The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    1/60

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    That's like $100 for a set of clothes right???

3. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Hey guys(and the 1 gal...Nightbirdy right?), what do you want to see next in the V2 1/60 VF-1 line? The line is pretty much done save for some repaints/re-releases. Yamato is trying to capitalize on it, I can't blame them, the VF-1 is an iconic design, and I'm one of those guys that never tires of seeing a new toy of the RX-78-2, G1 Optimus, and VF-1. The V2 1/60 VF-1 is a great toy design save for the dreaded shoulder issues from the releases we've gone over here dozens of times. It's sad that the Angel Birds release was relegated to being an exclusive, but seeing as the 1/48 version took several sales to get rid of stock at HLJ, even at $59+shipping(fuck that is CHEAP!), and is still readily available at other overseas etailers, I can see why Yamato made the V2 1/60 version a limited release.

It really seems that the DYRL? paint schemes are much more popular than the TV series versions. Nonetheless, there are some paint schemes I loved from the TV series. Here's what I'd like to see:
    • VF-1A Dark Bird
    • VF-1D Low Viz
    • VF-1J Stealth
    • VF-1A Low Viz
    The ideal special release/bundle would be a low viz VF-1, BUT, with the following:
    • A/D/J/S swappable heads
    • TV & movie style hands
    • FAST Packs
    • Strike Cannon
    Ultimate customization possibility, mass appeal(arguably) for fans and customizers alike. I'd pay $130+shipping for that easy.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Just the Super Stealth for me.

5. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

ive spent $100 on a lot worse brother:lol 

6. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

VF-1A Low Viz and VF-1J Stealth for me!

7. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    Haven't we all? :lol 

EDIT:

Speaking of expensive item...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      183.5 KB
      Views:
  8. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

me likey...whats this running?...

9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ikura desuka?

10. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks guys...

I think that the problem with Ozuma for me is that I really like the design of the Battroid of the VF-25, and the armour just makes it bulky and look cheaper to me. I started out really wanting one, but have slowly gone off it... along with the prices that it currently commands.

I generally keep my figures in their boxes as a collector, but will have a couple out on shelves and mess with them every week or so. It sounds like armored Ozuma may not be best for me, but I like the Valk in those greys a lot...

I actually had a Luca, but it suffered a short fall and now I have just ordered a replacement. I really like the Luca design, much more than the VF-1, I have to admit. Still, I was semi-interested in the Tornado pack, and semi interested in the VF-25G.... and now they have combined them! So, I can see that in my future too.

I am sure that the Monster is great, but it just come across as well or grab me in the same way. I know that its one of those that I will love when I actually have it in hand.... but I guess that it is not quite as iconic. It is now definately on my shopping list, though. Thanks.

I looked again at the VF-51. Its a nice figure, but not as good as the Lucifer in either Battroid or aircraft mode, in my opinion. I will hold off on this one for a later time. It does look kind of insect-like though, and I will try to pick it up after a couple of other figures are crossed off the shopping list.

The VF-0A looks so cool. The issue is that I came in from a love of robots, through Jetfire to Macross, but I have never seen a Macross cartoon. So, the discussion on 'show accuracy' is kind of lost on me. The Ghost Booster is one of those things that would be awesome if I had seen it in the show.

This does now mean that I want to pick up the VF-0A AND a VF-1 with super-pack!

I have now joined the ranks of Macross collectors.... because I have TWO! I had the SDCC 1/100 a while ago, and my Luca arrived yesterday. Up until now, the closest that I was getting to my Macross fix was Animated Skywarp.

One more question, the show which includes Luca, Ozuma, etc is.... Macross Frontier? Is there just one season of 25 shows on DVD, and is there anything else that I should look for with VF-25s?

Thanks.

11. bouncing boy77

welcome to the club! don't say we didn't warn you that this hobby can be addicting! :D 

yup, the cartoon series is macross frontier and you can watch it online here: http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/macross+frontier

its one season of 25 episodes. a movie came out a while ago which was like a summary of all the episodes kinda like what dyrl? was to the sdf series, but it also had some difference with the storyline as well. a second movie is due out next year.

i'd suggest start watching the series first.

oh, and if you're interested in watching the 1st macross cartoon series (sdf), you can watch it over at hulu.

12. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    Then just pick up a VF-25S Ozma by itself, but track down one of those neck adapters, because the neck is too short on the stand alone Ozma Lee Custom. The stand alone valk is actually quite fun to play with and very sturdy without all the extra pieces weighing it down.

For me the Monster was actually more iconic than the VF-1s, just because there weren't as many of them, and even less toy versions made.

Remember 1/60 VF-1 with Super pack is a LOT smaller than a 1/60 VF-0A, and 1/48 VF-1s would be more comparable in size.

The show is only one season, one very satisfying season, then there are two movies.

13. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

That is, if you can stand the dubbing of Minmei's voice.

14. bouncing boy77

oh yeah, a very stern warning about that! :lolol 

15. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Many thanks. I will try to pick up the Macross Frontier series on DVD as it is easier to watch that way and I like having a personal copy, but thanks for the link. I will maybe watch the first one while I wait for it to arrive. And, consider myself warned about the dubbing!

The problem that I am having is that there is a large shopping list, and a smaller wallet! Right now, I want the VF-25G Tornado, VF-27 Lucifer BS, VF-25 Ozuma, Konig Monster SP, VF-0A, VF-1A, VF-51 and a few other pieces like the Bird of Prey. I just need to pick a couple to get first and work from there. I like the Ozuma even without the armour, but it seems 'wrong' to get him without it. Do you think that he will be released with a different pack, like the VF-25G is?

So, first wave for me is the VF-25G and VF-27, then probably the VF-0A and VF-1A. Then the Konig Monster. That should keep me going through 2011! I have also decided that I want to get all 1/60 scale (aside from my SDCC VF-1). Even if they are at different physical sizes, it will be great to see them ranked up in scale with each other.

Thanks again.

16. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    You can buy the bare bone VF-25s and then buy the stand alone Tornado pack to make your own Tornado Ozma! There is also the Super Pack for Ozma, and that looked pretty good for him too.

17. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Yamato Toys tweeted their progress on their 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie. How awesome is that?

Attached is what they gave us. But me being the god damn Macross Batman I had to do some detective work to find out what those pieces (aside from the fist) were.

Attached Files:

18. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Let's rewind a few weeks ago when Yamato blogged the NEWEST VF-19 pics.

Take a close look at the detailing for the speaker system. It's nice to know they're still working on the fine tuning it. -_-

Attached Files:

19. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I think one is the vernier or panel aft of the head in battroid.

20. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    The SDF-1 is going to wipe me out so I'm done for a wile.