The Many Sizes of Megatron

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by Cobalt Agent, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

My follow up to www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers...7874-many-sizes-optimus-prime-large-file.html

[​IMG]

I did not include Megatron II (Beast Wars Megatron) or his many incarnations.
    Not included also are fictionless/statless forms like his Machine Wars/Hero/Gobot forms.
    I also had no information on many JP only forms like his Super/Ultra Megatron or Star Giant incarnations.

[​IMG]

Shit happens.

[​IMG]

Yup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Officially 35' tall.
    [​IMG]

Thanks! Indeed, official heights are not always represented properly even in canon media.

Read the op.

Thanks?

Depends on the source. There's no official charts from Beast Wars except mainframe's group shots of maximals and predacons but their scale is dubious and they're not shoulder to shoulder. There was also a scale chart released on the discs but they were prototypical and didn't reflect the finished product well (Scorponok was tiny and Terrasaur huge).

The Playstation video game gives Transmetal Megatron these stats-
    Height 320cm - 3.2 meters or 10.5 feet
    Weight 3500kg - 3,500,000 grams or 7,716 lbs or 3.86 tons!

Beast Wars Transmetals - Megatron 1 - YouTube

For IDW Megs, I actually tried not to overthink it. It didn't work but anyway- I went off his similar size to Prime when he beat the shit out of him with his new body and then surrendered. Really, Megatron has no scale in IDW. In AHM, he's easily 100 feet tall when he joins the Seekers in showering the city with destruction. Tiny men in an office space barely cover a fraction of his chest, and he towers over real-size seekers in their f-15 bodies. That Megatron wouldn't have fit on my chart. But the Megatron who, despite being a bomber, was slightly taller than Prime who is only about 8.5 meters tall? Let's go with that. I honestly just wanted to put something down.

[​IMG]

:thumb 

I haven't read the Almanac myself, however, it's not impossible that the real-world size of such a cockpit and his official robot height are inconsistent. Megatron's height of 35 feet comes from the Japanese scale chart. And you're right about real-world scale. Animated Megatron turns into a gunship, which should make him pretty fucking huge compared to a truck and cars.

I don't know if I agree with that. A head or two taller perhaps, which is why I did bring his head all the way to the next line. But substantially? I don't see it. Is there an issue # you are thinking of?

Absolutely no way was his TM form 10 feet taller than his first.

Megatron is 32 feet tall according to the official scale chart.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Images need to be attached/inline attachments needed.

Basic edit and then good to go.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.