The Masterpiece Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Dista

Dista Old Skool Crackhead

He really is the tits, isn't he?

2. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
  3. FatherDeth

FatherDeth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Smokescreen. This is the second one I had to order because the first one supposedly was delivered, but was never at my house. If this one shows up, it will be a gLoRiOuS weekend!!!!

4. blanco

blanco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP11S & MP12T - yay or nay?

Only collected MPs of characters I know and love but I am addicted to MPs and may have talked myself into an "exclusive detolf shelf." If so, considering these guys. Suggestions?

5. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    12T definitely, it just looks badass in yellow.

11S I passed on, I have all 6 of the iGear molds, MP-06 and 07, Hasbro's SW, TC, and AS. As much as I love the mold I just don't feel compelled to pick up every single repaint they do - especially when I don't care much for Sunstorm in the first place. If Hasbro releases a Starscream I might grab it just because, but I didn't bother getting the rest of iGear's rainmakers or MP-11, and I can live without 11S.

6. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

Where are you planning on getting MP-12T from?

7. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I have the first issue of MP11S. I'd say get it. Once you have it in hand....you'll see why.

8. blanco

blanco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was too wishy washy when tfsource had them. I'm looking at toy arena and a couple of the other places board members have talked about, just haven't personally used.

9. Spiderbite

Spiderbite Well-Known Member

I'm actually expecting a Tigertrack I got from eBay today. I got it for $75 shipped. The seller is in US and pretty reputable (they've been on eBay for 15 years with only 2 negative reviews); and the listing had it listed as legit. but the price is making me just a bit anxious...

10. Optimus Bruce

Optimus Bruce Human Germ

Get them both.

The colours in pics don't do them justice, and they each are my favourite uses of their respective molds so far.

[​IMG]

A few non fans have commented when seeing my collection that 11S or 12T are the ones they like the best as they "stand out the most"

Beautiful pieces.

11. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

First question... I've never pushed the head panel far enough to go past the stop, but I've heard a of a few that have, and they've just pushed it back through. Although, it sounds like it was quite hard to do. I'm sure somebody else could give you a little more info, sorry.

Second question... As far as I know, no 3rd party has made missiles for MP-10. But I use the missiles that came with the 25th (I think) anniversary reissue of G1 Prime (the one that came packaged with the first issue of the comic book) and those missiles work just fine. So I would assume that any reissue or even the original G1 Prime would work.

Hope this helps you out a little bit!

-bullet

12. blanco

blanco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Need my MP fix.

Ordering both tonight!

My sentiments exactly.

Thanks everyone. I like to get that extra push when making bigger purchases. :D 

13. Dista

Dista Old Skool Crackhead

Thank you, sir!

I'm just wary of how much pressure to apply on Smokescreen, as it seems like it's going to need a lot, yet it also feels a wee bit fragile.

Surprising that no 3rd party went for making the missiles (also more surprised that they didn't include them) but I'll see if I can find some old-school ones.

Thanks for your help!

*Loving* MP-10 though. Really does surpass MP-01 in so many ways.

14. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

15. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

No problem! You might want to wait until somebody else chimes in on the Smokescreen head problem though. I'd hate for you to follow my advice and be part of the reason you broke it! Might want to go through some of the earlier posts in the review threads for MP-17,18,19.

Hope you can find a solution.

-bullet

16. Rork

Rork Fruitloop Multipuck

I found with both Smokescreen and Prowl that you've got to push the head past the two tabs so they sit on top. It's nerve-wracking and makes quite a noise, but unless you do that I don't find the rest of their bodies go together particularly well.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon Snowflake Melter

News Credits:
    Oh my god man... STOP DOING THAT IMMEDIATELY! That is NOT at all what you're supposed to do... EVER. Those tabs are there and make a noise for a reason = because that's where you're supposed to stop pushing the heads.

18. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

They do look good, especially the orangey yellow on Sunstorm. They don't fit in my collection but looking at them does get me pumped for having Bumblebee join his buds on the shelf before the end of the year. He's really going to stand out against the red, white, and blue of the other Autobots.

19. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

I just got my TT MP-10. Definitely a lot of mixed feelings. Right from taking the MP box out of the bubble wrap, his box has a pretty decent dent in one of the sides. And I know they make you pay extra for a perfect box, but like hell I'm going to spend more than they already charge this guy. Plus the "Perfect New Model" shiny sticker is... Well, they put both ends on at once and a little too close, causing the middle to bubble out.

Anyway, now that I have Prime in hand, I realize that they painted over every spot you see in truck mode. It looks nice, but I have to ask... For a $300 figure, why didn't they paint the thighs? Even the KO that's coming out has silver thighs and it looks so much better. Honestly, that's my biggest gripe, the box, unpainted headlights, unpainted interior sections of the trailer, and dead eyes are nothing compared to the unpainted thighs.

That said... Time to fiddle with this guy.

20. infinite_virtue

infinite_virtue Well-Known Member

^this.
    When I first got Prowl and Streak and transformed one of them for the first time I thought that if you didn't push them past those tabs then their head would sit too low but that is not the case at all. The fact that it is so hard to push them past the tabs is probably an indication that they should not go past those tabs (which I totally ignored the first time). Flipping the head past the tabs is easy but trying transform back to robot mode I thought I was going to break it. It was definitely scary but with care I got it corrected. So personally I agree with Incepticon here that you probably should not push them past those tabs.