The Masterpiece Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Oct 1, 2012.

1. unicron nemesis

unicron nemesis Collector + Photographer

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 30
  2. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    PicsArt_01-23-04.08.14.jpg

Arise....Rodimus Prime....

• Like Like x 28
  3. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

Yum! This is a great shot! I just recently sold of my MP13s and MP29s. Im keeping MP36 and MP44 (both modes) only. If and when they ever redo Starscream and Soundwave I"ll probably jump back in.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Excellent choices for your first two MPs! Easily my two favourite Decepticon releases so far :thumb 
    Loving them so far?

Oh wow you've sold Soundwave and Shockwave!? Are you going to get 29+, or are you just leaving him out of your collection altogether? Always loved your gorgeous display man, but even having only 44 and 36 is epic enough, and that's a beautiful fact.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    Love them so far. Quick question though for preordering the MP line of toys, How likely will AMZN JP get more pre orders up for 44, 41, 43? What place would you recommend I check for MP 41 and 43?

In fact, to usually get the best prices on MP what websites do you guys recommend? MP TF is my primary line that I collect.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

I plan on getting MP29+ if they redo MP13 and MP11. Currently MP36 is my favorite, that might change with MP44, but I will say MP29 is a very close second. I know he looks simple and the plastic is cheapening, but there is something special about him. I can't place it. I think it's the angular lines from his sculpt? The head? Maybe it's all of that put together? Either way I find myself smiling when I"m gazing or handling him.

The reason for the sell off was to make room for some of my Hot Toys stuff. I'm still contemplating a second case. I'd like to add some of my Robotech stuff as well.

Thank you for the kind words.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    51C46B2B-82D3-4201-92A0-0CA124FFF9B0.jpeg

• Like Like x 31
  8. Celaeno

Celaeno Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Megatron, leader of the Decepticons?
    [​IMG]
    He thinks not, much to the distress of his lilac counterpart.
    [​IMG]
    Still one loyal Shockwave on Megatron's side.

• Like Like x 21
  9. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    If you're in the US you can't go wrong with Amazon Japan, as long as the MP is available to ship outside Japan.

I'd recommend waiting for a Takara reissue of MP-41 (the one coming out soon is only Hasbro Asia, so not available through cheaper Japanese shops), if you want the best price. It's what I'm planning.

Yeah I think MP-29 is something really special, all of it works together really damn well. Shoulda brought him with me on this trip as well!

I guess the good thing about MPs (especially the main characters) is there will always be reissues for you to pick up at a later time. And maybe 29+ will go on sale at some point too.

Would you be interested in an MP-13+, or do you want am entirely new Soundwave outright?

I predict you won't be waiting too long to add a new Starscream to the collection. MP-11 is based on how MP-3 was supposed to look (using many of the same parts), and that is the second oldest MP mould, having come out in 2006. Articulation, animation accuracy and accessories could all be improved upon with a new release.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    How much was MP 41 before? 250? I can part with 250 for a MP Dinobot....well wait... are Reissues improved upon? Just got really lucky and got a MP 44 preordered on AJ. Well still be checking for 43 every day as well. For 29+ I decided i'll just go with Quake Blast and $150 cheaper. Closest to his ALT(comic) look for me, which I am a big fan of next to the G1 Cartoon Mp29. I have MP 32 preorder on BBTS is that a reissue? I have mp 34 preordered on AJ is that a reissue as well?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  11. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I'll answer your questions all in this thread:

Like I said elsewhere, reissues are usually improved upon, but not always. Looks like the Cheetor reissue will be. In any case, you're ordering from Amazon Japan so you're totally covered if there are any QC issues.

No one knows for sure when a Dinobot reissue will come. Optimus Primal is only getting a reissue now, 2.5 years after initial release. Cheetor is getting his just over 2 years after his first release too. It might not take that long for Dinobot, since unlike Cheetor and Primal he might not get a repaint anytime soon. If you really don't want to wait for the reissue then buy one sooner rather than later, the prices of these sold-out MPs just continues to climb and climb.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

I would definitely want a new sculpt. Although the original one was fine I think it's time for an update. I want him to match MP36,MP29+ and the upcoming MP11 (we all know he's coming). I want that premium look and feel all the others exude. We know they are working on it. They need to put out more Decepticons. What about yourself?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    Is a new soundwave really in the works? I thought MP Soundwave was pretty accurate? May hold off on picking him up if true.

14. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Just speculation, that's all. (I do expect MP-13+ to be released at one point, maybe when we get a Blaster.)

15. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I've never been crazy on MP-13 as a figure, but I know many people swear by him as their favourite MP. The main reason I think he won't get a new version is because they'd have to do something truly special with the cassettrons to improve them, and I'm just not sure that that's going to happen at that size. Cassettes the same size that could expand into bigger robot modes for Frumble, and beast mode for Ravage, would be pretty great.

I'm down for a new Soundwave, but I'd be fine with MP-13+ too. If we got a new Starscream in 2020 and 13+ at the end of 2019 I'd be pretty thrilled.

Definitely only speculation at this point re. a new Soundwave. A new Starscream, on the other hand, well that's inevitable. Not if, just when.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Mabus

Mabus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wish they'd just concentrate on making new MP's instead of rehashing what we already have with repaints. At this rate we'll complete Season One G1 by 2100. Like Christ already Hound is taking forever to arrive and from the past few years it's obvious we're going to be getting more repaints/retools than actual new figures. Bet you Diaclone Ironhide and Astro Magnum will be the next announcements.

I restricted my 3P MP's to FansToys Dinobots, however I think I'm going to have to start dipping in for other characters now. Screw wasting time waiting for TakaraSlowShit.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    C7A4D84F-B8DD-43D5-ACFE-02449C16D9C7.jpeg

• Like Like x 28
  18. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is still the best. The wannabe has nothing on him.

• Like Like x 26
  19. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

Totally agree. Something just looks totally off about hoodlum...his face looks odd and his arms look too stocky. I will say that his thigh region is Betteā€™s sculpted that mp28, but that is about it.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

Glad you're on board and not a fansboy with his head in the sand. I will say I think the other option is good looking but some of the lack of articulation is unforgivable in my humble opinion.
    I hope all is well with you and it's great having you on the boards more regular lately .

• Like Like x 2