The Mandalorian - live-action Star Wars TV series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ShinGi, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Why would the FO not restart cloning? It seems like a no brainer over kidnapping kids. Something had to go wrong with Kamino before the ST starts.

2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    And that's why....that little legends stuff I posted may actually become canon because it would help make the cloning make sense. Besides...there's a "rumor" floating around that in one of the screen tests, Palpatine admits to Kylo and Rey (I think?) that Vader didn't actually kill Palpatine. Rather, Vader threw a cloned body of his into that abyss in the second death star at the end of ROTJ. This supposedly had a lot of people walk out saying "F--K this s--t!" But again, that's just rumors. Take that for what it's worth.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Pharoid

News Credits:
    I can’t help but think there is more to the cloning doctor than we think. We are assuming it’s all about Yizmo but the Kaminoans had a relationship with a Mandalorian as a prototype for their clone army. We have a new Mandalorian and an Imperial Officer waxing nostalgic about the good ‘ole Imperial Order. Could this be a half-asses attempt at relaunching a clone army or is it really about Yizmo. Just throwing ideas out there. On the other hand it would be interesting if they cloned Jedi and this is a throwback or something. Timing is right.

4. Pharoid

News Credits:
    If you buy that leak I have a bridge in NY you might be interested in. It’s a classic.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    :lol  My bad, but again, it's just a rumor. Not anything that's actually been confirmed. You know how those things go. Besides...there's a strong chance that all of that is nothing but pure unadulterated bullshit.

Supposedly we're gonna find out more with episode 3. Which means I'm gonna be avoiding this thread again when it airs until I watch it :D 

I got a better deal. Seaside property in AZ with the perfect view of said bridge. Real cheap too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    can't be too careful! people out there playing the Two Truths One Lie game, got real angry when they said Rey was Force Sensitive back in 15 and then the Vader scene of R1.

btw in case you forgot, I know the true future of The Mandalorian after watching the first three in movie format, don't tempt me :p 

• Like Like x 1
  7. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The real truth is that this is now canon:

And that he was picked up and revived after.

8. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    6D771322-94BD-447F-880A-204A9D5BE83C.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Finally watched the first ep and it’s alright. Not incredible but it wasn’t infuriatingly stupid, but a few things stood out: why didn’t he just fly to the bandit camp? Why did he need the dinosaur thing? The terrain wasn’t that bad. (Noticed none of those bandits had dinosaur mounts, nor did IG-88) Also, is it just me or is it obvious the actor in the Mando outfit can’t see shit in that helmet? Also I expected IG-88 to be... more than nothing.

So yeah, very not bad, gonna keep watching for now I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    It’s IG-11.

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It’s free real estate.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I'm sure this was addressed at some point in Rebels or TCW, but I was surprised to see the Mando mount a flashlight on the side of his helmet in ep 2.

I'd always assumed that the helmets had some sort of visor inside that would help with that kind of thing.

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don’t think SW is typically that high-tech, oddly enough. Usually a visor is actually just tinted glass/translucent material. Clone Troopers needed flashlights or external night vision attachments.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I always felt this was a very odd choice in a world where you have swords with blades made out of arcing plasma energy or whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I remember hearing about that rumor a long time ago...not sure how long ago but I feel like it was pre-internet being a big deal. I think it has always been part of GL's plans.

16. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    According to Canon sources the Imperial era stormtrooper helmets had fully functional internal visors to assist visibility, which also had a heads up display. The Phase I clonetrooper armour had a build in heads up display too.

That said while not overly familiar with TCW I am aware that there is clone trooper armour out there with flip down binoculars so clearly everything wasn't integrated.

I guess the obvious 'out' is that the helmet is a cultural symbol for the Mandos, which is why those little kids were wearing them while just hanging out when the Mandalorian went to the Mando sector in episode 1.

• Like Like x 1
  17. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    spitballing here, but maybe anti-aircraft turrets? going by air makes it easy to spot you since they're in a desert with mudfields, not much cover for an attacking ship.
    IG-11 probably went the same route that the Mando took in episode 2, albeit it's a longer path. It looks like it took the Mando a full day to repair his armor, sleep, and walk the distance, but the blurrg training + riding only made the trip an afternoon at most

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pharoid

News Credits:
    No need to spitball. That’s just the unfortunate side-effect of marinating yourself in Disney hate for 2 years you loose the ability to enjoy anything.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Where? It was a barren, open desert with no signs of any encampments save the one they attacked.

The show goes out of its way to build the world and setting and we're just to assume this small encampment of pirates have anti-air defenses established that nobody mentions? If they have those would they not also have perimeter guards?

Flying would've only taken a few minutes.

That has literally nothing to do with what I said.

It's not even hate, I just don't understand why the dinosaurs were necessary. It's not like it made the episode bad, it was just weird. So much of the episode was devoted to it and it's like the scene explaining it got cut or something.

You're pretty sensitive when it comes to Star Wars, huh?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Prime Red

Prime Red Banned

Wow, just wow. You know it's remarks like this that make it really hard for people to take your over the top ranting seriously. He literally says he's going to keep watching but since he doesn't get down on his knees to praise and confess his undying love for all things Disney Star Wars you make an unnecessary comment about how he can't enjoy it. Please keep it up though. I'm looking forward to your complete transformation into a caricature.

• Like Like x 9