The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

Yeah, that isn't too bad of a pill to swallow for additional costs. Just think of it as expensive shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Luna just launched a "Premium Shop" a couple days ago and I think it might include a coupon for people who sign up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yertle

Yertle Well-Known Member

I'm hoping we get another 31AX because I've passed on the first two so far due to owning both a 31J and 31C, and am trying to avoid double dipping on decos

4. Juraash

Juraash Well-Known Member

I really like the new 31s, but I'll probably just try and snag whatever one isn't a nightmare to get or marked up to hell and back after the fact. I barely even remember what any of the pilots in Delta looked like, much less what their personalities were. Hayate's is the only one I don't especially care for, I'd be fine with any of the others.

5. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

Might be better just to F5 multiple message forums for links instead of searching for them yourself sometimes,, For Amazon JP some members said its better to search in Japanese ,I wasn't able to get it from Amazon Japan either...... someone did post a link there early but it was posted in the VF-1AX thread and not the Preorder ONLy thread. :(  By the time it was then posted in the Preorder thread it was already sold out.

I still believe they should just have 1 Thread per item instead of 1 for the toy and 1 for preorder only. and the one for preorder is mixed with all the other preorders not yet release items,. :mad: 

6. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

Please direct your complaints to the assistant to the regional manager there.

• Like Like x 4
  7. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    LOL yes indeed, no shortage of stuff to keep my attention. I just like 1) knowing that I have a PO secured for something I plan to get eventually and 2) paying the lowest price possible. That $32 difference is a BeastBox or a decent Lego set after all. :D 

Yeah it's not terrible. I've had to pay the "missed the PO by a thread" tax a couple of times now, it's just getting annoying.

Will check that out thanks.

I was refreshing here and the PO thread at MW. This thread used to be very reliable but everyone seems to be at MW or else not posting much in real time here. I didn't know about the other VF-1AX thread there, I'm not registered over there and don't really read those forums. I guess I should? But everyone I care to talk to is here so I haven't felt the need.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    With the excitement for this Mirage VF-31AX pre-orders.... the Delta live movie Valk that peaks my interest is Max Custom YF-29. Ummm.... Bandai DX coming.... just kidding. Maybe., just recolor that recent Alto super set and call it a day. Anybody with an ounce of photoshopped skills and some spare time want to recolor that recent Alto super set from last year? Thanks in advance. :D 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

The destruction of servers will be epic when the pre-orders for this one goes live.

10. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that Alto's 29 is not a good colour to digibash into Max's 29, as Mr. Banana Ears (RB) is somewhat easier @Rodimus_Prime minus the Super Packs.

Go and poke into the MW theads as its has been done. If you have any questions why it was done over there @Flapjacks said it right and talk to the man in charge.

@OCProwl - Don't log on MW unless you can stand up to the chaos there.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I think I got it wrong and the coupon is given as part of downloading their new app. You can watch Patricia explain it:D 

• Like Like x 1
  12. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Thanks, I guess I will watch then.

13. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

Missed the preorder madness, skipped the Hayate Kairos, but wanted the Mirage version.
    If anyone every wants to trade their Mirage 31AX after they receive it for a Mirage 31C, please lmk.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I would take one in low vis grey or repainted in SDF VF-1 paint schemes. Mirage’s VF-31AX would look great using the deco for Hikaru’s VF-1J.

15. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

Don't do this to meee

Edit: that new release is ugly anyway compared to the majestic YF-19.

Concer
    Considering you guys saying plus isn't that popular in Japan, are the chances of pre-ordering better for the YF-19?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  16. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

All Bandai DX Chogokin Macross items are difficult-to-impossible to preorder since the Frontier v2 valks.

It is mostly due to Bandai's artificial-scarcity/limits tactics.

Arcadia and other brands like Sentinel items are considerably/significantly easier to preorder. Regardless if their items are Macross-related or not.

eg:

Arcadia YF-19 reissue preorder still up on Ami and HobbySearch:

AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop]

1/60 Perfect Trans YF-19 with Fast Pack (Completed) - HobbySearch Anime Robot/SFX Store

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    Sent you a PM @madpanda, it's your call.

18. GoggleV

GoggleV Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever had an unfufilled order from luna park? I was thinking of ordering mirages AX from there, but it's a little suspect that they somehow still have stock and you can seemingly add an infinite amount to cart. It makes me think they are going to oversell and pull a N-Y or something?

19. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

Is this the improved ankles one? If so wanna preorder 1 through one of my lil bros Japanese friends and have him send it as a gift. No tax on gifts right?

Edit: will this also rise in value, if so 2 might be better so I can sell 1 for profit later. Or are dx the ones that increase in value?

20. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

Neither Arcadia nor Mr.K (the main designer) has ever stated the reissue will have improved ankles, so we won't know until someone actually received and reviewed the reissue.

No idea about resell-profit/valuations and stuff since I don't sell any of my toys.

• Like Like x 1