The MPM Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by KayODave, Oct 9, 2017.

1. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    Sorry cant be bothered going though the post , but are these the rumoure new mpm’s (ratchet and starscream)?

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Don't know for sure just yet, but I think they are.

• Like Like x 1
  3. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    Oh ok ....

i hope they are at the usd prices then

4. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    So hyped for these! Prices seem in line with previous MPMs, if you take into account their size and (presumably) complexity.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    MPM Jazz. I like him a lot. I know I forgot to do the butt spike steps for the transformation to robot mode. I was in a bit of a hurry. I'll have it rectified when Dad gets home from work. 20200224_082905.jpg 20200224_082923.jpg 20200224_083912.jpg 20200224_083918.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    20200224_193003.jpg 20200224_193148.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  7. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    They need to release ratchet this year or I’ll be very sad! My collection feels so incomplete without him.

• Like Like x 10
  8. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    So, i pulled the trigger and ordered the Takara version of MPM Prime (with a fucked box, but hey, it was cheap), with an actual decent shipping service. (I expect to have it in at least 1 month)
    Hopefully my jazz it's still on the way.
    Umhh, interesting, it reminds me of MPM Megatron's neutral pose.

9. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    I hope, i am still alive (concerned about sars-cov-2) when or if mpm ratchet is revealed or comes out.:redface2: :( 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Transvin

Transvin Well-Known Member

What happend to the new MPM reveals? Was hoping to have seen them by now!

• Like Like x 2
  12. AUTOBOT1995

AUTOBOT1995 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean it seems we may be waiting a while to see the New MPM figures but it appears they're still coming as seen with those retail listings? here's hoping we just get a spontaneous reveal soon now that events are being cancelled. Ratchet would probably be one of the first MPM figures they can just straight repaint for his 1-2 and 3-4 appearances so I'd imagine they're taking their time to get QC right, Same goes for Starscream having two different paint jobs. The longer they work on these two figures is less they have to do later reworking issues out for the eventual repaints
    (Between appearances > Barricade and ironhide just have accessories for the most part. Bee and prime have significant changes so they'd needing reworking anyway while the other 3mpm's are one offs. That's my theory of why the new two could be taking longer...)

Kinda curious to know is there any add-on's anyone'd like to see for the existing figures?
    Personally I would like to see the blade weapon as seen in the first movie console game for Jazz, If i can improve 3D modelling skills and get a resin printer id give it a shot myself

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If they do re-release the already released MPMs as DotM versions, which things would you want them to rework (besides the aesthetic differences in the designs and the extra accessories they'd have)?

Bee: He's pretty good as-is, but I'd like them to rework the door wings/back kibble so that it's a bit more accurate and posable.

Prime: Obviously the vehicle tabbing issues, but my main thing with him is the headsculpt needs to be better. I'm one of the few people who thinks MPM Prime is pretty darn good, but those issues are pretty in need of reworking.

Barricade: I didn't like how the arms didn't quite stay together properly and seemed sort of hollow. Other than that he's really good. He probably has the least chance of being reissued.

Ironhide: Ho boy. I really REALLY love MPM IH for various reasons (in the looks department he's got it), but he needs some serious reworking. The whole tabbing system needs to be reworked, as nothing quite stays together in either mode. My main issue is that the shoulders should have had the OPTION to tab in securely (like SS IH), while retaining the OPTION to untab for extra articulation. However to me the worst part of the figure by far is the arms. They need to be totally rethought. The arm panels are way too big while the actual arms themselves are too skinny. The cannons should have looked like they integrate more into the arms (again, like the SS) so they sit closer (I modded mine to do this although it's crude), and while the articulation is good, it's tight at the shoulders and weak in other places, which just helps to make everything dislodge itself constantly. Oh and the arm panels don't stay tabbed in. EVER. Lower on the list would be more ankle and knee articulation, but that's not a huge necessity.

Megatron: This wouldn't really be a reissue as it'd be a totally different design.

Jazz: He uh, didn't make it to the other movies so no reissue potential here :( 

• Like Like x 4
  14. AUTOBOT1995

News Credits:
    Bumblebee has quite a lot of potential in the sense of each movie the car mode and by extension the robot is tweaked, dotm being the most extreme. I wouldn't be against seeing his different Camaro forms, especially the older 1976 camaro! Give him the shoulder cannons too and that'd be sweet.

I mean a DOTM prime would be fantastic, rework the chest section, then the major issues and go for the full trailer (taking a note or two from the SS version) it'd be great. I do plan on picking up the hooks and blaster kit in the near future, could be good for photos.

yeah and the only other accessories they could likely include would be his DOTM gun or Frenzy..

I also love MPM IH but if they could rework the arms while keeping the torso and legs id be all for it. They could change it up by giving him the DOTM guns like the upgrade kit if they were to go that far but alas it'll likely just be a reissue with the guns for the DOTM version.
    Maybe id like to see his giant cannon like the DOTM game had or even weapons styled after the jungle attack figure?

maybe G1 colours like the custom? Id buy that in a heartbeat too. make it a special edition sort of thing

• Like Like x 3
  15. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Dude. If they pulled off MPM Prime with the updates we talked about AND an awesome fully functional trailer?.....I, I think I'd pay MP-44 money for that and not even think twice... I mean, MP-44 comes with an assload of accessories and I'm not interested in any of them, but dotm Prime's trailer with all the weapons he used and a jet pack and they could all mount in the ring configuration???

• Like Like x 4
  16. AUTOBOT1995

News Credits:
    I mean technically its been done before with the leader ROTF optimus! I can totally see a similar kit being done officially or through a 3rd party. We've already seen that Jetfire power up kit so its really not a far reach to imagine the jetwing gear either. All those accessories would be stellar for MPM-4 the amount of poses and the photos that could come from that would be insane!
    Plus MPM-4 does have the trailer hitch compatible with MP10. I can definitely see a trailer being made for him in the future

17. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah but ss optimus has a trailer that's better than the one we got for leader OP so I'd want to see a step up from that with the jetwing kit integrated into the trailer mode and such. The new DNA upgrade kit for the ss optimus trailer is really nice. I'd be very happy if we got that for MPM OP but just with a more accurate ring mode.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'd be down for a new mold or improvement ala ss05-ss32.
    They got the actual model to work with now. (Unless they already did so with the mpm4)
    But i agree the oficial it's pretty decent for what it is.
    They just....need to fix their mistakes.
    -
    In other news, i'm happily to report that HLJ gave me enough store credit from the refund to re-order Jazz again, but with a proper shipping service.(with tracking now)

• Like Like x 1
  19. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    We know what MPM (1) or 11 is to Quote Ironhide from the first movie “its Starscream” it also roughly matches the price, so (2) is hopefully and highly likely MPM 11 Ratchet unless it is something else.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Transvin

Transvin Well-Known Member

ACF3294F-9696-4399-9174-CC183AD8FC13.jpeg
    If true the release is in September!

• Like Like x 2