that could easily destroy all of the decepticons on Earth. And the writers know that and refuse to acknowledge it and pretend to not see it and insist on more relic hunting!

Because the way they went with it was pants on head ******ed. They transformed and started running towards the ship! Not to mention that the Spark Extractor is one of the relics that need backup from the other relic. Use that staff from season 1 to freeze the cons and then use the extractor. Problem sloved!

11. LotusoftheLeaf

I can see where you're coming from. It probably would have been best if the writers never introduced such powerful weapons to begin with, or at least not this early. If they'd waited until the show was close to ending, they could have added in the relics and had them used to end the war. Now they have them but can't use them because once the 'Cons are gone and the day is saved, there's no more show and therefore no more 22-minute toy advertisement, and that's less money for Hasbro.

I'm hoping that the relics will serve some greater purpose that's yet to be revealed. I remember reading something about them possibly restoring Cybertron somehow. I, too, would like them to have an actual point and not just be stowed away in the Autobot base like Christmas decorations.

12. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    ^Wasn't there once a synposis on season 2 regarding this? That they may be
    the key to reviving Cybertron?

13. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    If I recall correctly, it was said at some point that Prime was written so that it could end after 2 seasons if necessary, but could still continue on afterwards if decided

Perhaps Cybertron's rebirth will be this ending, and they're way to continue it for the 3rd season is Beast Hunters

14. LotusoftheLeaf

Just a guess, but maybe all the relics turn out to be
    the Omega Keys
    or
    the Keys
    are contained within them or something.

Anyway, I think I accidentally steered this conversation far off the topic of Bulkhead's injuries.

15. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your welcome.

16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Or maybe the relics actually play a huge role in reviving Cybertron. It's been said that Season 2 may deal with Cybertron being reborn somehow and the relics can play a role in this like perhaps act as keys for instance?

I get that the relic hunt may look like it's heading nowhere to you but the season's not over yet so if I were you I'd wait to see if they do serve a purpose this season first before calling the writers off as being lazy. I mean the last couple of episodes have Megatron now seeing humans as being a major threat so this is going to lead into him possibly kdnapping the kids. As for the team not using the relics they're don't really fully understand on how some of them work yet so they need more time to test them before coming into battle and Smokscreen's the one to teach them.

What's to say they won't try that method later on? And if I recall the writer who did Beast Machines worte that episode and he's not really a popular guy fro what I've heard.

17. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Agreed.

Hopefully they can use the Apex Armor in future episodes.