The Mega Construx Mega-Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by jestermon, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I have all my eggs in a cardboard box and all my slime in a Tupperware bowl.

Anyone remember Mega casting the Spartan hip sub-assembly in red? I know they cast the one piece in blue recently but I can't recall it ever being any other color than black. Maybe green?

2. Wolfechylde Studios

Wolfechylde Studios Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the little T-shaped, double-ball joint piece that the legs attach to...

Maybe the red translucent figures in the ninja turtles line?!?! They did a few of the turtles in that style too, if I remember correctly.

[​IMG]

Oh, and the Red Elite ninja if you are looking for non translucent:

[​IMG]

3. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Next piece outward in the Spartan hip assembly. Almost always black then has the smaller colored piece filling in the rest of the assembly.

4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    The MotU Heroes wave is up again if anyone still needs to order. October ship.

Let's hope this is an indication of how the 20th set will be handled.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Armageist

Armageist Well-Known Member

megabloks-micro-action-figures-warrior-series-cnc84-18385.jpg megabloks-micro-action-figures-warrior-series-cnc84-18386.jpg

Mega - Micro Action Figures Warrior Series

• Like Like x 1
  6. Armageist

Armageist Well-Known Member

And now, highlights in stupidity of Mercari scum...

Screenshot_20210914-035955_Mercari.jpg Screenshot_20210914-035935_Mercari.jpg

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    still up too, surprised it's lasted a few hours this time

8. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Probably two things: one, it isn't an immediate ship; two the aftermarket value plummeted to less than a third of what the first listings were. Still over priced, but certainly not $400 plus shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I went ahead and threw down a 2nd order. That way in case one in the first order is damaged or the order doesn't ship I've got a back up, and also so I can have 2 of the silver Robotos so the clear one with the Landshark can be unique and be the real Roboto.

10. Rotty

Rotty Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, when Man-At-Arms locks up the Evil Warriors in a literal underground dungeon in the 200X "Council of Evil", there are exactly two Robotos with those opaque orange torsos guarding it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then that'll work out perfectly haha, I've been rewatching the 200X show, watched "The Power of Grayskull" last night so I might have missed that scene with the Robotos, but now I know I can have them be the dungeon guards for my Castle Grayskull.

12. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    ... ... or you warp the leg of a Man-E-Faces when you let it sit under the heat gun too long.

Not that I know anything about that.

I admit, now that folks seem to be able to more readily obtaining at least orders for them, I may be trying my luck with a few extra orders as well. I do like that orange Roboto as a troop builder. And the unique colors of other pieces can't hurt either. How many muscle bound bright pink torsos are we likely to get?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Speaking of troop builders, I'm honestly surprised there hasn't really been a more easily available Man-At-Arms (keeping in mind I came to the line a bit late and missed the heroes release at retail). He makes a good palace guard troop builder and that's part of why I'm disappointed the advent calendar got canceled. I've got the Heroes and Grayskull ones, but would like at least 1 more (I usually troop build in 3s)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wolfechylde Studios

Wolfechylde Studios Well-Known Member

Oh, you're talking about the actual upper legs. Probably very specific to the Spartan figures - due to the separate armor pieces.

Don't know much about Halo figures. I only pick up the odd marine for soldier-type dudes.

Surely, in the 17 million Spartans that have been released, there has got to be a figure with red upper legs.

I check ebay frequently for random cheap figures, so if I catch a Spartan with red legs (not red leg armor), I'll let you know.

15. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's a question for yall. Keeping in mind that some companies like brand synergy (I'm not sure where Mattel falls on this scale), what would yall think if they incorporated Sun-Man and the Rulers of the Sun into the Mega Construx MOTU stuff like they're doing in the Origins line? The 2 lines do seem to somewhat follow a similar trajectory to an extent.

• Like Like x 1
  16. soundwavempl

soundwavempl Toy Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I totally agree with you. I bought extra Man-At-Arms when wave 4 Heroes hit Five Below stores in my area. I then bought some COD figures that were compatible with the helmet to make some Eternia Guards.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice, wish I had known about the line back then haha, missed a lot of the earlier singles (I started with the wave that had battle armor Faker and Stinkor) but have managed to get all the sets except battle bones. considering trying to build one of the custom black battle bones though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Well, I actually mean the small black piece that slips over the "spine" of the t-post used in the hip assembly. The Spartan piece is typically black but using the reference material below:

Marine junk incoming:
    SmartSelect_20210914-123308_Chrome.jpg SmartSelect_20210914-123247_Chrome.jpg

Yep, I said it many times that we need troop builders with the small build kits, not HeMan recolors. Looking at you, Jet Sled.
    It seems likely that the Olmec figures will have some appearance in the line before it is over. Though I expect we'll see Clamp Champ before SunMan. Could be wrong though. But since Clamp Champ is Mattel and the SunMan roster is probably still held by some other party related to the original Olmec, it may require some additional paperwork to get them shrunken down to Mega scale.

Personally, I still want a Mega version of the WWEternia line but that's even less likely to happen now the the five inch figures have been done in by behind the scenes nonsense.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hadn't heard that the Masters of the WWE line was gone, not my thing but that's a shame to hear. Always sad when a neat line dies off, especially such an oddball crossover one.

20. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Just from what I read in the Origins thread, it sounds like typical business shenanigans. But, yeah, I have no interest in wrestling but the characters and using them in a MotU subseries was pretty awesome.

Everyone needs a Horde Macho Man-at-Arms.

I have a bunch of the Mighty Minis [sadly, they never got to Hulk Hogan or Randy Savage] that came out for the intent of converting them over to the Mega bodies but I had a slim hope that Mega/Mattel would do the work for me.

• Like Like x 2