The Masterpiece Beast Wars Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sam, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    So this seems a natural divergent thread to the original speculation thread. It has been rumoured that, following on from the announcement of Masterpiece Optimus Primal, the following Beast Wars characters will also be getting the Masterpiece treatment:

1) MP Megatron
    2) MP Cheetor
    3) MP RatTrap

These will apparently all fall under a Masterpiece Beast Wars sub-line of some sorts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for some speculating! I believe someone mentioned in another thread that, based on the above render, it would appear Optimus Primal will only have the same hand articulation as the MP carbots. We can deduce from that that perhaps he will be around the same size as them.

It would make sense to set a scale already, just like Hasui did with MP-10 and, in particular, MP-12.

I think it can be universally agreed upon that the MP line contains the ultimate rendition of G1 characters. Any instance where there are apparent shortcomings is usually related to the size/price - a compromise for creating an expanded line-up of characters.

So basically it seems the BW MP line is really kicking off in high fashion. Speculate away, folks!

2. timcrook

timcrook Well-Known Member

I'm guessing for MP Optimus Primal, a price of $90 usd at bbts.

3. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I guess that seems realistic enough, I wonder what kind of price in YEN we're talking of then. This is supposedly a summer release so I imagine pre-orders can't be too far off.

How about accessories for Optimus Primal?

4. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

I think it's a pretty safe bet that we'll get his swords, and a gun (Did Optimus Primal have a non-integrated gun?), but that's all I can think of. Maybe an alternate face with a faceplate?

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I would love to see the cyberbee from Gorilla Warfare with Primal.

6. Warpshard

I imagine that we're probably going to get the entire cast (Considering how big the G1 Cast is, it's very possible with Beast Wars' much smaller cast), so it'd probably be included with Scorponok.

7. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    So we are down a separate thread now? OK fine, fingers crossed it's not premature.

Seeing as all we have is rumours and I've done just about all my speculating on those rumours elsewhere I'll just say, if Megatron, Cheetor and Rattrap are planned I doubt we'll see more than one of them before the we year is out and I expect that one to be Megatron if any at all. I'd love to be proved wrong of course.

As for Primal accessories, aside from the obvious weaponry. An extra face or two or three, don't forget we have two faces to swap out here! One with a faceplate for sure and maybe an angry one, especially if another accessory is the cyberbee. Also one those blast shields ue used once or twice might be nice

8. Noobimus Prime

Noobimus Prime Well-Known Member

It's really disappointing we had to make a seperate thread for this. It's a shame people have to be such children.

Anyway I'm looking forward to all of this. Im curious to see if they'll eventually do the transmetals or if we're just getting regular beasts

I know a lot of people want to see a carbot size Primal but I really hope they make him MP 10 scale. Maybe iron hide scale at minimum. Car bot size just Seems too small to me

• Like Like x 1
  9. SuperGiantThing

SuperGiantThing Artist When I Feel Like It TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How freaking sad. I love transformers because of beast wars. Beast wars helped bring life into the franchise! I really thought things would be mostly postive in terms of the rumors.anyways, Im happy im getting some beast wars love soon! Can't wait!

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I'm rather disappointed this threat was made. I really think we should've just forced people to get along with each other. Plus, I was hoping to laugh in someone's face about the recent rumors and now they're being forced away from them... Yes I know that goes against my getting along thing but I've been waiting an eternity for this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Warpshard

Optimus wasn't very big. Rhinox was much bigger, and Dinobot towered over Primal. If we want to have an affordable, in-scale Dinobot or Rhinox in the future, then we just need to accept possibly getting a Car-bot sized Primal.

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm betting that should Blackarachnia be made for the MP line she could end up being the same size as Bumblebee or just a tad taller. Same goes for Airrazor too.

13. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    Seems Munkey just isn't allowed to get along with Trukk afterall. Hmmm.

There are only a few Characters from BWs I'd be interested in as MPs despite being a fan. I'm pretty happy (still) with my TT Primal re-release and my almost 20 year old Hasbro original so it wasn't like I feel He was a must.

But it's happening so ill rob ably get one. And a Megatron just because. But I'd be down more for a Dinobot MP than Cheetor in the first instance - that's a guy in dire need of a good update and MP size for DB wouldn't put him totally out of line with using Him with Generations Rhinox and Ratrap.

Anyway.......lets watch.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was really hoping for some intercompatibility between the Generations and MP Beast Wars figures. The rattrap news makes this less likely. Really Hoping the Beast wars figures arent massive scale wise. Really like the sweet spot of Voyager sized figures or smaller.

Also, boo on no other predacons. Where is a new Terrorsaur or Tarantulas?

15. Noobimus Prime

Noobimus Prime Well-Known Member

You're right I forgot Rhinox and Dinobot were taller than Primal.

16. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

I think a separate thread makes sense because Beast Wars is getting its own Masterpiece numbering system.

17. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Rubber ducky or GTFO, TT.

• Like Like x 1
  18. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    No duck no buy, seriously. Can you tweet TT about this :lol 

No one mentioned tooth brush?

19. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    So , new line , new numbering , should come out to equal an all new scale . I'm really hoping the monkey isn't equally as tall as MP-10. If they ever got around to rhinox , he'd be the size of Magnus !

20. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Primal being roughly the size of a carbot is perfect ground for him. Plenty of room on the scale chart there going up and down in height. The smallest characters in the series (Rattrap, Quickstrike, Black Arachnia and Scorponok) would probably be around MP Bumblebee's size in comparison.

I am torn as to what version of the characters I'd like these to turn out being.

The season 1 designs really make it the "Beast Wars" having them transform in to lifelike (90s CGI style) animals. And having them in these forms would keep it nice and uniformed.

But part of me really hopes Megatron, Cheetor and Rattrap turn out to be Transmetals, they would probably be a lot more practical to build without having to achieve organic looking beast modes and it means later releases have a better chance of mixing in with them. Like Transmetal Rattrap doesn't look out of place next to Silverbolt or Rhinox if they where ever to be made. Same with Transmetal Megatron being next to Waspinator and Quickstrike.

Primal seems to set the tone though so I'm sort of expecting season one bodies. Either way I am extremely happy about how serious TT are taking Best Wars sweet 16th.