The Mega Construx Mega-Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by jestermon, Jul 23, 2010.

1. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They did get the section worked back into every WM in my area at least for this one reset and it was restocked several times selling through before clearance.

I think this next batch of MOTU won't hit retail.

The one store I saw the queen at was on the Lego isle maybe they are trying to get back in the building toy section, more likely some worker just printed the tag and stuck it there though

2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Interesting. In the six WalMarts I stopped at today, two stores had empty places next to the Lanard stuff for alien eggs. One of those had Pokeballs with the rest of their Pokemon stuff. A third store had the old eggs on the shelf just kind of hanging out. There also two of the queen sets. The fourth actually had the new alien eggs on the shelf and the Queen sets. These were also in the Lanard Alien area. The last two had no mention of Mega stuff whatsoever. All of which have gone through a reset.

None of them had the Roton nor a place for it. I even checked near the place for the MotU Origins line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. soundwavempl

soundwavempl Toy Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just saw the PowerCon Mega Construx panel. Lots of great stuff. The Battle Ram set is awesome! They also confirmed a Skeletor with flocked Panthor carded 2 pack, and the Skeletor heads sets shown on the Mega Construx social media pages. What was really cool was we got to see prototypes for Ninjor, Webstor, Man-E-Faces, Ram Man, Buzz Off, Clawful, and Whiplash. Very cool.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Good, let's just hope they get it all to retail. And none of it winds up being a hard to obtain exclusive.

What did Ram-Man look like?

• Like Like x 3
  5. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:
    I thought the panel was... fine? I was kinda 'eh' on the small amount of reveals, because I want more stuff like the Roton and Battle Ram, but I guess there are like, 4 other MCX lines to share shelf space with.

I want to get the Point Dread set so another Panthor I'm not too crazy about. I wasn't thrilled about those Skeletor Head sets, but I'm slowly coming around on them; I think it's a cool idea to get some of those smaller playset things out there, though one of them coming with ANOTHER He-Man has definitely made me hit my saturation point with the re-uses.

Like a normal MCX figure! No gimmick!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  6. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Went by Walmart and found a few figures in the Clearance section.
    Picked up Evil Lyn, two Stratos, Mossman, and Dutch for $1 each.
    Went by Target and found 2 Iron Thrones and 2 Drogons in the clearance section and went home with a Drogon for $20.

Saw these three online. I hope the big heads aren't adding to the cost too much. I seem to remember some Halo figures that came with big heads. Never saw the appeal.

Screenshot_20200808-115021.png Screenshot_20200808-115012.png Screenshot_20200808-115004.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. BlackHawkOmega

News Credits:
    They said those were 9.99 each, so not too bad. Also I think it's the one w/ Fisto that can glow in the dark.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh that's not too bad. I could always give the heads to my kids like I did the Breakout Beast eggs.

I like Trapjaw, maybe Fisto.

9. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Joy, another HeMan. Green Trapjaw isn't terrible because it's a significant change for the character but blue armor is a bit of a stretch. This skull set would be a good place for Wun-Dar. Or Laser HeMan or Power Punch HeMan. Or a troop builder since the vehicle is a good little set for fleet building. Especially for ten bucks.

I do like that one of the first images I could find of the original toy was accompanied by this caption:
    SmartSelect_20200808-201232_Chrome.jpg
    Unfortunate that they didn't go for more accurate armor.
    01-10.jpg
    Glad to hear RamMan is gimmick free.

From a video on youtube:
    20200808_200612.jpg
    20200808_200628.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  10. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    200X Evil-Lyn?
    Also, these heads are definitely better than the Halo helmets, as those had mini-builds that the included figures could do nothing with.

11. BlackHawkOmega

News Credits:
    I guess it's supposed to be like MOTU Origins, where they want to keep He-Man and Skeletor out there on a regular basis? And I read that the blue armor is supposed to be "Jet Sled Armor"? Was that... ever a thing?

They did show that they still want to release the mini-comics Prince Adam from the canceled Sky Sled; that would have been a nice way to bring it back.

12. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've been told it's an "homage". I still call it a lazy repaint.

I use the mini sets as drones. Or just RC toys.

Updated my post with images of the original toy.
    vintage-masters-universe-jet-sled-man_1_231b7b91b600437c77ba2d3cfc75348d.jpg

And it could be used as a backpack too, it seems. But, yeah, the armor should be a new two piece assembly like the Halo armor... or the original MotU armor.

13. BlackHawkOmega

News Credits:
    Oh wow, I didn't actually expect armor haha

14. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    At least they didn't go for the stilt stalker.

43615798521_35608670a6_b.jpg

Stilt stalker, for when you need to be taller.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

The original Jet sled came with that blue armor and was available in a set with He-Man so they are staying faithful to that. I agree though that we don't need so many variations of him. We also don't really need another Fisto so soon (with the Cliff Climber set). Not sure what is different about this one. I like the green mini-comic Trap Jaw with the significantly improved turret gun for Castle Grayskull. I often gripe about so many variants (especially He-Man and Skeletor) but I have grown to like the mini-comic variants more than I expected I would.

Saw the prototype figures posted in the facebook MC MotU group. Hordak was shown, but none of his Horde. Thought Ram Man should have at least been shorter even without the gimmick.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The 2 pack of He-Man and Beast Man was $2.50 at a Walmart by me.

17. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I don't mind significant variations of HeMan and Skeletor like the comic versions but Skeletor with unpainted feet or HeMan now with more yellow hair is a bit much. At least give them a new head sculpt, a shouting face, a smile something.

As I said, Power Punch, Terror Claws, Dragon Blast, Flying Fists... there are better options to keep HeMan and Skeletor available.

And, again, the proof of collector fatigue is in the HeMan/Beastman set being $2.50 at discounted retail.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I understand the desire to keep the characters in constant rotation, cuz not doing that helped kill the original he man line

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I found a full box of 6 of the series 2 Alien eggs at Walmart today. I got three, but somehow managed to put back one of the wrong eggs after identifying the codes. I might have to go back tomorrow and try to get the one I'm missing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Ironically, a shelf full of unwanted HeMan two and five packs may kill this line.