The new Blackout clip: take a look.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tr4nce, May 9, 2007.

1. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Ok, so a lot of people here were a bit disappointed in the Blackout footage found in the new clip that was shown in Ellen Denegeres' show. Alot of people say the animation is badly done, while others state that 1 second of this clip is not enough to base your judgment on. I have to agree with the latter.

Let's take a better look, with help of the GIF's I made.

This is Blackout from the new clip, I slowed it down a little:

[​IMG]

And this is Blackout in one of the recent TV spots:

[​IMG]

Ok, so mind how big Blackout is in the second GIF. I think the main reason that the animation looks so awkward in the first GIF, is because of the fact that Blackout seems to dodge some kind of bullets, and because of the fact that this shot is taken from below the waist. My conclusion is just this:

The animation itself is not as bad as it may seem. I think it looks fine, we'll just have to see a full shot of this scene. If you look at the second GIF, you actually see how big Blackout is. I think he is the same size in the first GIF, but due to the awkard camera position it all looks a bit strange.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Damn these school computers, I wish I could see the GIFs.:( 

3. defstar

defstar Autobot...

First off...Great job on posting this video and getting this slowed down...

Animation isn't bad IMO...I still have a problem with the design...I can't stand how he has all those gaps in his legs/feet...

The blades transforming down are pretty sweet though...

4. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

As someone who thought BLACKOUT looked brilliant from the start, that GIF cements my positive opinion (that movement is just so fluid and.... alive!). The legs seems fine to me.

On the other hand, I think it'll also cement those negative opinions that exist.
    That's the way people work I'm afraid: People see what they want to see.

Still, nice effort.

5. SDL

SDL Well-Known Member

Are those wrist mounted Guns? Cool! (Love the recoil affect they have on his arms

I admit that i'm one of thsoe that thinks his legs are too week to be able to support his body,

BUT

i like it, What we see of him looks good, He is so fluid in that movement.

That sequence is gonna rock!

6. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Thanks, and the leg ain't as wonky as I thought..

7. Tript

Tript Well-Known Member

I just cant get over the gaps either. I'm a suporter of the new designs, but look at Prime and Bumble Bee. Thier legs are solid , agmented with armor. In the first gif, the legs just look too fragile

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I Love The Animation

9. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Man, I love seeing that guy move!

One thing I kinda wonder about Blackout is that if he can transport Scorponok around, do you think the two work together as a team? They both watch each other's back to get the job done, that'd be epic :) 

10. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Blades down transformation is boner educing.

And I Agree on the waist down making it look awkward.

Can't wait to see this on the big screen

11. R.I.N.G.R.A.M.

R.I.N.G.R.A.M. 2nd Medic of Team Zissou

Hello to you all, im new here, this is my first post so here goes.

I actually think the design is really clever, we dont know how strong the material the tf's are made of actually is (being as its a made up alien metal and all :rolleyes2 ).
    Is it frail? Strong? flexible? we do not know, BUT we can assume the material is strong and protective or they wouldnt be much use as fighting robots would they?

So if you think about it, as long as the material Blackouts legs are made of is really strong, versatile and supportive, which it seems to be, then all of those gaps make perfect sense as the bullets will just fly straight through without causing any harm whereas if his legs were chunky he would repeatedly be getting hit which may lead to some nasty damage.

12. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Maybe Blackouts "weak" legs are being powered by hydraulics.

I dont think his legs look weak and cant support his mass, but I do think they look unarmored. I notice he's got a knee guards and shin guards, but not much armor covering everything else. Perhaps a weakness with the titanic monster?

13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Thanks for that gif. It really helps to appreciate the CGI animation.

14. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Wow! He's got some pretty weak looking legs. A few Marines with rocket launchers could make short work of him.
    This is a perfect example as why I don't like the character designs.

15. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

If those legs were made of a typical Earth metal, maybe. Heard of Adamantium? Perhaps these are Cybertronium (although I despise offerng up reasons when I believe none are required).

16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

How you doing? And Welcome!!
    It's an interestng idea, but I'm still betting that the character designers are a bunch of damned fools.
    I dunno, If I were a giant robot, I wouldn't want to risk the possibly of harmfull projectiles flying through me, and hope nothing gets damaged. I'd prefer more body armor. Something to cover up sensitive areas. It would reduce anything internal getting damaged more than just hoping for the best.

17. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    i dont understand why anyone would have any kind of problem with the animation, the animation is absolutely 100% spot on and can't be faulted. the only thing i have a problem with is the modelling.. his legs look a little flimsy compared to the bulk of his upper body. i don't care about issues such as being able to bear the weight of the rest of him etc, as noone has any idea of the properties of whatever transformers are made from.. it's purely aesthetic, his top half looks like it doesn't match his bottom half.

thats PURELY based on this one little clip though, the concept art looks perfectly in proportion.

18. WallOfMetal

WallOfMetal Well-Known Member

It's not just the animation (you can't see his legs really move in that clip from the trailer anyway) but the legs, themselves, they look so rickety and awkward, like scaffolding.

19. WallOfMetal

WallOfMetal Well-Known Member

If the material is so strong how come our run-of-the-mill tanks and bazookas effortlessly frag the Decepticons in the film?

20. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

I ain't too big on some of the designs but that was pretty badass. I'm glad to Blackout told that guy talking on the laptop to STFU in his own little humble Decepticon way.