The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

Whoo. Got my HLJ pre-order in.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Legate

Legate Plastic Crack Addict

I'm sorry, I didn't see your post. :oops: 
    Thanks for keeping me in mind though.

That said the '31 just doesn't call to me for some reason.

3. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

Curious, I checked this morning all my usual shops to find that it doesn't appear in HLJ, Okini Land or MyKombini's search results. Although I see there was an HLJ link posted that goes to an "order stop" listing.

And it appears Amazon Japan had them at some point, but they are now listed by marketplace sellers at a staggering Y49,000. So I'll guess that the combination of VF-31A + Mirage is going to keep secondary market prices for this one crazy high.

Keep your eyes open for "additional stock" refreshes if you're looking for one. They sometimes pop up intermittently.

Luna Park is still taking orders with their slight markup (Y27,500). No idea if those will go through or get cancelled, but it's there if you missed it everywhere else:

https://www.lunapark.store/product-...airos-plus-mirage-farina-jenius-japan-version

They also seem to still be taking orders for Hayate's 31AX at Y29,800:

https://www.lunapark.store/product-...ax-kairos-plus-hayate-immelmann-japan-version

• Like Like x 1
  4. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    Amazon.jp had some stock @deruberhanyok and then the 3rd party scalpers kicked in with their jacked up pricing.

Its either you got a copy and secured via email conformation or drowned in sea of others that didn't get one.

• Like Like x 3
  5. FireSkyJet

FireSkyJet Deculture!

AJ was a little confusing. Normally it shows the price and order button on the main page but this time it only had "See Buying Options" which usually indicates 3rd party. However, it was actually the AJ. Several peeps landed it here. It was in my cart but took me awhile to be aware of the change and got cart jacked. Fortunately, I did land at HLJ.

• Like Like x 1
  6. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

Idunno guys, this seems pretty tame for a Macross preorder night. I don't see any mention of hangovers or rage-mashed broken F5 keys. :) 

7. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Seems like a lot of people are just over dealing with it. I would say that was one of the tougher preorder nights in a while.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I must be getting old, I tried but the door shut on me at every turn. PO night used to be easier at least for me.

Really wish I knew how you guys "find" it on AJ. All of my searches there find nothing and then by the time a link appears on MW or here, it's too late. What was the total price at AJ?

Maybe I'll go LP, they came through for me once before so I'm not concerned about that. Just hate paying markup prices.

• Like Like x 2
  9. borgified

News Credits:
    Any 31ax pre-orders will be a bloodfest as its the new and trending thing due to the popularity of Delta.

We've got Haya Haya and now Mirage. Next up will either be Arad/Chucky or the Drakens.

This was one of the hardest pre-orders to get in for Mirage. Its get one via Luna or wait for release date.

10. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

I got lucky and snagged one from AJ. Wondering if their new system is to hide it so bots can't find it?

Here is the total for mine:
    Item(s) Subtotal:
    ¥ 24,820
    Shipping & Handling:
    ¥ 3,967
    Total:
    ¥ 28,787

Edit: I know that just ads salt to the wound.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hope everyone that wanted the DX Mirage VF-31AX was able to get a preorder in. I passed, looks awesome but I’ll probably just wait for an order of Hayate’s to open up.

• Like Like x 2
  12. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Thanks. Good to know the baseline at least. No salt, it's all good. :) 

LP's total shipped price is 32,500 which is around $285 (using Google) vs. yours which is around $253. So $32 = "too bad so sad" tax.

If only LP still had a coupon that worked, the first (and only) time I used them there was a 2,000 NEWCUSTOMER coupon but it's not working now. That would make it more palatable.

13. borgified

News Credits:
    Get Mirage’s 31ax in March @OCProwl as it’s a three month wait after Haya Haya’s 31ax.

You got other stuff to keep you busy (Lego, 52toys Beast/Mega Box etc..)

• Like Like x 1
  14. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

Yeah, that isn't too bad of a pill to swallow for additional costs. Just think of it as expensive shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Luna just launched a "Premium Shop" a couple days ago and I think it might include a coupon for people who sign up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yertle

Yertle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping we get another 31AX because I've passed on the first two so far due to owning both a 31J and 31C, and am trying to avoid double dipping on decos

17. Juraash

Juraash Well-Known Member

I really like the new 31s, but I'll probably just try and snag whatever one isn't a nightmare to get or marked up to hell and back after the fact. I barely even remember what any of the pilots in Delta looked like, much less what their personalities were. Hayate's is the only one I don't especially care for, I'd be fine with any of the others.

18. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

Might be better just to F5 multiple message forums for links instead of searching for them yourself sometimes,, For Amazon JP some members said its better to search in Japanese ,I wasn't able to get it from Amazon Japan either...... someone did post a link there early but it was posted in the VF-1AX thread and not the Preorder ONLy thread. :(  By the time it was then posted in the Preorder thread it was already sold out.

I still believe they should just have 1 Thread per item instead of 1 for the toy and 1 for preorder only. and the one for preorder is mixed with all the other preorders not yet release items,. :mad: 

19. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

Please direct your complaints to the assistant to the regional manager there.

• Like Like x 4
  20. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    LOL yes indeed, no shortage of stuff to keep my attention. I just like 1) knowing that I have a PO secured for something I plan to get eventually and 2) paying the lowest price possible. That $32 difference is a BeastBox or a decent Lego set after all. :D 

Yeah it's not terrible. I've had to pay the "missed the PO by a thread" tax a couple of times now, it's just getting annoying.

Will check that out thanks.

I was refreshing here and the PO thread at MW. This thread used to be very reliable but everyone seems to be at MW or else not posting much in real time here. I didn't know about the other VF-1AX thread there, I'm not registered over there and don't really read those forums. I guess I should? But everyone I care to talk to is here so I haven't felt the need.

• Like Like x 2