The Mandalorian - live-action Star Wars TV series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ShinGi, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    If this rumor is true, I always knew and hoped that Boba Fett would still be alive and hopefully get a better death...

And please, do not go back in that pit.

2. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Temuera is in his 50s, Boba is 41, Rex is biologically 82. If they decide to do makeup for him, it could go either way.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Well it takes place after Jedi, and we supposedly saw Rex in Jedi
    [​IMG]
    So he should be retired, but not dead.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Boba Fett makes a lot of sense as a side villain for this show. You’re lying to yourself if you don’t want to see a Mandalorian fight another person with Mandalorian armor and weapons. They could even do a reluctant team up later on too.

If they’re really bringing in Ahsoka, I could also see it being Rex’s last ride too; although I kinda want to see Rex settle down with a peaceful ending after spending his entire life fighting a war.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    After that ending scene in Chapter 5, Boba isn't a shock to me. The fact that it wasn't resolved led me to believe it was a setup for something big. Still, it's nice to hear something from a reliable source.

I've always loved Boba. Despite not really having much personality or depth, I'd rank him among my top 5 or so favorite Star Wars characters. I guess he kind of has a reputation as an overrated character these days. I get why, but I don't feel that myself. I mean, Star Wars as a whole is probably a bit overhyped by culture, but I don't think Boba himself is any more overrated than anything else in the brand. Nowadays every franchise has "their Boba Fett". A mysterious man of few words with gadgets and a cool design. Other franchises trying to replicate the Boba effect has definitely cheapened the appeal. But back in 1980, this sort of character was somewhat new. And no one's really done it as successfully since. I can't think of any Boba copycats that have achieved the same level of popularity. They obviously created something that'shard to replicate well. I'd argue Boba still earns his popularity. You can't really blame people for liking a thing that serves it's purpose well. Heck, Boba does that better than Darth Maul, and he's not called "overrated" nearly as frequently. For me, the worst thing about Boba is his unintentionally comedic death.

If they give Boba a scene on-par with the Vader hallway scene, I'd be on cloud nine. It would be awesome to see Boba go up against Mando, and finally get to see his combat skills in all their glory, with modern action cinematography. Or maybe they'll team up against a common enemy. Or heck, I'd settle for something more low key. Maybe he's just sitting in a shady cantina, and he gives Mando some information. But more than anything, I hope they remain true to the classic spirit of the character. I actually don't necessarily want them to add a lot of depth to Boba. I mean, Mando is essentially Boba with more depth. I hope they keep Boba himself masked and mysterious. I'd be more than happy with a single episode appearance. Just do him well.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Make it a running gag. No matter what he does he ends up back in the pit at the end.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

7 years after ROTJ. So what about that accelerated aging the clones are suppose to have.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Again, he’d be 41 years old, so about 82 physically.

Another thing about clones is their genes are specially tooled to be superior to normal humans, so even at the physical age of 82 he wouldn’t be decrepit. They age twice as fast, but it’s not like time affects them twice as fast.

Plus, in the next Star Wars cartoon...

Supposedly Ahsoka is going to try and find a way to stop the accelerated aging by travelling to Kamino in order to save his life. Mandalorian May set that up or allude to it should Rex appear.

Also it’s only five years. ROTJ is 4aby, Mandalorian is 9aby.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    That rumor in spoiler tags still sounds a bit too wishlisty especially alongside some of the others from that rumor hill, but I don’t think I’d be opposed to it happening if nothing else.

10. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    0458529C-7625-4825-A00E-C6F43D2547F1.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  11. Lazerwave

News Credits:
  12. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it's a plot in the Republic Commando books

13. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

• Like Like x 5
  14. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Heh, this will always be my favorite Boba skit from Robot Chicken:

All the deep breaths and suppressing :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  15. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I may be biased since it's the first version I saw (and I played the game myself), but I always preferred this version :) 

16. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I would love to tell my cousin that Boba Fett is back, but he wants no spoilers.

And I have a few friends who would love to know and hope there is new merchandise, but I can't seem to get a hold of them.

17. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Since Moff Gideon was like the main villain for Season 1, would it be something is Boba Fett were the main villain for Season 2?

Maybe hired to hunt down the Mandalorian and the Child, plus he was well known as a Traitor to the Mandalorian Creed.

18. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Seeing the Boba Fett dance to this day stil makes me miss goofy campy fun like the dance-offs and annoys me that it got shut down because of fan complaints. Bah.

I know I’ve talked down on Boba before. But a Filoniverse take on him should do wonders so I’m down. I was honestly more excited about Temuera Morrison than anything else.

19. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Just watched the first episode of the making of Mando, just put it together that Bryce Howard is Ron Howard's daughter. As if he didn't need more points in being my new favorite Star Wars creator, Filoni references Toshiro Mifune and is wearing a Princess Mononoke shirt. This man deserves Kennedy's position more than he realizes.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Just wait until you get to Episode 2. Filoni spends 5 minutes analyzing how the fight in The Phantom Menace thematically connects to the ending of Return of the Jedi. He totally gets Star Wars. Also, his story about how he was hired by Lucasfilm is hilarious, and he thought he was being pranked by the writers working on Spongebob. Kathleen Kennedy is in the episode too, and her segments are just awful. She interrupted Jon Favreau half the time she was on there, and nothing she contributed was about Star Wars. It seemed like she was trying to one-up everyone by saying things like “well, I knew George from working on Indiana Jones.” She never mentions anything about Star Wars or its story.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 7