The Mega Construx Mega-Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by jestermon, Jul 23, 2010.

1. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

I was getting this set mainly for Man-E-Faces and Trapjaw, but I notice for the first in your pictures that Trapjaw's robotic arm is red?? That doesn't look too good, imo...I thought the robot arm was black. I dunno how I missed when initially pre-ordering.

I went back to look at images on vintage Trapjaw and it looks like it was red. I never had the toy back then and for some reason always figured it was black. Oh well. o_O 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toy was black. Cartoon was red.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope this goes up for order somewhere else like BigBad. I hate that I missed this listing

• Like Like x 4
  4. BatLantern

BatLantern Well-Known Member

Will the MOTU 5 hit Wal-Mart as well?

5. Wolfechylde Studios

Wolfechylde Studios Well-Known Member

6. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:
    please tell me you're joking because this makes no goddamn sense???

• Like Like x 1
  7. Armageist

Armageist Well-Known Member

Hard to tell these days. Some stores may get them while some won't, if they get them at all. Only one Walmart near me received 1-2 boxes of the Prince Adam series, while I saw a couple Walmarts get Multiple Stinkor Series boxes.

Still haven't seen a single GoT set or Halo Series 14, and only saw 1 full set of Series 13 back in Nov-Dec while another near empty set at a diff Walmart 1-2 months ago.

Mega is absolute shit when it comes to consistent distribution.

Maybe it's Mattel in general too. One of my local Ralphs (Krogers) was the bermuda triangle for a specific quartet of Hot Wheels.

20210720_220806.jpg 20210720_220757.jpg

I've only seen one of those black n red GTR's at a Target (out of 4) as well as Walmart(out of 3) and it was stolen (card backing was still there).

And no I didn't buy all of those. Wanted to show the absurdity of it. There were even more, too.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank god. I saw that basket and was WTF. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What the fuck?! Amazon tells me my order is delayed and won't be available for a while. I took that to mean that Mattel delayed release and I came here to post about it and find out people have been getting their orders, from Amazon no less, but mine has to wait.

So I guess that means they didn't get enough to fill all their pre-orders and now they're waiting for more. Fuck Mattel! I'm so sick of the way that collecting these figures is always a hunt. Just gotta keep looking and hope you get lucky.

Screenshot_20210725-084953.png

I put in that I still want it so hopefully I'll actually get it eventually and they don't just cancel on me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

I just checked and I got the same deal. This is why I only trust the actual online toy retailers; they seem to be the only ones that actually limit their preorders to what they expect to get in. If they get shorted by the manufacturer they usually don't just cancel your order, knowing full well more stock is due in.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    My Amazon order is still showing as arriving Wednesday for the MotU sets. Supposedly part of of my Halo order is arriving today. But that seems unlikely.

Deep Discount says my CoD three pack shipped today.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Armageist

Mine says tomorrow but I won't believe it until it's at the door

. Screenshot_20210725-125759_Gallery.jpg

Everyone on reddit and some on twitter have been getting in their Choppers so I wouldn't be surprised if mine's delayed again due to insufficient stock.

14. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Surprisingly, my set arrived today. That blows for those that got shafted.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    The real problem that you'll find with Amazon will be, in a few days to a week or so, all the "fulfilled by Amazon orders sold by scalpers".

16. Evac

Evac decepticons era

News Credits:
    was blinded when I opened the box.

minus tri klops (dont care much for his comic version), everyone looks bad ass

IMG_2345.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Armageist

I do have to give credit to MEGA for finally creating a distributable box with just the single series of figures in it. I would think this encourages people to purchase from online retailers where they don't have to order an entire retail series box and the online stores don't have extra dead weight figures collecting dust from them ordering retail boxes and selling them as singles.

I wonder if this hurts MEGA's bottomline though, and whether or not it'll make it harder to army build as they produce less figures overall since they're noy coming 31 per box.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wolfechylde Studios

Wolfechylde Studios Well-Known Member

I rest my case.

Still... sorry that I confused you, little one.

19. Armageist

Did you watch it? I haven't, but you're aware of the shitstorm around the "Teela show", right? I'd also say killing several characters definitely lends weight to something that had none in the 80's, whether it's a good idea or done right or not.

I wouldn't call that a cashgrab with the direction they're going. And MOTU literally started as a cashgrab to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I suggest watching it all in one sitting. It is roughly two hours from start to finish. And I still suggest looking at it as a five years down the road continuation of the 2002 series rather than the eighties'.

It isn't a perfect telling of the story it is trying to present but it's not nearly the abomination to the franchise that more vocal folks suggest.

As for the packaging of this newest MotU Heroes series, the latest Halo Heroes series still was shipped to stores in the 21 card case. I don't know if the ones I receive from Amazon will be tossed in a box or packaged like the MotU set yet but I suppose it will help answer a question regarding the MotU set. It is very possible that Mega/Mattel is boxing the set of five this way specifically for online retailers to avoid them being stuck with a bunch of unwanted Tri-Klops [and Master Chief] figures six months from now.

That said, if this is a format they are adopting for retail in general, I suspect it would be better for Mega to go back to the five figure carded battle pack than five individually carded, then boxed figures.

And, yes, since the price per figure didn't really go up with this latest wave, the cost for the extra packaging had to cut into someone's profits. Although this may've been balanced by the absence of the colorful box art found on the typical Heroes cases.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 4