The most pitch perfect ROTF film review I've ever read.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Awesomus Prime, Nov 5, 2009.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Yeah, I never read one critic ever say anything of the sort (we've been over before that Ebert never said that either). Try again please.

Hmmm, I'm trying to think whether he might have given you a real reply, or if your ego actually thinks that he was writing in response to something that you wrote him (probably very reactionary in response to his original review). And was the Geewunner comment really necessary?

2. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Blog post. Answering every single one that disagreed with his opinion on ROTF.

3. Tyrannosaur

Of course you haven't. Because everytime I post something you reply you never heard of it. I believe the expression "living under a rock" comes into play here.

He did. He did with almost everyone who didn't agree with him. Look at his blog and the posts he made about ROTF.
    And yes, the GEEWUNNER comment was neccesary. It's an insult to the hard working, talented artists who create and animate these bots.

4. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Strange thing is, he actually really liked the first one. I don't understand what possibly turned him off so much. I mean, I liked TF1 more as well, but ROTF wasn't so drastically worse.

5. Tyrannosaur

I still think Ebert and a few other critics were being paid under the table, as crazy as it sounds :lol 

He gave GI Joe half a star more?! WTF? ROTF doesn't deserve a perfect 10/10 or 4/4 but it certainly doesn't deserve a freaking 1 or no rating at all.

6. smkspy

Yeaahhhhh, I doubt that, kid. Maybe it's cause you just make a lot of shit up.

Oh please, then back up what you're saying with some quotations. I read pretty much everything (Review, blog, and comments...is that all?) that he wrote about ROTF. He NEVER claimed people were idiots for liking or enjoying the film. His only claim was that if you think ROTF is the best movie evah, then you need to watch some more movies cause your ability to appreciate fine crafted movies is not sufficiently evolved enough. Though that revealed more about people's lack of reading comprehension skills than statement I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

And he never said he didn't like the robots. He said that he didn't like the film's heavy reliance upon them, e.g. the CGI. It's big difference.

Edit: please tell us what your post on his blog was that he replied to. I'd love to read as I'm rereading all the comments.

7. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I am offended by all this Roger bashing.

8. smkspy

I heart llamatron.

9. Tyrannosaur

He claimed in his review that the robots look like junkyard throw-up and constantly nit-picked at them because he felt they were too complex.

Look at the blog post "I'm a proud brainiac" I believe it's in there.

Oh and if you haven't realized it yet (Like many things it seems) I despise you. Good day sir.

There were plenty of comments in both articles he wrote (Fall of the Revengers) (I'm a proud Brainiac) that actually critically analyzed instead of just moaning and groaning from ol' Ebert saying that it was too loud. Too loud? They're giant robots in a damn Michael Bay movie, you think it was gonna be all nice and quiet?

10. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    :lol 

11. smkspy

And your point is what exactly? That he should have keep his opinion about the designs to himself cause he might hurt the poor feeling of the ILM guys?

How about you quote the specifics for me. Burden of proof and all that.

And if you haven't learned it yet (Like a great many things it seems), your hate makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Again, his opinion on something that hurt HIS enjoyment of the movie. Not yours. And while I didn't think ROTF was too loud, when I saw Terminator Salvation I thought the exact same thing. Too loud.

12. Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub Well-Known Member

Other than his unevolved comment he also said flat out that anyone who thought RotF was a good movie was wrong. Like his opinion is fact. For a professional film critic he forgot what we all learned in kindergarten. He's the Kanye West of critics.

13. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    The First Movie is still better.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I disagree about the fun part, but yes the review does capture how the film was able to hit it out of the park at times only get almost painful at other points. A film with some deep flaws, but not even close to being the worst film of the summer.

15. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I am yet another concurring collector.