The Mandalorian - live-action Star Wars TV series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ShinGi, Nov 9, 2017.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It all comes down to Disney wanting to make money. And I know that sounds redundant and an oversimplification, but it's true.

That's why these attempts at "representation" fall hilariously flat, because Disney doesn't want to put the effort into telling a good story, they want to use them as bargaining chips. "Hey come see our new movie, look it has a WOMAN in it! A STRONG FEMALE PROTAGONIST!!"

Because Disney thinks women are stupid, and that they'll watch a movie just because it has other women in it, like that's all women care about and nothing else. It's insulting, and I'm glad to see it fail when actual, great female characters who aren't just there because of their gender rise to popularity. Nothing makes me happier than seeing Rey shit on and Ahsoka being held up like she's orange Jesus by fans. "We'll see your Mary Sue and raise you one character carefully developed over seven years!"

It's not about "women ruin Star Wars," it's not about "all Star Wars fans are whiny man-children," it's about fans and audiences not being gullible.

• Like Like x 5
  2. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To get back to the actual show

Giancarlo Esposito has publicly said there's gonna be a lightsaber battle in Mando S2, and that in practice he's broken 3 of them already:
    Moff Gideon Will Have His Darksaber Skills Tested in "The Mandalorian" Season 2

I’m decent. I’m getting better. But you have to respect the power of it, the energy of it. It’s long, dude. I’ve bopped myself three times already. Pop in the head, I’m like oh my God, what do I do? I start laughing. People look at me, they want me to be the expert right off the bat, because I’m the bad ass. But you know what? It takes practice. So we have long ones, we have short ones. Because sometimes they have to put it in. And guess what? I can say this? I can say it, I can say it. I’m going through it in my head, spoilers, blah blah blah. I can say it. I’ve broken three of those bad boys.

Who's he fighting? Amongst Force users active at this time are Luke (he's not showing up in Mandalorian), Leia (may not be trained yet, not showing up either), Ezra (would have to explain where he came from) and Ahsoka (confirmed in show)

Now they we know Bo Katan is in the show, seems like at least one battle could very easily be the flash back scene of when Moff Gideon and his forces took the darksaber off of her

Another could be the obvious Ahsoka's white saber vs. Gideon's Darksaber, which should probably make for a fantastic visual, if nothing else

• Like Like x 1
  3. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I don’t mind the sisters arc, but it would have been cool seeing a more relevant arc for the final season. I wonder if the mandalorian will ever shift to a 4 episode arc concept. I kind of like that the best. It makes the story line remarkably watchable when you wait for all four episodes to air and then binge as a whole.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Oh my god, oh my god Disney cast a woman.... Kathleen Kennedy! SW ruined 4 evah!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    yeah I would have preferred the hunt for the Kyber Crystal arc. That had some good setups for Anakin turning bad and some nice character moments between he and Obi wan. Plus there was the whole foreshadowing of the Death star.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    And give Grievous one last showing. Since it would be the only time we would see him in his Episode III look. And he racked up quite the body count in those episodes.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    Oh Dang.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Bottom line: I don't think a single soul out there is disappointed by Bo-Katan being played by Katee Sackhoff. Makes me kinda wish Eckstien could play Ahsoka...

• Like Like x 4
  9. dinobot1

dinobot1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is Katee Sackhoff the first actor in Star Wars to make the leap from animation to live action? I hope this becomes a trend as I would love to see Lars Mikkelson return as Thrawn in live action.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'll trust Faverau and Filloni for the most part, I'm just hoping stories don't get muddied and messed up by stuff going on behind the scenes and of course the current virus issues. Hopefully we will start seeing the new cast in their costumes soon alleviating any fears

• Like Like x 1
  11. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wonder if we could get Dee Bradly Baker to grow a beard and shave his head so he could play Old Man Rex while Temuera plays Middle-Aged-Man Boba. Temueura is closer to Boba's age (50s vs 41) than Rex (82) so who knows what could've happened to Rex during the five years between ROTJ and Mando.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

My main concern for Rosario playing Ahsoka isn't physical--she's got that down pretty well. But rather the voice. We're so used to Ashley's, higher pitched softer voice that it's going to be difficult adjusting to Rosario's deeper voice. Unless they do a dub-over, and somehow get both Dawson and Ashley playing the same character a-la Darth Maul, but I don't know if that's going to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I forgot all about that show.

14. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    It's neat that they're using so many popular characters, I just hope they don't go overboard. For me one of the appeals of season one was how many great new characters they introduced. Bringing Boba back makes sense for this show, but I don't know that every episode needs to have a familiar or popular face.

I also hope these characters are used better than the Darth Maul cameo in Solo. That cameo made no sense if you're not familiar with his resurrection in the cartoon. And if you are familiar with the cartoons, that cameo doesn't leave anything to look forward to (since we already know how he dies). I'll always consider that one of the worst and most tasteless movie cameos I've ever seen. As long as they explain who these people are for non-cartoon-viewers, they should be fine. But I hope they don't rely on us already knowing who they are.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OptionZero

News Credits:
    The progression seems to be Rebels like:
    s1, introduce the main characters, establish world and time line, set direction for S2
    s2, connect to larger world
    S3, tbd

• Like Like x 1
  16. OptionZero

News Credits:
    I believe you are correct

Saw Guerrera is prolly next closest
    He first appeared in Clone wars S5, ep2, War on two fronts in 2012 voice by Andrew Kishino
    The he was then played by forest whitaker live in rogue one and voiced him in Rebels.

favreau himself voiced pre vizla in lone wars and played a mandalorian in s1

17. OptionZero

News Credits:
    I am down for a dubover by Eckstein but I cannot expect an actress of Rosario’s stature being down with that.

Maybe editing can get them close?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

I feel the same as you. And that KK The Force Is Female tshirt photo that keeps being brought up had nothing to do with Star Wars. It was for Nike.
    The Force is Female: A BS Story

• Like Like x 3
  19. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I finally got around to telling my friend about the Boba Fett news. Apparently another friend already told him. And his reaction...

He was Angry!!!

He was angry because someone spoiled the show for him, not the fact Boba Fett was returning.
    He was actually happy Boba Fett is return. He was also talking about how Boba got very little in ROTJ and needed more attention. So he's glad and looking forward to seeing him in the Mandalorian. But he just didn't like being spoiled.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Scene opens over the desert sands of Tatooine. A gloved hand, burned through by prolonged acid exposure, jutts out forcefully over a sand crest as a ruined Boba Fett crawls out the rotting mouth of a dead sarlacc. He pulls himself to his feet, growing ever steadier despite his wounds.

He straightens his helmet, dusts off the tattered remains of his jumpsuit and checks his equipment.

He thumbs the control for his flight pack. The tired, worn jets sputter, pop and smoke for agonizingly long seconds before bursting to life once more. Their whine slowly builds before reluctantly lifting Fett a few inches off the ground in whirl of sand and oily exhaust.

Another violent belch of the jets sends him rocketing into twin sun glare of Tatooine's early evening sky. The current bane of the pilot of a low flying craft who squints to see around from behind the raised hand she is using to block the excess light.

"Look out!" Shouts her partner in the passenger seat.

There's a whomp on the starboard side of the craft just before the explosion.

"Bo, you've sucked something into the jet!"

"Thanks for the heads up, Ashoka."

"Maybe you should've been wearing your helmet to help block out the suns."

"Maybe Jedi should practice more foresight and less hindsight! We're going down!"

And that's the end of that.