The MPM Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by KayODave, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Ruination20

Ruination20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    MPM-10 Starscream

STAR 01.jpg
    STAR 02.jpg
    STAR 04.jpg
    STAR 05.jpg
    STAR 06.jpg
    STAR 13.jpg
    STAR 14.jpg
    STAR 28.jpg

• Like Like x 23
  2. Ruination20

Ruination20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Finally, I was able to recreate this photo with the MPM figures (Ironhide is mistransformed)

IMG_20210420_181521_165.jpg

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
  3. tonysandlin

tonysandlin Well-Known Member

Who's excited for Blackout?!?

I'm really hoping he comes with Scorponok, though I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't. Also hoping the paint is better for this one haha

That just leaves us with Brawl and Bonecrusher for the two big characters!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Transvin

Transvin Well-Known Member

Is it confirmed?

5. tonysandlin

Soft confirmation. He was rumored a few months ago by a couple reputable sources and was just again confirmed by someone with intimate knowledge. Not sure if there will be a second MPM next year, but I would guess its going to be a character from the new movie.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AUTOBOT1995

AUTOBOT1995 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hyped for it! Hope we get a look soon though and its early 2022 rather than a late year release...

Its honestly not hard to see them finishing the Deception line up if they pull this off, Just wish we had one more figure rumored on the way (after a new bumblebee was false).
    With blackout, its not too hard to see an MPM scorponok being included so this may be a two birds, one stone sort of thing ideally. If not though the 2007 deluxe makes a great stand in anyway.

Then its just brawl and bonecrusher remaining and if they ever actually did the beater bumblebee to just round off the first movie.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So we are really only getting one official MPM this year and it's not even bayverse. Oh well, 2022 Blackout would be sweet! I know they can do better than Hide Shadow cause that's a partsformer.

8. tonysandlin

I completely forgot we only got 1 this year. What a bummer.

I really wish the 76 bee was true. Its such a shame that they only gave us 1 this year as it would have been a great opportunity to Bee alongside Optimus.

I'm personally not optimistic that they do Bonecrusher or Brawl, but I would love to see it. We don't have any good MPM substitutes imo. The best we have is the Dream Factory Bonecrusher, that I'm not too fond of.

For Blackout, I'm hoping we finally get a clean backpack that collapses the helicopter tail properly. And hopefully the rotors fold up nicely on the back. Oh and if Scorponok is included, I hope its actually in scale. They always end up being far ro

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bakarina

Bakarina Well-Known Member

Yeah. You know how good those studio series figures were once somebody oversizes them into MP scale. Blackout just need a few paint apps to look like a full blown MPM and hide shadow is a welcome part of my display. Bonecrusher though... ugh. I didn't even buy his oversized KO.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They must mean third party Steelclaw; it’s the only mpm scale version of the character out there

• Like Like x 3
  11. Bakarina

Bakarina Well-Known Member

12. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Nikkal101

Nikkal101 Well-Known Member

I feel we need a MPM Scale Brawl more than anything. I’m ok with Hide Shadow for Blackout and DF Bonecrusher for MPM scale.

I just want a Brawl which is a bit shorter than MPM Prime and a bit taller than MPM Ironhide/Ratchet (so about MPM Primes shoulder would be ok).

I have the OS SS Brawl but he’s too big and the original 07 Leader is about the right size at the head but it’s just too outdated now…

• Like Like x 2
  14. tonysandlin

This is exactly how I feel. Despite not liking DF Bonecrusher, at least its a decent option for the character. Brawl has nothing good. I hope he's the next Decepticon after Blackout. My preference is that they both release this year, but I doubt Hasbrouck puts out two Decepticons this year. Maybe next year if we're lucky.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Zogliatti

Zogliatti Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I'm also hoping to see an mpm Brawl somewhen, it's the character who need it the most. Dream Factory Bonecrusher and Hide Shadow are for me good enough (i just purchased Hide Shadow and I was impressed from him, even though I'll replace it with the mpm if he will be better and about the same size), both for look and size. The representations of Brawl that we have now all have something wrong: the Weijiang is huge and based on the old leader, as well as the dream Factory, which is the right size but inaccurate. The BMB OS SS (the One I own) is the most accurate but also is too big. Brawl really need some love! He also had quite enough screen time to justify an mpm Version.

• Like Like x 2
  16. AUTOBOT1995

AUTOBOT1995 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whatever happens I hope its not just 1 mpm per year after blackout. I can see why and how they could need the extra dev time but even if just a retooled 03 bumblebee with a different vehicle/movie style option dropped next year that would be satisfying.

Hell id also take a starscream repaint in ROTF colors if it meant pacing out the line enough to get more figures (ratchet also applies to that), just to see the line continuing a bit more consistently.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Skillfulgram2003

Skillfulgram2003 JLTE03

News Credits:
    I hope they do MPM shatter And Dropkick from BB
    Even if they can't tackle the Triple Changing Format. vlcsnap-2019-04-06-07h21m27s199.png vlcsnap-2019-04-06-07h21m33s244.png

• Like Like x 4