The Magnus Hammer is in Transformers prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Kostya, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Jaw-dropping :jawdropper: 

2. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

Yeah, the title of Magnus could apply to the steward or wielder of the Hammer, wheather or not they are themselves aware of its true lineage / power. Perhaps more likely if it was lost to the sands of time for awhile...

I also like the more two dimensional look in the story of the 13 as Optimus Prime recounts it; makes me think of heiroglyphics and Ancient Greek friezes and narrative pottery decoration. This to me imparts a suitably ancient, revered but beyond memory feel.

3. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

The matrix is supposed to have been the jewel in Prima's sword. So if they can pass the matrix down for generations, there's no reason they couldn't pass the hammer down as well.

4. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Very true.

I definitely dig that the Magnus Hammer got canonized outside of Animated. Anyone else notice what WH40k race Solus looks like?

5. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it just me, or did the Magnus hammer shrink?

The matrix is big enough to take up a large part of Optimus' chest right? And in the picture the Magnus hammer is the same size as Prima's sword. But the matrix is only a part of the Star Saber. Can the Magnus hammer change size?

Either that, or Ultra Magnus is like Cloud from Final Fantasy.

6. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

By extension it's tempting to think that maybe all or some of the 13 had some power or artifact that gets passed down/ lost and recovered through time. I saw that one on our right a levitating in a force field too.If that's so, I cannot help but imagine what Trailbreaker might be like in Prime, but that is ofcourse a flight of fancy. ;)  Alternatively it could be like the space fold sphere in Macross/Robotech; that is, a teleporter like Skywarp. I'm probably rambling, but the moral of the story is that this is one facet of Episode 24 probably widens the scope of Transformers: Prime exponentially!

7. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty cool that the Magnus Hammer has been turned into the hammer that Solus Prime used to forge weapons (at least, I'm assuming that's why she uses a hammer, what with her being a weaponsmith). Also, if the writers don't want to go with Magnus Hammer, which would make sense if the title of Magnus isn't the same in Prime as it is in Animated, they could always go with Stormbringer (which I believe was the name used in the Allspark Almanac and toy packaging).

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...or it could just be a regular hammer weapon that just happens to somewhat resemble an earlier one.

9. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I want Prime Ultra Magnus to wield Solus' hammer.

The twist? MAGNUS IS A GIRL

DUN DUN DUNNNNN

10. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

Aren't the Originals supposed to be bigger than the regular Transformers? If so, maybe it is the same size.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Oh that is so cool.

12. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Maybe, but the similarities seem a bit too close to be coincidental. It probably won't be called the Magnus Hammer but I have no doubt it's a deliberate homage to it.

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I've read that it's also known as a "Stormbringer mass-hammer", perhaps "Stormbringer" was the original name, then it was rechristened later to protect its identity as an artifact of one of the Thirteen.

14. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I would just like to point out that females wielding hammers is not a new concept to TFs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Incidentally, I recall reading an answer to a question by Derrick Wyatt once before that the similarity between Sari's hammer and the Magnus hammer was not coincidental.

15. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    She's the reincarnation of Solus Prime? :lol 

But anyway, nice hammer. Hopefully the Magnus/Stormbringer hammer can shrink, otherwise it can't be held by any current Cybertronian. Its just too big.

16. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    Or descended from her?

17. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    Hmm... maybe. :D 

Cool info regarding the similarities between Sari's hammer and the Magnus hammer. :) 

Even now, the mystery still leaves me scratching my head.

But anyway, isn't the current wielder of the Magnus Hammer, Ultra Magnus? If he is, he's either very big or the Magnus hammer can size change. But if that's the case, Ultra Magnus has got to be really powerful considering he controls an artifact of one of the 13.

And I keep thinking, what other artifcacts could Solus Prime have made. And through the magnus hammer, what more poweful items can be made by its current wielders.

18. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Was there any mention in the All Spark Almanac of its origins? I love that they're bringing the hammer into other continuities! Just makes Wingblade Prime all the more awesome!

19. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    I postulated in the original 13 thread that Solus could have made Prima's sword if she is indeed the creator of the Primes' weapons/artifacts. I think it'd be awesome too if she was responsible for making a weapon like this:
    [​IMG]!

And whilst I've brought up the topic of the mysteries surrounding Sari, anyone else thought that her chest pattern design is reminiscent of the Matrix of Leadership (a simplified version of it)?

And similarities between Sari's and Arcee's retractable arm blades anyone?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Y'know, I'm starting to think Sari may have had some influence on Solus' and Arcee's weapons in Prime.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey... Arcee even got the same wingies as Sari! And the production crew did say they loved Animated in 2010.

Wouldn't be surprised if her robot form is being homaged here.