The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

This is Macross PTSD in its finest here. Refreshing pages waiting for the "Pre-Orders Sold Out" sign to be put up.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

Amen, hopefully below 200 lol.

3. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

It’s a brand new world where all things seem possible! I just assumed they would have to pay something extra for the right to sell them here…and would pass those costs on to the customer. I don’t know what the quagmire of agreements looks like these days, though. Maybe it’s just like any other Bluefin product now?? Is there no “HG tax”?

• Like Like x 1
  4. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

:lolol 

“What do you mean you’ll take my money? Is this some kind of trick?

…where’s the robotech logo?”

• Like Like x 2
  5. betsuni

Harmony Gold tax will probably be on the SDFM and DYRL stuff from the agreement between them and Big West.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

When the YF-19 gets released in the EU someone pls send me a pm so I can order. Preferably as close to the Netherlands as possible, if possible send as gift option or sold in the Netherlands.

7. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

The tax is we don't get DX or HMR SDFM and DYRL stuff because Big West negotiated with the terrorists known as HG instead of wiping them out. Lol!

My other concern is the web exclusive stuff like armor packs. Not all web exclusive stuff in Japan make it internationally. For example, those Metal Build add ons and event exclusive figures.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Unfortunately the placard on display during the event Friday night noted that DYRL? toys won’t be distributed worldwide…worse yet…barely anything was shown for those new SD VFs! Just a brief appearance towards the end of the livestream and the initial promo pic.

They’re probably working on getting a distributor outside of Japan to bring their Macross toys stateside. I don’t know if they already had one. Whereas Bandai already has Bluefin.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

giphy (2).gif

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Still, worldwide distribution for Macross toys is a big thing. Look at the last 20 years where if you did see anything Macross on shelves stateside, it was usually something by Toynami(which itself was limited to SDF Macross). Now we aren’t limited to just Toynami. In the near future we may be able to order a DX YF-19 from a stateside etailer of our choice. It may not be the cheapest option but it’s certainly not the most expensive and it’s at least a convenient option for us.

The WWM DX VF-25F is being sold here for $219.99. Yea if you ordered from japn with the preorder discount you paid maybe $190+ but factor in shipping and you might be paying $210-220 altogether. So $219.99 stateside + domestic shipping isn’t bad to me, I was worried it would be substantially higher.

And hell the fact that it’s still available to order from BBTS as I type this is a far cry from how Bandai preorder nights were for previous DX Valkyries. So to me, this is a very convenient option.

• Like Like x 6
  11. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Us toy nerds wouldn’t negotiate with terrorists…haha. I sense another nerd movie plot brewing…

12. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Guessing they wanted to make something that the US market never had before in celebration of worldwide distribution becoming a reality.

Also they probably know the DX YF-19 would sell. Of all the non-SDF DX’s that probably has the highest chance of selling here. Maybe they’re waiting to time it with the release of Plus on Blu-ray here and the announcement of the DX YF-21 for worldwide release? Either one would push demand for the 21.

13. Rewind

Rewind living alien robot cassette man from space

News Credits:
    Ya man, I just woke up and casually, effortlessly placed an order for a DX 25 at a domestic shop for a fair price. That’s huge. Granted it stinks we can’t get DYRL/SDFM stuff as conveniently but 90% of what I want falls outside of DYRL/SDFM anyway.

• Like Like x 5
  14. betsuni

Also have time to decide what shop you want to buy it from right?

Well ok, so most of us probably swamped ToyDojo with pre-orders since we have Macross pre-order madness where we hit the buy button as fast as we can at the first shop to put them up. But it is a nice feeling seeing pre-order buttons still available hours after they went up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Especially after I myself tried to order the WWM DX VF-25F this weekend but wasn’t able to get it. Love how a domestic preorder without a highly gouged markup is actually a thing for us now.

….now if Big West and HG could enable SDF/DYRL? stuff to go worldwide, then the cycle will be complete!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Juraash

Juraash Well-Known Member

The fact that I just popped over to BBTS and Chosen Prime this morning and the VF-25 WWM was just there, at basically msrp without any hassle or issue is surreal. Went with Chosen Prime since I didn't even have to throw a deposit at it. Even though I don't really need this on the shelf, I'm a sucker for blue and white Valks and it was easy af to pre-order, soooooo here we are.

• Like Like x 2
  17. magick

magick Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  18. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

Well, yamatotoys-usa seems to still be alive...

Yamato Toys USA - Yamato Toys USA

19. betsuni

It makes me happy to see that nearly a full day and every site other than ToyDojo still has "pre-order available" on there. Almost makes me want to pre-order another from another site just because I can.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

at this point, you should already know that the MSRP it will be over $200 for sure.. It will be over $250 for sure. . it will be closer to $300 if not more

If you really want the DX YF-19 then you you should save up so you will be ready comes preorder (whenever that is).

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021