The movie is not G1.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheBeastman, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Nope, I never take anything personally.

I'm being serious.

You said everyone thought "the yellow sports car was Sunstreaker,the black pick-up was Trailbreaker and the Green tank was Megatron".

I didnt.I'm part of "everyone".

That was a "blanket statement" that didnt help your argument.

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Seeing the robot modes of Optimus and Jazz were the only 2 that were recognizable.

Everyone else was just a guess.

3. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I went into the first film pretty spoiler free and for the most part.. hell for the most part of all the films the only robit designs I thought were poor were the decepticons in general. Not because they didn't look G1 but just because they looked like crap :lol 

4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Sadly, you're not going to get many honest answers to those sort of questions anymore. Tons of movie fans have been wearing their 20/20 Hindsight goggles since the first movie came out and like to assert that they ALWAYS knew exactly who was who, were never confused by the designs being so outrageously different or similar to each other, and even now like to accuse the people who DO admit their past/current confusion as being dumb or ignorant to what "is as clear as day" if they bothered to pay attention.

These fans are usually the same ones that also forget to take themselves out of the hardcore uber elite side of things for a moment so as to understand how & why millions of Joe Somebody's who don't sit on Transformer forums all day could legitimately think that Grindor from ROTF was just Blackout from TF1 again, not know why & where Starscream's new tattoos came from between TF1 & ROTF, legitimately assume that "the little crazy boombox guy" we know as Frenzy might have been TF1's version of Soundwave since his name was never mentioned... along with many other examples that WE as fans can & do take for granted as supposedly being "obvious" to everyone else.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I distinctly remember that we figured out the blue mercedes was Wheeljack as soon as we saw his head...

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Good post indeed, it is something a lot of us take for granted, hell even me sometimes. Not saying it went on as such, but... things a director coould put in a film to screw with the hardcore fan community of any given franchise would magnify the confusion for Joe Schmuckatello in the theater a thousand fold.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, this thread is a trainwreck.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.