The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by EmperorDinobot, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's Optimus propaganda. Other than a general disregard for humanity and outside a couple Cons popping shots on some random Chicagoans, the Decepticons never really did anything eviler than Cybertronian self-preservation. OP is the one ripping faces in a murderous rampage.

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Oh, yeah. Aside from killing hundreds of humans on at least three separate occasions, and forming their entire organization around a guy who gets his rocks off destroying the suns of civilized planets just because his brothers told him not to, the Decepticons are totally well-balanced and thoughtful dudes.

3. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

The Cons Don't Care About Cybertron They Want to Rule it, So that Way
    they will Have All The Power They Need To Conquer The Universe Thats Why
    Megatron Wanted The AllSpark to begin with To Conquer The Universe, If it
    wasn't For Megatron's Hunger For Power,
    Optimus Would Be Siting On a Cyertronian Beach Enjoying
    a Cyber coconut mist Or Something, But Instead
    They Were Thrusted into War For their Freedom! And The Freedom of All
    Cybertronians, And All Other Sentient Beings Alike, Optimus Would Not
    Allow Megatron to do to Earth what he did To Cybertron Which was The Killing Of Innocent Cybertronians and Start a War thet Would Consume the Planet,
    So He had To Stop Him At Any Cost,:) 

4. Pauly T

News Credits:
    All of Megatron's supposed past evil is told, not shown and told by Optimus, the dude who gets his jollies hunting down and murdering clearly defeated adversaries. All Megatron tried to do was retrieve the key to Cybertronians' continued existence. After he was held against his will and stripped for parts by a bunch of relatively bald apes, he avenged himself and tried again to retrieve the key to his race until his attempted murder by the guy who decided extinction was better than being ruled by someone he disagreed with, a guy who may be his own brother

5. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

Because they're a bunch of war mongering barbarians with more power and technology than they deserve. How many planets, suns and worlds have been mentioned to be consumed by Cybertronians from the beginning of Bayverse's saga?

6. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

He doesn't, he just doesn't value the Decepticons because they are all trying to kill him and the humans, and he finally found a home and a friend in Sam worth fighting for. Optimus wasn't the one that destroyed Cybertron, and he just didn't have the strength in numbers to stop it, and now it was going to happen on Earth.

And he knew the Decepticons would never go through with their truce. Sentinel was a fool!

EDIT:
    I've read some of the response to your clueless quote, and the others are on track. You just don't get it. You never did and you never will!

7. Pauly T

News Credits:
    Again how many shown or told to us by Optimus and only Optimus without any corroboration?

8. Sso02V

News Credits:
    "Let me strip the very flesh from his body."

This is how Megatron says he intends to get the information that is freely flowing out of Sam's mind. Obviously he means it metaphorically, as that's the calm and Raksha- sorry, reasonable thing to do. Don't know why I can't stop thinking about Raksha when I talk to you. Weird.

9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I'm not going to pay much attention to this thread but Prime did destroy Cybertron. He did it personally when he ejected the Allspark into space. I find it annoying how many people overlook that fact.

10. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

It was Jetfire who said the Decepticons are Chaotic Evil that will destroy the universe given the opportunity.

Why do you think Wheelie switch sides? Because the Decepticons are assholes.

The whole Decepticon movement began with the mentality killing whatever they want without moral qualms.

11. soundwaverulls

Sam killed him. I would want revenge as well.

12. Sso02V

News Credits:
    And of course putting revenge before the reinvigoration of one's own race is such a noble cause.

13. OrionsBelt

Are you for real? Cyberton was destroyed long before that! And, you think if Megatron got a hold of the cube, it would all be better?

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" are nothing more than celebration of Leonard Nimoy.

Nothing more.

And I can tell you that so-called 'liberals' base their ideas of conservatives on not much more than their prejudices... and I suspect that conservatives are just as clueless about 'progressives'.

I'm independant; I think the left and right are both full of crap.

15. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

Optimus released The Allspark Because Megatron Wanted to Use It to Take
    Over Cybertron And Then The Whole Universe He would Corrupt the Allspark
    And Use It For Evil!
    At Least By Releasing it Optimus Bought Time And Actually
    Had A Chance To Find It Before Megatron, So Megatron is Responsible because
    If He didn't Want it For Power, Optimus Wouldn't Have had To Send it Away from
    Megatron :) 

16. Pauly T

News Credits:
    Agree 100%

17. OrionsBelt

Usually I disagree on your stance in things, but this, you're spot on. They're doing a real good job at keeping this nation divided.

18. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Sentinel Prime gave away the location of the Allspark to Megatron.

The original Autobot intention it seems was to retrieve the Allspark later and with conjunction using Space Bridge technology establish colonies so that at a later date they would retake Cybertron.

Sentinel and Megatron's plan was to bring Cybertron where the Allspark was located. Which was at Earth. Ending the war with a truce. Megatron doing it to possess power and build an army and slaves using the Allspark. Sentinel doing it to rebuild Cybertron with the needed natural resources from Earth.

19. soundwaverulls

Well I remember at school they say our actions are our own and can not be blamed on others. That is the only argument I have so you probably won.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Think of it from a human perspective. Lets say that humanity and Earth needed something like the cube to survive. Would you rather someone destroy the cube and doom us all both bad people and good people. Or would you rather the bad guy got the cube but the good guys don't give up hope of somehow getting it back.

If Prime really cared for Transformers and Cybertron he'd never give up hope of getting the All Spark back from Megatron somehow. Heck this is the same Prime who left Bumblebee to be dissected by the humans because Prime couldn't focus on anything but the mission. Kind of sad the humans were no man left behind but Prime will just leave an Autobot behind.