The Matrix is such an awesome movie...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by McBradders, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I just never quite got that. The One has the ability to fuck around in The Matrix, which is useful in the real world... er... Shouldn't the leaders have Zion been really pissed off that Morpheus and his pals were wasting precious resources so they can play a video game?

2. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, normally, but this seemed worse.

3. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

I could be wrong (haven't seen the second or third film in ages) but I think the idea was that certain things in the real world used by the machines (such as power plants, computer cores, programs) had a counterpart in the matrix. So you could hack the machine city and infrastructure to a degree by being inside the matrix. But I agree that the sequels really don't explore this idea well at all.

I REALLY like Scanatron's idea of having the Sentinel/Human battle take place inside the Matrix between the humans and the Sentinel Avatars. It would have been a far cooler use of the above idea, and kept the climactic battle inside the Cool Kung Fu Gunplay World, as opposed to the Wooly Jumper Dull Real World.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

B-but they had r-robots :( 

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Enjoyed the first one. The second one was only good for the increasingly over the top fights, but even they lacked because they looked so artificial (yes, the Matrix is artificial, but yunno).

Definitely would've liked the end Sentinel fight being brought into the Matrix. Superhuman kung-fu kickery against tentacley robots? Nice.
    Swap them around so it's Hugo Weaving waking at his desk and then getting yelled at by boss Keanu Reeves. And then as Reeves storms off Hugo looks up to see 'Wake Up' was on his computer screen.

6. Optimus Sledge

And then there's a whiteout effect, Scott Bakula is in Weaving's place. He looks at the screen, then turns to camera and says "Oh boy."

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think there's probably an endless array of better endings for the Matrix films than what was really had.

Like we could've discovered Trinity was called so because there were actually three of her. And Neo had been unfortunately boffing the one with the suspicious basement itch.
    At the very least it would explain why her character changed so often.

8. Optimus Sledge

Actually, I always wanted to end Star Trek: Enterprise with the Quantum Leap ending. It would have lead into a new series of Quantum Leap, thus improving Enterprise by ending it, and Quantum Leap by GIVING IT A PROPER FUCKING ENDING THIS TIME!!!

Oh yeah, The Matrix. Hell, do a crossover with Commando: Matrix vs. The Matrix.
    "It is you that is afraid of him, Mr Bennett."
    "Of course. I'm smart. But I have an edge: I know kung fu."

9. mentat_emre

mentat_emre Well-Known Member

I like the sequels of the matrix actually. Because of the Dune references i guess.