The Metal, Hardcore and Punk Music Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Feb 25, 2008.

1. OmegaDead

OmegaDead Well-Known Member

One more day till I go see Ministry! VIP ticket kiddies, get to meet the band, get an autographed poster & CD OHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHH!

I also picked up tickets to go see Dethklok in June, has anyone else been to Dethklok? how is their show like?

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Going to see Dragonforce in June, apparently Turisas are supporting... so I go to YouTube to check them out:

I'm scared...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  3. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Ministry kicked all kinds of arse when I saw them back in '99, hope you enjoy it. :D 

Wow um... If you weren't tee-total I'd recommend you spend most of the Turisas' set at the bar. A friend of mine tried to get me into these guys last weekend by playing this very song - I love my batshit-crazy cover versions but that was not a good way to convert me. :(  Made from 10 different kinds of 'wtf?'

4. soundwave-maker

soundwave-maker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Formanation of Damnation

Just WOW. Absolutely worth the purchase. I can not put this one down. It's an instant classic. Grammy worthy. Can't wait to see these guys when they make out to my neck of the woods.

Go out and get yours today.

5. soundwave-maker

soundwave-maker Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOO!!!! I just realised they were in town like 2 weeks ago.

6. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

Check them out.

7. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I've seen them. Most amazing show I've EVER seen. And I've seen more than a couple good bands. Amazing enough I'm going to them again in June.

That new Testament album is so getting bought.

8. OmegaDead

OmegaDead Well-Known Member

The Ministry show in Toronto was awesome. Ministry was the loudest show I ever saw, my ears were ringing after their set (and Iv'e seen Slayer, Pantera, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel & many other very loud bands).

Hemlock was the first band out and they ruled! (never seen them before). Got to hang out w/ the lead singer before and after the show. He was super cool. Gave me a bunch of Jagermeister matches and hung out and talked to me and my friends for a while before & after the show (we had VIP tickets so we got to meet the bands in the VIP room after the show.)

Tony from Static X was playing w/ Minstry, got to hang out and talk to him too. Burton Bell from Fear Factory sang a set w/ Ministry too. He sang a bunch of old tracks w/ them.
    He sang NWO, Just one Fix, a few others and ZZtop/doors & rolling stone covers.

I got to meet Burton and hang out, got pictures w/ him, the Hemlock guys and SIN from Ministry (SIN was a total pimp, had like 6 girls on his arms, got pictures w/ him and he autographed my Cd too, he was a really nice guy).

Got some cool swag too. A sample Cd from Al's label (Minstry, Revolting cocks & what not) a card for free down loads, an autographed poster from all the guys from Minisitry, an Uncle Al for president bumper sticker, and a black funeral arm band for Minstitry because it's their last tour.

Al's doing the soundtrack for a horror moive coming out in October called Wicked Lake, the movie looks hardcore, a throwback to old 70's horror.

All the guys were just hanging out in the VIP room with the fans Except Al, there was a line up to meet him. Didn't get to meet AL, the line was huge and we had been hanging out w/ all the other guys for a while, we didn't leave till about 2:30am. Al looked like he was being really cool though, sitting and talking with everyone that waited in line for a few minutes each.

Messugah was the other band playing, didn't like their set too much & they didn't even come out after. No loss though anyway, it was a truly awesome night.

On a final note, we went shopping around before the show and I got a Revoltech Megatron for 25 bucks, I love it! Overall a totally kick ass night!

9. honestgabe

honestgabe I

I'm seeing Mission of Burma at the Bowery Ballroom where they'll be performing VS in its entirety, yus

10. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

i wanted to see both their shows (especially the signals, calls, and marches one) in boston but i won't be here in june. boos.

11. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Weird video, I agree.
    But Turisas is a pretty fitting opening act for Dragonforce:

Pretty decent battle metal.

-D

12. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Turisas rule, I saw them recently.

Excuse me for a second whilst I hijack and shamelessly promote my band's new song on myspace.

What do all you metalheads think?

13. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Actually reminds me alot of Nailbomb (save for the bridge), which is a good thing.

On a separate note, been finally picking up some new metal lately (I'd stagnated for way too long just listening to older shit and only picking up new Type O discs). Picked up Finntroll's Natfood, Amon Amarth's With Odin on Our Side, Wintersun's Wintersun, Soilwork's Sworn to a Great Divide, and Scar Symmetry's Pitch Black Progress. I've got to say, I'm digging them all. Anything other newer stuff you'd guys recommend?

14. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you like Amon Amarth and Fintroll, I highly recommend Moonsorrow.
    Also, if you are just getting With Odin On Our Side, you might have also missed Rotting Christ's Theogonia which was fucking epicly awesome.

-D

15. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Thanks for the suggestions. I've actually heard some Moonsorrow, might pick up a disc soon. And boy you don't know how much I've missed...just stopped looking for new music a number of years back.

16. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's a list of stuff I've "aquired" recently!

Ashes Divide
    Soilwork - sworn to a great divide
    Twelve Tribes -rebirth of tragedy & midwest pandemic
    Gojira - from mars to sirius
    Mastadon - leviathan, remission, blood mountain
    As I Lay Dying - frail words collapse, shadows are security
    Strife - anaermemis
    Ligaeia - your ghost is a gift
    Her Candane - No battle
    Benea Reach -alleviat, monument "somethin"
    Death follows daybreak - goodnight kiss us
    Skunk Anansie - all their shit
    Devil sold his soul - darkness prevails
    Unearth - the oncoming storm

Also, the New In Flames and 36 CRAZYFISTS are fucking amazing. Can't wait to see 36 on rockstar mayhem tour.

I'm a big fan of Will Haven, Taproot and Isis also.

Some good bands here in town worth checkin out: Scarless, The Ground Beneath, HATEengine, Victimas, Minusseven, Scarlett Ruse and of course, my band; Mechanism Of Eve :) 

17. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also, whoever said Pitchshifter! Awesome! No idea they were still alive!

AND I recently snagged a copy of Korns "unplugged" album from the radio station.
    EASILY, positively, without a doubt-the WORST record ever recorded!! Haha

I strongly recommend avoiding that one if you get a chance, unless you get if for free and want a good laugh.

18. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I heard how they butchered Freak on a Leash. A steaming pile of shit.

19. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Went to the Progressive Nation 2008 tour in LA on May 2nd. It was awesome. Saw 3, Between the Buried and Me, Opeth, and Dream Theater. Best concert I've ever been to. Awesome seats.

20. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    That's cool, Nailbomb were a pretty big influence on me...

Latest album I got is the Cavalera Conspiracy one, I like it quite a lot, feels kind of old-school refreshing inbetween all the crazy folk/battle metal and death stuff I've been listening to recently.