The Masterpiece Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Read the post I quoted, I was referring to Exhaust

OK, so besides the well-worn "all KO=evil" pablum, what's your point here? I'm pointing out that the reissue and the subsequent KO's of Sideswipe brought the aftermarket price back down to reasonable levels. That's for the legit ones, if people were willing to take the time and effort to track them down and separate them from the knockoffs.

What "value" are we retaining here? There's no way MP-23 is worth three times the price I paid for it, and that's what it looks like they're selling for right now on eBay. It's "value" is not double the Japanese retail price that NY is selling it for. If it is, I'll be scalping mine as soon as it hits my doorstep because that is just insane.

The point of my original post was to say that those high aftermarket prices are a huge incentive for the KO makers. If they didn't already have plans to do the MP-20/23 mold, they sure as hell do now if those prices hold for a bit. And once the KO appears, then the genuine versions will come down in price. People will be free to choose either one, since neither one will cost $150 anymore.

2. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    I got a legit Exhaust on its way to my house, i would so buy a KO if they restored the original deco

3. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
    Yup, me too.

4. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    pertaining to ebay... my experiences have been very positive when it comes to a product not being as described... first, if they had pictures posted of the figure MISB and the pictures differ from what you received (creases, dents, punctures, etc) then it is not as described - there is a valid reason to return for a full amount, or come to an agreed upon refund amount that you are happy with. if you are a MISB collector, the box to you is as worth as much as the figure itself, right?

before opening it, do your due diligence and research all the differences noted by other members here for you - and if the seller wont at least refund you HALF the amount of your entire purchase price, I wouldn't accept the refund. if they do accept paying you at least HALF, your best bet is to check the figure inside afterall - chances are its a KO in sheeps clothing?

I'd hate to see you settle for being ripped off, or at the very least not be happy with what you paid for... if it's a KO, I'd get back all my money and keep it - opening a case as counterfeit.

for what it's worth, that's a lot of money to spend on something you aren't prepared to verify its contents. this might be one of those times you should check what's inside the box - if it's official, it'll always remain official - most of us on here would rather have an item verified by another member before we purchased it, especially since the KO version has been listed for a few months now? if I recall that 800+ listing, it appeared on ebay the same time the KO Bape's were announced.

5. Weird Alex

Weird Alex Kaon Gladiator

Really thinking about buying Star Saber... Just don't know if I should do it or not haha..

6. LeakinLubricant

LeakinLubricant Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Compare and contrast mate, it appears that the base of the KO box has some obvious differences, hope its legit.

Buyer Beware! MP10A Bape Convoy KO Guide - Transformers

7. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
    Awesome...... now set up a twitter feed and troll the hell out of Phillip Morris Ltd, showing you playing with the figure then smoking the brand with the tweet saying "advertising works".

9. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    Empty pack of cigs, lid open like a garage door with Exhaust driving out.

10. MetalicGrunt

News Credits:
    Love'd to, but those bastards aren't on Social Media.

11. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    question! ive seen some masterpiece takara version boxes in color ... then some are black and white box art. why is this?

12. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

amazing photo that is! holllly crap! even though i think this guy is an awesome deal for the price I can't bring myself to do it. i have no nostalgia for this guy at all. i mean...he kinda looks cool but speaks to a time and era different than my original transformers fanhood. congrats to those that got him though. looks like a good piece.

13. MetalicGrunt

News Credits:
    Exclusives Like TigerTrack and SilverStreak are black boxes with whitish/silver figure art. The White Box with red lettering was a special edition MP Grimlock.

14. DoodleBrandon

DoodleBrandon Well-Known Member

My collection got a little bit more yellow last week. This little guy jumped right up to the top of my favorites list! I love seeing the Bumblebee I remember from my childhood sitting on my shelf!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice shots! Really brings out Bee's character.

16. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I stated it above but if you return something on eBay, you HAVE to send it with delivery confirmation. I don't know how much that will be to Hong Kong, but it's not going to be that cheap.

Sellers on eBay as far as I know don't have to offer partial refunds. If the seller wants, he can just tell duomaxwell he has to send the item back for a full refund. I highly, highly doubt a seller would offer a 50% refund. After eBay fees, offering a 50% refund would put him almost at purchase price of the BAPE MP-10.

17. Duomaxwell1017

Duomaxwell1017 Lt. to Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    Here is a pic of the bottom of the box. I even checked the tape and it looks like it is officially sealed. I don't see any tape removal spots.

[​IMG]

18. warhide

warhide Deceptcreeps Smasher

I wonder if someone tried to remove Exhaust mask to see if there is any hidden face again? :D 

19. MetalicGrunt

News Credits:
    No hidden face, but you can flip the visor around - just be careful, fragile head sculpt.

[​IMG]

20. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Aww sad Exhaust!