The Mandalorian - live-action Star Wars TV series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ShinGi, Nov 9, 2017.

1. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am down for a dubover by Eckstein but I cannot expect an actress of Rosario’s stature being down with that.

Maybe editing can get them close?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

I feel the same as you. And that KK The Force Is Female tshirt photo that keeps being brought up had nothing to do with Star Wars. It was for Nike.
    The Force is Female: A BS Story

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I finally got around to telling my friend about the Boba Fett news. Apparently another friend already told him. And his reaction...

He was Angry!!!

He was angry because someone spoiled the show for him, not the fact Boba Fett was returning.
    He was actually happy Boba Fett is return. He was also talking about how Boba got very little in ROTJ and needed more attention. So he's glad and looking forward to seeing him in the Mandalorian. But he just didn't like being spoiled.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Scene opens over the desert sands of Tatooine. A gloved hand, burned through by prolonged acid exposure, jutts out forcefully over a sand crest as a ruined Boba Fett crawls out the rotting mouth of a dead sarlacc. He pulls himself to his feet, growing ever steadier despite his wounds.

He straightens his helmet, dusts off the tattered remains of his jumpsuit and checks his equipment.

He thumbs the control for his flight pack. The tired, worn jets sputter, pop and smoke for agonizingly long seconds before bursting to life once more. Their whine slowly builds before reluctantly lifting Fett a few inches off the ground in whirl of sand and oily exhaust.

Another violent belch of the jets sends him rocketing into twin sun glare of Tatooine's early evening sky. The current bane of the pilot of a low flying craft who squints to see around from behind the raised hand she is using to block the excess light.

"Look out!" Shouts her partner in the passenger seat.

There's a whomp on the starboard side of the craft just before the explosion.

"Bo, you've sucked something into the jet!"

"Thanks for the heads up, Ashoka."

"Maybe you should've been wearing your helmet to help block out the suns."

"Maybe Jedi should practice more foresight and less hindsight! We're going down!"

And that's the end of that.

5. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

I’m sure it’ll still be great, but I’m a bit let down by all the established characters set to appear next season. The lack of reliance on pre-established characters/lore is what made the show so refreshing.

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Outside of Boba, who hasn't really done anything in live action, I think there's a large difference in bringing in characters previously only in animation and bringing characters back from other live action projects. And the thing is, as big as Star Wars is, I'd make a good bet that probably 60% (and that's probably conservative) of people watching Mandalorian have never even seen Clone Wars or Rebels, so these characters are mostly gonna be brand new to them anyway.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I’d have those concerns myself, but it only seems natural that a lot of these characters would show up. Bo-Katan is a Mandalorian with royal bloodlines. She’s also the last person we see with the darksaber if I remember Rebels correctly. Boba Fett was already teased, and it makes sense to include him since Dinn and Baby Yoda still have bounties on their heads. Ahsoka and Rex are a little harder to fit in, but I imagine Ahsoka will bring Dinn up to speed on The Force and the Yoda she knew.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

News Credits:
    personally i think Favreau Filoni and Waiti need to run star wars together

• Like Like x 2
  9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Waititi is a great director that has shown no reason that he should be involved on that big of a scale in the Star Wars universe.

• Like Like x 4
  10. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Too Much Horror Business TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You mean other than his involvement in the Marvel Universe? Pretty big universe.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP #VernoWasRight

News Credits:
    He means not being involved with the overall direction of the universe as a story lead. Scarlet was basically saying Favreau, Filoni and Waititi should be the Kevin Feige of Star Wars, and Hal was saying Waititi is good but doesn't belong in that position.

And I agree. I'd rather him work on the odd Star Wars thing, like his upcoming film, than be part of the direction of the whole franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Too Much Horror Business TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Its a totally subjective comment, which is fine, but to say he has “shown no reason” to be in that position is inane.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP #VernoWasRight

News Credits:
    I mean, it isn't at all. Waititi has done one episode of Mandalorian and two Marvel movies.

He's good, but is that clout enough to be in charge of a franchise, especially when it has two capable people already who are more deserving of that? I feel like it's kinda jumping the gun to say Waititi is right for that position, akin to saying a good store manager is right to run the whole company.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Rusty24

I think it’s telling that they’ve announced only one movie with him. We know he can make a great movie within a larger universe, but planning out multiple stories across movies, games, comics, novels, and TV shows is a much bigger job, and it’s not something that Taika has really done.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OptionZero

News Credits:
    Per The Hollywood Reporter

Timothy Olyphant is the latest actor to be captured by The Mandalorian.

Olyphant, who most recently starred in Netflix’s Santa Clarita Diet, will appear in season two of the Disney+ Star Wars series, multiple sources tell Heat Vision

Given his Justified and Deadwood roles . . . I'm going to guess he's going to play a lone gunman. Who shags folks he shouldn't. With questionable tactics. And who doesn't use cover in a gunfight.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Could this cast get anymore stacked?

• Like Like x 3
  17. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    Waititi can definitely direct stuff now and then but definitely leave it to Filoni as the Feige of Star Wars with Favreau as his copilot.

Funnily enough, I’d like Watiti to remain on as what Favreau is for Marvel, an occasional director and a regular executive producer.

(off topic: the governing council under Feige at Marvel should consist of Coogler, Gunn, Waititi, the Russo’s, Favreau, and Deborah Chow should get in there too).

18. OptionZero

News Credits:
    Looks like the combination of a massive budget and people wanting to be a part of D+/Star Wars is allowing them to get all sorts of names to act and direct.

As a secondary bonus, it sounds like everyone that worked on S1 had an absolute blast with nothing but good things to say bout Favreau and Filoni. Every interview, plus the Gallery series has showed how it has been a highly collaborative process, like a family, with everyone helping each other. Each director gets help from Favreau but room to put their touch on things, and Filoni is the encyclopedia of SW knowledge to act as the glue for everything.

Gino Carano, who is doesn't have that much acting experience, said she loved it; Warner Herzog was freakin' gushing.

Money, schedule, all that stuff will always be the #1 thing but it prolly don't hurt that S1 had so many good vibes. And hell, S3 is already green lit

With other series like Kenobi and Ahsoka on deck, we're probably gonna see some of these faces act/direct in other series too.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Beyond overloaded cast but a great choice!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rusty24

Justified is one of my all time favorite shows, so I’m completely on board with this. I’d just be happy if they took Raylan Givens and just put him in the Star Wars universe.