The Mandalorian - live-action Star Wars TV series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ShinGi, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    no
    Screenshot_20201121-021602_YouTube Vanced.jpg go to horny jail

• Like Like x 12
  2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This episodes timeline confused me:

Weathers and Carano act like it'd been a long time since seeing Mando. Plus the planet's been all refurbished. She's a Marshall now. There's a school. That all takes time to set-up, but I got the impression from the other episodes that this season was happening pretty immediately after Season 1 and he couldn't have been away from their characters for maybe a couple of weeks tops. Anyone know the official timeline?

Also, those guys fixed the Razorcrest fast.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020 at 12:22 PM
  4. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The introduction of Dark Troopers definitely takes Din’s whole droid thing to a new level. I forgot how much he hates droids, Dark Troopers ought to get him fired up. It’s going to be one epic fight scene, I am thinking the Dark Troopers get deployed against the Mando resistance and Din’s whole “droids destroying my family” comes full circle again.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

I was under the impression the same amount has passed for both Mando and us waiting for season 2. He's just been looking for leads and as we see with season 2 probably was his first lead that actually went somewhere.

But ya, that crew did fix up the Razorcrest fast, guess he really had some good credit. On top of that the Mimbian wanted to plant the tracking device quick before he got back anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hobbes-timus Prime

News Credits:
    You might be right. But I feel like that kind of time gap between seasons undercuts both his skills as a bounty hunter and how hunted Baby Yoda is.

But I guess maybe the idea is we'll get some novel or comic series that fills in the gap later. Frickin' Star Wars.

7. Wrecker217

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    I have spoken.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Exactly. I think creepy ominous background lore like this episode is really cool. They can discuss it too, just as long as it doesn’t dominate the plot. Gideon did say “it means more to me than you know”, and that could line up with wanting to enhance himself.

• Like Like x 1
  9. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Runnin' like a constipated wiener dog

“You gonna get a mark from my stick...”

It’s better than bacon.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Lightspeed travel takes a while.
    Limping from planet to planet takes a while longer.

Realizing that they take liberties with space travel in SciFi, distances must be traveled and that takes time.

11. Hobbes-timus Prime

News Credits:
    The whole point of having hyperspace is to save time in the narrative. There's no indication in any of the rest of the Star Wars media* that hyperspace adds that kind of time to a journey.

*that I'm aware of.

12. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    In the... whatever books are called now, they used to talk of traveling times. And ships do have speed classifications. It's certainly not instantaneous travel from system to system.

The Mandalorian even mentions the long ride they are in for in sub-hyperdrive.

13. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There could have been a few months between season 1 and 2. Then the long time going non-hyperspace between planets.

Hyperspace does take time to go from one place to another.

The thing that sort of bothered me about the last episode was Mando took time to go pick up Baby Yoda to go save the others. Maybe he should have just got the Razors Crest, saved the others and THEN go pick up the kid. Also bonus for not taking him into a dangerous air battle.

14. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

I mean, the reason he went back to The Child first is because he'd be in bigger danger now that he found out that Gideon is still alive and that they might require The Child's blood again. Why wouldn't he be a priority?

• Like Like x 5
  15. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always hate tracking device tropes in a show cause if you are away form your personal items especially a ship or car and being a bounty hunter or undercover agent, shouldn't you always scan for it?

• Like Like x 5
  16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    Especially since it was the whole reason he left ahead of them was specifically to get the child, because it was in immediate danger.

Yeah, it seems stupid of Mando to be so trusting when he's known people who are double-agents. And even if they aren't, given his situation is just seems silly to not take those precautions.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020 at 7:25 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  17. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Maybe everyone in the Galaxy Far Far Away has a blind spot for tracking devices. In the first SW film ever they fly straight to Yavin even though Leia knows they're being tracked.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Wrecker217

News Credits:
    also, have you SEEN the size of the Falcon? The ones at Disneyland make you look tiny.

19. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    To add to this, if somebody stuck a thumb drive somewhere in the underside of your cat while fixing it, you’d never know. Now just imagine something the size of your palm on something much, much, bigger. You would have no idea where to start looking even if you knew.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 7:27 AM
  20. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even with the save-time purpose, hyperspace has never been a direct A-B. In ANH the crew is lounging about, chatting, Luke and Obi-Wan are training. From the ones I've read both the canon Thrawn books and Tarkin go into the mechanics of hyperspace, fleshing out the vaguely-alluded to in film/tv hyperspace routes and Han's line again in ANH about how if you dont do it right you could come out too close to a star or smash into something.
    Basically these things get mapped out and then fought over by powerful people looking for more power, whether that be in a galactic war or criminal enterprise. Enough detail there without any hard facts to be able to say it takes some value of time. Add a whole episode where you get slow down this unknown travel speed and its definitely a thing where they get there just in time when they need to and when they dont you have people arguing whether X film takes place over days or months

• Like Like x 4