The Masterpiece Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Retrograde

Retrograde Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That last one is wicked, Rich :lol 

All the best
    Maz

3. Retrograde

Retrograde Well-Known Member

Cheers mate :) 

I just can't put this guy down. He's a joy to pose.

4. Weird Alex

Weird Alex Kaon Gladiator

You guys are REALLY making it hard for me to pass on Exhaust, although honestly I probably couldn't find any for a good price.

5. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

Man, the MP line has really gone to shit. Terrible paint apps on my star saber that have red splotches on white areas. The Saber can't twist his arms because they're glued at the swivel, and star sabers arms can't support their own weight.

I just opened up Exhaust and the car is barely held together, can't roll, and the whidshielf simply will not tsb into the hood. And this is literally me picking him up out of the packaging.

6. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    you need to return those asap - no excuses. where did you buy from?

7. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    is there a good place to buy replacement parts for the masterpiece seekers? I don't want to pay eBay prices, so I am hoping there is some space that's going to be cheaper.

8. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    What parts? You can get new hands off shapeways.

9. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

Anime Export. I tried fiddling with Exhaust to see if I could get him to stay together and still roll, no luck. In addition to that, I had to wash my hands after touching him. For some reason he's sticky... And not just on painted areas. Every part of him has some residue on it that's really just disgusting.

Having this come after the QC disaster that was my Ultra Magnus, I'm just honestly at the point where Tracks could be finger painted by a child and I wouldn't even feel let down anymore.

Unfortunetly for me, Anime Export literally has no customer service since they have never once returned an email to me about multiple orders, so I'm forced to move my business elsewhere. Star saber and exhaust were the last money I'll ever give them.

10. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I need a new cannon and thruster for Skywarp.

11. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

Are you sure you got an authentic Takara product and not a Chinese KO of some sort? I ask because of your description of the fig being "sticky". That's a sign of improperly mixed or cured paint or low quality plastic. You should never ever see that from the legit factories. But the bootleggers are notorious for it. The stickiness is caused either because the paint or plastic is not able to properly outgas (such as when you mix acrylic and enamel paints) or if the plastic is from an improperly mixed or thinned batch. Or it's covered in mold release agent. Which is once again not something you should see in a product comming straight from Takara. If it's mold release it should wash off with warm water and dish detergent. If it's the paint that is sticky, at this point it will never cure.

12. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    Exhaust hasn't been KO'd......yet.

13. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I would look in the Junkpit (and even signature it), or look through the radicons section for people who may have parted one out for a custom they were doing. Lot of people used to use Walmart Skywarp for custom fodder and may have bits and pieces.

14. LizardbotHero

LizardbotHero I am a warrior

Ebay:
    I probably have an extra thruster for Skywarp in my parts bin... I'll check sometime tomorrow and get back to you on that.

15. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    You just happen to coincidentally have the last three Masterpieces released by Takara and they all have QC issues?

Yeah, right.

16. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    Is that a hyperbolic statement?

If it's really gone to shit, most of the folks here would've given up on the line already.

17. jleezy79

jleezy79 Well-Known Member

I got inspired by Leov36's shadowboxed MP-5 and knowing mine is a floppy mess because I bought it second hand I set out to find an upgrade kit. I got one in hand today and took the first step of transforming mighty Megatron. Having only done this once before and really not enjoying it I was filled with anxiety about the task at hand and this time around was not any different. Based on the current MP's Meg's is a mess! There are no "masterpiece moments" with this one and I am happy to say that he will forever remain in this form and framed as a display piece. I'm not doing that again.

Sorry about the rant but but I am really happy with the way the line has gone now. I didn't enjoy my first foray into MP's because I found them to be too delicate and finicky. My first ones were MP-1,3,5 and I stopped there. Mp-10 brought me back into it and now it is the only line I collect. Priorities and budget have made me drop most other lines including 3P. I had Starsaber in hand this morning and he is so much fun. Megatron..............never again. I have high hopes for future MP's.

18. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    That isn't normal at all. To have three releases on the trot to be qc like that is pretty unlucky too. I suggest you don't go for a walk in the next thunderstorm.

19. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

20. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I had a Takara Prowl before, with a messed up head. Those problems with MP-09, extremely noticeable spur marks on UM's forearms.. The list goes on. I have actually had more problems with official products than I ever had with any 3P item.

So that said, I can believe he just got extremely unlucky... It happens sometimes, and sucks when it does.

Lastly, I would never order from that shit-site Anime-Export. Their communication is absolutely shite, and returning anything is pretty much out of the question. Hard lesson learned I guess :(