The Mega Construx Mega-Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by jestermon, Jul 23, 2010.

1. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, I know there is a thread for the actual mainline figures, but didn't find one for this.

I have never played the game, don't know anything about it, except there is an invading alien race I assume?

But tonight at Target I picked up this little guy called a set 2, doesn't have a name apparently he is fantastic, I found one at one Target then, found just one again at another Target.

He has ball jointed head,shoulders,hips. Knee joints, elbows, wrists it is insane for the size.

He has a ton of weapons a base and weapons storage if you plug the little modular u-clip thing in his back hole instead of the armory stand, I guess that it is made for that?

Not sure if he was on clearance, it was the only single packs I have seen, couldn't find a place on the shelf for them or anymore in the Halo section, but I got them for $4.99.

You have to go get these guys, he also brings me a wholesome Battle Beast random animal shoved into armor with crazy blades vibe from my childhood.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  2. MunseMan

MunseMan Chuck Testa

News Credits:
    I've gotten a few sets, they are pretty damn nice figures, and they vehicles look nice too

3. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

I've got a few of these guys - thought we had a thread a while back, but I can't find it now. It's USNC Spartan Marines and the Covenant xeno army, by the by.

The minifigs are pretty awesome, well-articulated for their size for the most part (the little alien mooks, not so much), and you usually get tons of gear for them - even moreso in the armory packs like the one you picked up, Jester (set 1 of that series is one of the gorilla-like alien goons with a bunch of xeno guns).

I have the two armory blister packs like we're talking about, as well as the Marine turret and the Covenant 'Ghost' hoverbike. Megablocks, unfortunately, tends to have QC and parts-fit issues - the gun barrels on the Marine turret are pretty flimsy and don't stay on real well; though the hoverbike is pretty solid.

Also considering trying to find the bigger blister pack with a handful more minifigures, and maybe one of the jeep sets, and scribbling down some skirmish rules _ do a lot of tabletop games, and Halo suits the small scale well.

4. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    Walmart has little single bagged blind figures for $2.50, pretty cool.

[​IMG]

5. Blurrz

Blurrz You're Breathtaking!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Hot Damn! Hayabusa Minifigs... this is definitely a must..

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    that is what i am saying sheesh

7. red4

red4 Banned

The Walmarts in my town NEVER carry anything interesting like this. In fact, most of their toy inventory is stagnant as FUCK! I can't blame them, since hardly anybody buys toys there.

8. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

I've actually gotten a couple figures: 3 Elites, 3 Grunts, a Brute, two normal Spartans, a regular Marine, two red Pyros, two red Marines, a Red spartan, a Ghost, and a Chopper.
    I'm not going to show the whole collection now :D , so instead:
    [​IMG]
    The squad from my comics. Brawn makes a pretty good Warthog, despite being a little out of scale.

9. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    what sections are those in? I might have to look for em. although my WMs have never even carried the normal sets so I have no faith in finding the blind figs

10. boxorak

I believe they're in the "buildable toys" section (the Lego aisle, usually).

11. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    damn I was hoping for a different area of the store I dont normally frequent.

12. boxorak

I feel the same way man....I sometimes look through the aisles and get annoyed due to all the shelfwarmers (the ones I don't like or already have).

13. Bashaa

Bashaa Well-Known Member

I found two sets at my local Wal-mart, one was the mongoose and the other was the warthog.

14. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

Are the blind packs purely various Spartans or is there a chance of getting the Grunts/Elites? If I put any money into these I'd just assume only get Spartans.

15. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Same here, I'm only really interested in the Spartans

16. boxorak

If there's a chance of getting Hunters, I'm interested.

17. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    i found a case of the single figs of these, and also looked for a thread here and found none, thx for starting one. i think i got two of everyone of them except the clear and olive masterchief looking version (sorry at this pt in time i dont and rly am not looking to know alot abt HALO) but the minifigs are pretty cool, i found them for $2.50 and got good with the blind feel but apparantly someone beat me to all the clear figs i wanted :/

18. red4

red4 Banned

All I really want is a Plasma Sword for my Elite, and some Needlers or Plasma Rifles for my Grunts.
    My Brute already has a Bruteshot.
    My Marine already has a SMG.
    My 3 Spartans have Shotguns and an Assault Rifle.

At the moment, my Elite is holding a Beam Rifle, but that thing sucks. The Elites never use Beam Rifles in any of the games. He'd look much more bad ass carrying a Plasma Sword.

19. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

The Mongoose is out? Cool, my Spartans could use a little more mobility. And as I try to keep things roughly balanced on sides, I think I can nab a Brute Chopper on clearance....

Tangential to that, poll time - there are three Warthogs out now, and I can probably lay hands on any one of them. Any thoughts on cool factor?
    - MG 'hog (green, w/Covenant heavy plasma turret)
    - Gauss 'hog (white, w/a differently-build Covenant Ghost)
    - Transport 'hog (red, w/extra Spartans, a Brute, and a light plasma turret)

20. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Well, I made the mistake of getting a few turrets for use in my comic. They came with 3 Spartans each. I got three turrets. I was outnumbered.

I caved.

[​IMG]

After 'requisitioning' reinforcements, they've set up temporarily on the floor until I clear a proper spot for a firebase. Given how chaotic my house can be (READ MY COMIC!) they've wisely decided on some hefty defenses. Seems the Covenant and UNSC have struck a truce, given how many big bad robots there are lurking about who want to squish them.

[​IMG]

Most of them are clustered around the Warthog... and spending too much time making cool dual wield poses.

[​IMG]

Those that aren't complete slackers are performing system checks and maintenance on the Hawk, making sure it's ready to fly at a moment's notice.

[​IMG]

The Elites, rather bemused by the amount of maintenance inferior human technology requires, spend their time making... uhhh... completely nonvital system adjustments to their Banshee. Which is ready to fly any time. And totally not flarged up the narthak, and they're just trying to cover by acting cool while they desperately try and get the piece of gronk working again.

[​IMG]

UNSC turrets are beefy and a pain to transport, but they set up fast and pack a punch, and can take a pounding.

[​IMG]

Covenant turrets are lighter and easier to transport, but not nearly as durable. We'll ah... let the grunt have that one.

Now I just need to get some suitable tents and such to finish out the little outpost.