The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

I can pay the amount. But I'm not paying 300 for that. Not 250 either, probably. 220 or 230 euros max is what I'm willing to pay, which is already grossly overpriced. I'll see it when it gets released, if it's 250 or more I'm probably never getting anything Macross. it's nice yes, and yes I want it, but in the end it's just a plastic fucking toy. If it's worth 300, 500 or 1000 for you, great, get it. It's not worth that kind of price for me, I can live without it. It's only redeeming feature at that price point is that you can probably sell it for the same amount or maybe make a small profit.

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wow….ordering a Frontier valk domestically without the scalped markup that I had pay almost 10 years ago and without needing to rush to refresh the page to get the order in(if at all) in the early morning hours at a Japanese etailer site….

….definitely love the way things have changed!

• Like Like x 13
  3. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I thought you had something on preorder from a few months ago?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

everyone knows its a Toy, it's not a need, you don't need to buy it . No one is talking about pricing at 500, 1000 etc,. just possible MSRP from their previous release. I just want you to be realistic on the price.. hoping for a hot item that have a MSRP over 200 is not going to be sold for less that 200.

You seem to love the YF-19 and you talk about it all the time and complaint that you missed it, but then also complain that its not even worth the MSRP price and is now once again setting yourself up with a unrealistic lower msrp price for this item. .. In simple terms you are pretty much setting yourself to fail and I'm not the only one that is telling you this. This is the 2nd chance you were hoping for so you should plan ahead to make it happen when the time comes. Im just telling you what you need to heard not just want you want to hear,

• Like Like x 6
  5. Yertle

Yertle Well-Known Member

I don’t really want to engage too much more on this, but the MSRP on the YF-19 DX Full Set was 27,000¥ in 2018. Even assuming Bandai released it again without raising the price at all, we’re looking at $250-270.

The renewal VF-25 were MSRP of 14,000¥ a decade ago, but the new one was about 22,000¥ so assuming a second run of the YF-19 would be the same MRSP isn’t necessarily a safe bet though 4 versus 10 years might not be as much as extreme an inflation.

We can dispute how much the final cost is reasonable or not, but the empirical details are these toys have high parts counts, exhaustively detailed paint/tampo jobs, and cost Bandai a licensing fee since unlike Gundam they don’t own Macross. This isn’t like creating shampoo bottles on an assembly line.

just brace yourself for disappointment when it absolutely costs more than $200 or €200

• Like Like x 5
  6. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    We're all giving you a heads up advice @Meister61 to be prepared for the unknown factors of how the prices on DX costs at after missing the boat, it's either you fess up pay the fees and get it or not. It's your choice and no one is force feeding you that you have to get this or that.

• Like Like x 4
  7. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Isn't the Arcadia reissue more than $200? It'll be closer to $300 than $200 for the DX.

8. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    This is how far Macross(post-SDF) products have come along. Back in 1997 if you wanted a transformable YF-19, your only option(AFAIK) was to buy this 1/100 resin garage kit and assemble/paint it yourself after drilling the holes to insert all the screws yourself. HLJ shows it for $200(and that’s just for the kit itself, not including the paint, glue, cost if you hire someone else to build it if you yourself can’t build it, et ak), I don’t recall the actual MSRP back then but I do remember it being expensive(even for that time):
    YF-19 Perfect Variable

Now some 20+ years later we’ve had a number of transformable YF-19 toys in larger scales by Yamato, Arcadia and Bandai. $200 for a small discontinued resin kit that takes a lot of manual labor to even look close to an approximation of the box art(if even) or $250 for an already built/painted transformable YF-19 out of the box?

I’d take the latter any day.

• Like Like x 5
  9. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Gabriel Contreras

Gabriel Contreras After 5 years of lurking I finally made an account

News Credits:
    A look at the armored parts and it’s various color schemes for the VF-31AX
    EF568626-484F-4A13-B3F0-DB65022EC9CC.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  11. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great googly moogly, that is a monster with all that armor and weaponry. Not sure how solid the DX would be with all that on it, especially those missile pods.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

You can use the original 31 with armor as reference. It's good that it's not using the safety cone orange color scheme.

13. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't even ordered a DX since Sv-262Hs Draken III back in 2017. What should I expect with this VF-25 WWM DX in terms of engineering advancement over the past 4 years?

14. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Can’t say for sure yet. I can’t speak for the SV-262 but if you have a DX VF-31, the DX VF-31 is a big step up over the DX VF-25 overall(rivet shoulders, ratchet hips, locking torso for example). The 2020 DX YF-29 Alto Full Set Pack uses very similar and shared tooling with the DX VF-25 Renewal molds(the WWM DX VF-25F uses the DX VF-25F Renewal mold) but has was retooled with tighter hip and ankle ball joints and retextured matte finish on the plastic which feels rougher and less likely to crack(compared to previous DX Macross F Valkyries which had gloss or semi-gloss finish on the plastic). With that said, the DX VF-31 is still a better design than the 2020 DX YF-29 Alto. So if the DX WWM VF-25F has similar retooling from the 2020 DX YF-29 Alto, the DX VF-31 will still be better overall IMO.

I’ve never had an issue with the sculpts for the DX Macross F VF-25/27 Renewals and YF-29s. Just wish they’d use ratchets instead of ball joints(hips/shoulders/ankles tend to loosen over time, even if left on display in neutral poses or in the box) and solid pins instead of spring pins(tend to cause cracks over time…like on my DX VF-25/27 Renewal versions). The tightened hips/ankles on the 2020 DX YF-29 Alto mitigated some of those issues(and time will tell if the newly textured plastic will too, but it does feel tougher).

FWIW the DX VF-25 Renewal is a design over 10 years old at this point. I’m not expecting the WWM DX VF-25F to surpass the DX YF-19 nor VF-31.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    That is the most ludicrous armor that Macross has produced. Want one. lol.

On a tangent after watching Macross Frontier, that full armored pack for the VF25 maybe the most elegant armor that I have seen in Macross.

• Like Like x 3
  16. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Zero chance of it happening, but we could sure use a run of replacement waist/crotch hinges (and non-split pins) for the DX 25. Mine split recently. :(  (and it mainly lives in fighter mode, so very little weight was placed on it).

17. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear man. In battroid, is the tab enough to keep the lower body attached, despite the cracks? I only trust springpins if fired through metal hinges, not plastic.

18. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

It's absolutely my fave hands down. My previous fav was the VF1S over any Valk released after so it's high praise for the armored VF25 to take top honors from me over it.

I'm currently trying to clear my plate so I can put him together. Awhile back I mentioned here that I finally got him but I've been a bit intimidated. So it may not totally be clearing my plate but maybe using it as an excuse to procrastinate. :D 

19. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

Most likely none. Afaict, it's just a straight recolor.

And the usual "inflation" price-increase stuff on the msrp since the Renewal-25 was last released about a decade ago or so.

The VF-25 design was way far older than the sv-262, so highly doubt there is any advancement at all with this WWM edition. Maybe just matte finish this time.

Fwiw, it'll prolly have an simpler and smoother transformation process than the sv-262's transformation shenanigan...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  20. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly just hearing this has increased my anticipation for the VF-25. Transforming the Draken III gave me almost as much anxiety as transforming a Studio Halfeye.

• Like Like x 1