The Masterpiece Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

So, I bought MP10B on Monday...should be here by the end of the month.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    buy it.

3. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's missing a NY Giants logo? And some Energon cubes!

4. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Yes, but take your time. I got mine for $235 when they were selling on ebay for $300+. I looked around and waited for the right opportunity.

5. Zaibach

Zaibach Autobot

News Credits:
    I say if you really want it then buy it. I would say the price is only going to go up from here.

6. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've finally given up on owning MP-11 unless he gets a Hasbro release. I got the mp03 and while I really thought my mp03 skywarp looked stupid, I actually really like my mp03 screamer.

I've decided that its cool that scream is different than my other seekers. I know technically it's wrong, but I hope to eventually have my seeker display be mp03 Starscream and mp-11 Sunstorm, acid storm, Thundercracker and a custom mp11 skywarp (have an extra Thundercracker I'm waiting to commission into warp). I think that will look cool, having screamer stand out amidst all the other mp11 seekers.

7. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

love masterpiece megatron. he gets a bad rap. to me, its great mix of the g1 toon and toy.

[​IMG]

Hasbro starscream? Id buy it. id keep all the other igears, but Id replace screamer.

8. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

I posted this in the Need MP-10 Advice thread, but we haven't had a Grimlock picture over here in a while...

[​IMG]

9. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

I did as well. I've pretty much given up on him for the time being.

10. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Had no idea he's over 300 on ebay now.

11. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never know Grimlock look so fiercesome in Dino mode,nice pic.

12. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    So I finally got MP-12 today... and of course, the paint was lacking. I've seen worse examples, and I was expecting it, but it's still disheartening. If the clear plastic is so hard to paint properly, just use a solid colored piece. :banghead:  It's not like there's any interior to look at.

Also got my insurance cassettes in... so very tempted top open them... [​IMG]

13. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly when it comes to clear windows, I wish they'd make them separate pieces that screw into the opaque plastic frame that forms the car roof. Sure it's a few extra parts, but the benefit is great. Clear plastic just doesn't take colour as well as opaque stuff.

14. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    But... but... Sideswipe's piledrivers almost broke the budget! [​IMG]

Honestly though, that's probably the best approach from a quality standpoint. It's just too bad quality isn't the primary goal here...

Yep, took me all of 15 minutes to cave. [​IMG] And I don't think there's a chrome application that isn't chipped or worn. Buzzsaw's orange is also chipped and blotchy. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

I wasn't going to ask BBTS for a replacement Sideswipe, both because I doubt they have one to replace it with, and the odds of the replacement being worse are pretty good. But I think I'm sending both cassette packs back while they still have stock to replace with. Were there widespread QC issues with the cassettes?

15. darkunor

darkunor Banned

Anyway, completely off topic, look what I found:

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12T Tigertrack Comparison Image

Now I know I said I couldn't give two hoots about non-show repaints but this guy is looking better everyday, what I like most about him is the rocket launcher, it looks good! I still won't buy it, but he looks good, what do you guys think?

16. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

MP-12T definitely looks great. The yellow chest does a nice light reflection to make the face visible. I do love the MP-12 mold. I'd like to get another mold figure, but I gotta keep my collection concise... sorry Red Alert and Tigertrack.

I will live vicariously thru photos only...

:cry 

17. Jindrak

Jindrak Smart Primitive

RE: several replies

I too have given up on MP-11 for now. I guess I could save up and buy him but the money spent would not sit well with me, since it could be enough to buy something like MP-10B or MP-11S. Also, if it was re-issued, I would jump off of a spacebridge.

My MP-12 had some paint issues with the red paint covering the black plastic not being opaque enough. This made certain panels look VERY dark red and it contrasted with the rest of the bright red. I display him in bot mode only, but would like the option of going with the alt and not having it look odd. C'est la vie.

My MP cassettes were flawless. I ordered them both ~2 months ago and they were in my POL for another month before shipping. I don't know if this meant they were a later production runs or what, but the only issues were paint sloppiness inside of Buzzsaw but these are only visible during transformation, and the tiniest bit of yellow bleed on his beak. The notorious chest circuits on FrenzyRumble were pristine. Sorry to hear your turned out poor.

18. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Thanks. Yeah, he's pretty awesome. I like to imagine that pic was taken from the perspective of an unfortunate Sharkticon.

19. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Picked up some Energon Cubes.

[​IMG]

20. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Yep. He's been that wait for months now. I passed up a $160 shipped auction back in December thinking that I could find him in Feb, but that didn't happen. I wish that Takara would do a re-release of him so I'd have a chance at getting him for a reasonable price. I found one seller that would ship him for about $238, but it might have taken up to 3 months to get here and it would have no box.