The Mandalorian - live-action Star Wars TV series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ShinGi, Nov 9, 2017.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    This is it right here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Already rewatching a few episode because I'm looking forward to the new Beskar Mandalorian Black Series figure.

I've also been watching people's reaction to the first episode. Since most people don't like spoilers, I'd love to see their reactions when they see...

Boba Fett in Season 2

3. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There’s no need for a spoiler tag, we’ve been discussing the rumor already. There is a lot of wait and see as to how big a role he’ll have in this season and how he is positioned.

boba is not truly a mandalorian, he’s a clone of Jango that wears the armor. He doesn’t appear to follow any the code or participate in the culture, which seems like a strict contrast to Din. That’s something to play off. He was also last seen in ROTJ on tattoine so we may be headed back there

4. OptionZero

News Credits:
    the host’s twitter is @doomcock. Anyone is free to peruse his timeline, scroll through it. Without being accused of being “political” again, I think it won’t take long for you to figure out what he’s all about. Whether you agree with some or all of his takes , and however many times he tries to couch some of his “concerns”, his agenda is pretty obvious. He is openly biased against all things Disney, and he’s very pro warner bro’s. He’s openly waging war on what he perceives to be “SJW’ (sound faimiliar?) ruining shows

Again you can take his “rumors’’ how you want. I for one see an angry man that is very much all about the attention, and he’s sadly garnered something of a following. To me, it represents the worst part of any fandom.

There’s posters here that echo his attitude with nearly word for word takes; it’s pretty clear they’ve been influenced by his stuff or reposts of his stuff. There’s a few websites that regurgitate it.

This isn’t reporting. It’s shockjock stuff with a clear take. You can compare it to other areas of media easily.

• Like Like x 5
  5. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  6. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    "October 2020" isn't a date, it's a range.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OptionZero

News Credits:
    Making my way through Gallery, Episode 6 - "The Process"

I have no filmmaking experience or education. I've seen some Youtubers talk about how they make videos, i've seen behind the scenes stuff, thaz it. The stuff they are talking about, though, seems to be on the cutting edge, with even the technical staff and direectors and actors talking about the process of Mandalorian being beyond what any of them has ever done before. Very educational even if alot of it is over my head.

What does strike me is Taika and Favs talking about their experience doing "reshoots" on Thor and Iron man, plus Rick Famuyida talking about working in independent film and Filoni talking about working in animation - the team of directors assembled really does seem to come from different backgrounds and they're all super fucking cool with helping each other. Heartwarming stuff, really. All these people from different experiences coming together bc they love star wars and they wanna make it good.

I can't wait to see how Robert Rodriguez brings his noir-style to this show. Imagine if they let him do some Cad Bane stuff, that'd be rad

EDIT:
    While it seems extraordinarily expensive to "pre-viz" (as i understand it, animate the whole damn thing and stick it in a game engine and play with camera angles and what not) . . . it sure seems like you can save a buttload of time once you start filming since you know exactly where to go. Then throw in the StageCraft screens that let you film all sorts of backgrounds in a studio instead of flying to a desert or forest . . . wild stuff

Also, Deborah Chow said she used nearly their entire supply of fake ammo bc they did so many explosions. I like her.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  8. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

A friend of mine recently started a mocap pre-vis company and they can do all kinds of really cool stuff with (relatively) inexpensive gear - he has a mocap suit, virtual camera gear and Unity and he put together a large fight scene featuring dozens of characters using only two performers. I think pre-vis in general actually saves quite a bit of money, as they can rejig and rework scenes for blocking and camera movement before getting a full cast together.

9. OptionZero

News Credits:
    It's pretty awesome that equipment is getting cheap enough to buy/rent that starting filmmakers can access it and learn how to master it or even find new ways to use it

I wonder what a show like SNL, which is basically a week-to-week turnaround and also pretty improvised, could do if they had a Stagecraft setup. Would make swapping in sets a breeze

10. Wrecker217

News Credits:
    Wonder if Disney is gonna want the screen room for when they make Percy Jackson.

11. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    My cousin eventually found out Boba Fett was returning. And he was like, "But he's dead!"

12. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Too Much Horror Business TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bet Season 2 is all about defining a “Mandalorian” and contrasting Fett against Din Djarin.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:

I’ve never listened to this all the way through. I love it.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Wrecker217

News Credits:
    so good.

15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

We got Disney+ from my wife's parents and watched this show. It was actually quite good. If they ever make a Metroid series, it has to be like this. The characters were all well done. The planets visited were interesting. Darth Gus was freaking amazing and badass. Not to mention him just killing his own men for interrupting him. I also loved learning that the Mandalorians are not actually a race but a creed.

My favorite episode was the prison break one. Not only did it have the best soundtrack of them all, but it also feature my favorite scene of the season. The one where the Mandolorian is sneaking up on the other dude from Breaking Bad while the lights are flickering. That was a very Horror movie moment and incredibly shot.

I'm looking forward to season 2. In fact, I've come to realize that the period of the Empire and the aftermath is without a doubt the only interesting part of the Star Wars universe.

16. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

‘The Mandalorian’ Breaks Into Emmys With 15 Noms Including Best Drama – Deadline

I was a little surprised by the best drama nomination at first but then I remembered there actually wasn’t a lot of shows I enjoyed from last year. It was pretty much this, Better Call Saul, The Expanse, Peaky Blinders, Stranger Things and Vikings, and The Mandalorian was my favorite by far because I’ve waited so long for a show like this. I think Better Call Saul should win from an objective standpoint but I’ll be “rooting“ for Mandalorian, and I put rooting in quotes because I care less and less what these awards shows do the older I get. With that being said, it better sweep all the technical categories because those virtual sets they used are an incredible innovation and I really hope they start to replace green screens sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Was Westworld not eligible this year?

18. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I hope they win at least one.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Its kinda both though. There is a Mandalorian race, that live on Mandalore and have Mandalorian culture, the creed being part of it.

• Like Like x 1