The Movie-verse as a whole

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Mar 2, 2012.

1. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, but let's all keep slamming on G1, right?? hurrrrrrr

2. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    The reason I hate the movies is not because they are "different" as you say. Beast Wars, Animated and Prime are all very different from the traditional G1 aesthetic and I love them.

The reason I hate the movies is due to the fact that they are simply bad movies, with insulting, racist toilet humor, obvious plot holes and contradictions, terrible dialogue and ridiculous, unbelieveable human characters. It doesn't help that the transformers seem to be the secondary characters.

Knowing how cool TFs could be, then seeing the opportunity so mishandled as far as integrity and concepts are concerned was very disappointing.

So, in essence, you are totally wrong. You claim that I hate the films because they are different from G1, and they are actually decent movies if I could overlook that.

In reality, I can completely overlook that to enjoy a great film, but it's the opposite of what you say, the movies are horrible in execution and the only reason I even watched them was BECAUSE it was Transformers.

So, good job on being completely backwards.

And why would you defend the movies when they are filled with robot-pee, farts, racist name calling, testicle tasing and more plot holes than you can count? What is so amazing that you would defend them? Hell, I decided to give up totally after DOTM and stick with TF Prime and the new (Awesome) comic relaunch.

3. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Wrong again.

I am in LOVE with the TF Prime designs. I like them so much it makes my classics shelves look a little silly in comparison, and I've collected TFs since 84.

I hate the movies designs because of a few key points; they are TOO overdesigned and busy. Too much detail for detail's sake. Also the characters don't have set transformations, it's dfferent every time, the camera closes in, they show some spinny parts and then there's a robot, they don't even TF the same each time. I'm not a fan of the decepticons looking like drooling evil mutant monsters instead of Transformers. Don't even get me started on movie Starscream, easily the worst screamer design EVER.

Anyway point being I don't hate them for being non-G1, I hate them because they are just overcomplicated messes for the most part.

You sure seem to have it all figured out but then are completely wrong. How does that feel?

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yup. They ain't poor movies because they're not G1. They're poor movies because - shock horror - they're poor movies.
    Ah, the wonders of haters hating on hater-hating haters. It's the Circle of Movie Forum Life.
    Yes. Respect my opinions please.
    Ah, I didn't realise the respect is only allowed to go one way.

Actually, I do have some respect for certain people that enjoy these movies. And they're often the people that understand others might not like aspects of these films and are allowed to voice those opinions without being told they can't because 'Wah! People don't like what I like and I want to live in a bubble where I won't encounter opinions that are different to mine!'.
    Finally an explanation for the shaky-cam. One of these days he'll go blind from it. :p 
    But those kinds of thread seem to fizzle out so quickly. It's almost like just being positive in a movie thread is somehow boring, even to the people that love these movies. They may not like 'teh hatorz' but actually it's what keeps this forum interesting.

5. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

This! It is so this! It has always been about this! It is so simple to understand!!!

6. MadCatTonton

MadCatTonton MCTT The Magnificent

LMAO

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I agree with SentinelPrime.

They are not well thought out movies. It's a shame because they were Good Concepts that are never executed right.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If you want less complaining then the film makers need to give us less to complain about and more to be happy about. It's why I don't get critical on Blazing Saddles because there isn't anything for me to complain about.

9. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

Geewuners-STFU and leave the movie lovers alone
    G1 haters-STFU and leave the g1fans alone
    Moviehaters that arent geewuners-STFU and leave movie fans alone.
    Other haters of other tf series-STFU and leave those other fans alone!
    Haters of TFormers in general-dafuq are you doing here?
    EVERYONE STFU ABOUT EACH OTHER, NO MORE BASHING FROM ANY SIDE ATLEAST ON THIS SITE (SURE IT'S THE INTERNET, BUT WE CAN CHANGE THAT!),GO PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR FAVE SERIES, AND WE CAN ALL BE HAPPY AS LONG AS ALL OF US STFU ABOUT HATING THIS AND THAT. WE CAN ONLY BE HAPPY THEN, WE CAN! :thumbs2: 

10. Starparu

Starparu Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THANK YOU !

But in all seriousness, Both G1 and The movieverse have their flaws, and While I prefer movieverse, It's all boils personal preference. Lets just not bash the other side for how bad they are, and enjoy whatever series is your favorite :) 

-Star

11. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Shutting down debate is never the answer.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Everyone is setting fire to each other so you thought it would be a good idea to drop a bomb on them? Metaphorically speaking of course.
    Unless of course it's a mod locking a thread. But other than that I agree.

Demanding everyone STFU isn't going to progress anything with regards to how people interact with each other here. People just have to tone down their intolerance of the opinions of others. Some people just can't stop themselves jumping on any little bit of opinion that's opposite to their own and trying to stamp on it. StacyGrsley's intent might have had good intentions, but the execution still came from a place trying to shut up people that have a right to voice valid criticisms of the movies or whatever.
    It's less a need for everyone to STFU and leave their opposites alone and more just interacting with them intelligently and with some degree of respect and understanding where they're coming from even if you don't agree with it. And maybe with a dash of fun.
    Don't try and stop debate. Just do it more betterer. :)