The Mandalorian - live-action Star Wars TV series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ShinGi, Nov 9, 2017.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    *Pre Vizsla.

2. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Not this time.

• Like Like x 5
  3. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    Another fantastic episode! The plot is definitely thickening, and I can't wait to see where it goes next.

I've never seen the Mandalore episodes of Clone Wars, but I kind of want to watch them after this episode. Seeing all those Mandos fighting off the bounty hunters was awesome. Also, I think the Mandalorian will be getting a jetpack at some point himself.

Was the heavy-armor trooper played/voiced by Jon Faverau himself? I saw some speculation on that. Apparently some artist drew him in that outfit a while ago...

I guess the Mandalorian is officially a rouge now, he'll probably be hunted himself, and have to keep on the run. That's going to be a lot of fun.

I'm intrigued to hear more of baby Yoda's significance. Dr. Pershing claimed to be trying to protect him, but who knows if he's telling the truth. Pershing definitely involved in cloning though.

In that crowd of bounty hunters at the end, there was one that looked a bit like 4-LOM (the protocol droid from ESB), but a bit more angular. He seems to have a fairly prominent role in a future episode, because the first trailer (leaked from Celebration) showed several clips of him, one of which seems to be piloting a spaceship. I'm really excited to see more of him, I like that character's design. I'd love 4-LOM and Zuckuss to appear, I loved their short story growing up.

• Like Like x 5
  4. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

This is the way....

Sorry...Not sorry. That is going to be my new line for everything.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm eagerly awaiting the next episode, I had almost forgotten what that felt like.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice sig :D  I grabbed most if not all the end credit art from all 3 episodes so far. Don't know if anyone wants me to post em.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    do it! I have spoken.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    This is the Way. Badass.

Another excellent episode, weird to go back into the show when Episodes 1 and 2 felt like such a conclusive, epic story in their own, but nonetheless it was great.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So am I correct that this is the first time we’ve actually seen a vibroblade function in SW. I was so caught up in the whole episode I forgot about that moment. I don’t know if CW ever covered it but I was loving that knife work.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pharoid

News Credits:
    I feel exactly the same way. I was so let down by how Mandos were handled in the CW I just kind let it go. This is all I ever wanted for Mandos representation in SW. Add in all these extra SW details, Yizmo and the perfect slow-burn pacing. Absolute gold. I like the ST but this show makes me feel like a little kid again and I haven’t felt that way in a long, long time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Incepticon

Incepticon This place ain't what it used to be...

News Credits:
    Had to re-watch Ep.3 again tonight and just let myself enjoy the nerd euphoria. I'll say it: all those f'ing Mandalorians flying in to help was pure goosebumps. And the alternate designs - especially the one Favreau was playing - my god. It was also VERY Iron Man esque (imo) which I thought was pretty cool.

Haha the only downside of ALL these Mando's being so awesome is it's just made Boba look like a total incompetent puss by comparison.

Can't get enough of "Yizmo". Just can't. And I don't mind admitting I was a nervous wreck about was happening to him before Mando finally came back to rescue him. Like, hands over face pulling cheeks down nervous. It felt like an eternity.

Sorry for review-ish #2. I just can't really comprehend how good this is.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  12. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    Alrighty. But I'll use spoiler tags in case anyone hasn't seen the episodes yet:

1st Episode:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2nd Episode:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3d Episode:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  13. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    that's some good shit.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  14. Pharoid

News Credits:
  15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    15/10. This is what TV's are for.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That scene made me feel like I was watching the rocketeer! Now I wish they didn't kill the second rocketeer film for the cartoon.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Another great episode. I’m actually a bit surprised they returned to The Client so soon. I’d say this episode definitely gave us the most characterization for The Mandalorian yet. The setup for his change of heart was well done. Baby Yoda continues to be a treasure. Although they do kinda borrow from the endings of The Last or Us and John Wick 2 in this episode, but it made sense with the storyline. The fight scenes were a little choppy at first, but I think they were just saving their budget for that awesome final battle. Props to the costume department for all of those Mandalorian designs.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I think so. We see the Mando first use it against the Mudhorn in the 2nd episode, but I’m glad to see it used again in that “knife” fight.

Yeah, there’s something really special here. I just hope they can sustain this momentum.

It was almost too Iron Man-esque — at first I didn’t like that salute from Not-War Machine, but then someone on another site posted screenshots of the (more casual) salutes that Han and Luke give in the OT, and I got over it. It was my one very minor gripe with this episode, and poof, it’s already gone.

And yeah, Boba has, in many ways, already been completely eclipsed by everything we’ve seen in the Mandalorian. But I would only add that without Boba, we wouldn’t have any Mandalorians. We have to respect that iconic design that started with him, if nothing else.

Yizmo is the wild card that pushes this show over the top. It shouldn’t work as well as it does, because on paper, it reads like some sort of fan-fiction — “Not-Boba and his baby Not-Yoda”. But dammit, it does work. I was also a nervous wreck when we was going back for Yizmo and saw the floaty-egg-stroller in the garbage pile, ugh, I should’ve known they wouldn’t go that dark on a Disney+ show, but I was so absorbed in the moment.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Pharoid

News Credits:
    Yeah he used the knife in the Egg episode I don’t remember the actual “vibro” part though, I have to watch those episodes again. It’s just so weird to know and read something is a “vibroblade” for however long it’s been and then actually see it function. It’s shit like that, that’s flat out blowing my mind.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    I love the way the Mandalorian just picks up the baby and puts him wherever he wants. HE'S SO TINY!!

• Like Like x 4