The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Licensed through Harmony Gold, not Big West. It takes a lot of inspiration from the Bandai DX VF-1(overall sculpt, drawer joints) but also takes cues from the VF HI METAL/HI METAL R VF-1(hip connection, necessity to remove gun handle from gun to mount to arm in fighter mode), Yamato 1/48 VF-1(waist joint) and Yamato/Arcadia V2 1/60 VF-1 toys. Luckily it isn’t a PITA to order/preorder unlike the Bandai VF-1’s. At the moment it has the most articulation out of any perfect transformation VF-1 toy. The preapplied toned down weathering looks good to me too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

I have that one pre-ordered at BBTS. Hopefully they get them in soon.

If you ever feel the need to get caught up on anything Macross/RT/Mospeada check out Any Moon Scorched Earth Toys You tube channel. He has just about everything.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwLPOZ_xJKKVkcaE4DMM9cw

• Like Like x 2
  3. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks, guys. Stinks it's licensed through Harmony Gold. Buncha wankers, they are.

• Like Like x 2
  4. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

5. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

So jelly lol.

So basically best thing for me to order would be the bandai dx yf19 1/60. I assume it's also the best quality one, this was one of the ones getting reissued right?

You guys think it's possible to get it to the Netherlands/western EU for €150,- or less? I really want it bad, but above 150 would be against my principles in what I personally feel it's worth. As bad as I want it. It's not like I can't afford it, I just don't feel it's worth more than that for a mostly plastic toy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FireSkyJet

FireSkyJet Deculture!

7. FireSkyJet

FireSkyJet Deculture!

I doubt it my friend. New, these were ~$240. They are still quite in demand even used. DX超合金 YF-19 フルセットパック | 魂ウェブ (original listing)

8. OmegaTaco Supreme

Like FireSkyJet said they were $240 new. I got mine for $340 shipped and searching around ebay finding one for that price stateside I thought was a good deal for it. All the DX Valks are going to be $200 + new and $300 used if it's been out for a while. One thing to note these are high end collectables, so even used they still in almost new like condition.

Collecting MP TF's mainly Fanstoys has kind of numbed me to the 200-300 price bracket... Lol... It's when stuff is in the 400+ range that I get a little iffy.

9. Tasuke

Tasuke ♥Konomi Yuzuhara♥

you'd be looking at nearly $700 between these two DXes,

(another $200 or so for the MEGAHOUSE Yuki Nagato doll, her aftermarket OBITSU doll body,
    and the costume she wears, cribbed from the old 90's TAKARA/YELLOW SUBMARINE Minmay DYRL doll)

- a prohibitively pricey venture for me, made possible only by my father's recent generosity over the last couple years.

thank god that these are the penultimate VF-1 toys of my dreams, as they were plenty expensive enough already,
    -regardless of who's paying for them- and price trends on Anime collectables, -especially of this sort of quality-
    do not seem to show any signs of going anywhere but skywards...

VF-1S Ichijo DYRL BANDAI DX 1-48 11-13-20 (1).JPG

VF-1S Ichijo DYRL BANDAI DX 1-48 11-13-20 (3).JPG

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

I get where you're coming from, but the materials used for these products is anything but high end. The only reason they are going for these kind of prices is because of fandom and anime fans paying that kind of money in the first.

11. OmegaTaco Supreme

Their materials are light years ahead of any Takara crap MPs I've ever owned and those go for almost the same price.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I won’t justify the price too much because I agree these and almost all collectors toys are overpriced. But if you never owned or handled a high end Valkyrie from Arcadia or Bandai, you don’t know what you are missing. These are the most worth the price toys I collect based on the engineering, design and quality. To put it in perspective, it would take me months of time and 5-6 digits worth of equipment and software to make a probably extremely inferior version of my own Valk. Paying someone a couple hundred dollars for one is a bargain at that point. Compared to a $20 action figure...you’re getting the same or more articulation, transformable in three modes, bigger, more accessories, better quality, etc. I’m always much more satisfied and feel I got my money’s worth when I get a high end collectable like a Valkyrie.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

the best band for you buck is the bandai dx yf19 1/60. There is no word of any reissue

I was really lucky to get one for $200 from a member here.. so to expect to get one in EU for $150 euro shipped will be near impossible.

The value of an item is not just about the material used to make it. ;) 

14. FireSkyJet

FireSkyJet Deculture!

Yup. The closest thing to these Valkyries is an MP-44 3.0 or maybe Fantoys FT-10 Phoenix, and even then there are either too many steps to transform (and only in two modes) or too cumbersome (I'm looking at you Phoenix). You're paying the same price for those and they're inferior.

The thing is, based on your principles that you've stated @Meister61 you probably don't own those MPs either based on their prices. And I get that. Stay strong on those principles. BUT, you really don't know what you're missing if you haven't handled a PF Arcadia or Bandai DX. That's probably ok because you'll be faced with cognitive dissonance and questioning your own collecting boundaries in price. :p o_O 

• Like Like x 2
  15. OmegaTaco Supreme

16. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    Alright guys... To get you in the mood for the eventual DX VF-1d pre-orders, this has been posted on MW. *

* Note that this is a 3D printed VF-1d *

Video posted by Scott (Custom Fabrications)

• Like Like x 4
  17. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    I just saw this on YouTube and was taking too much time drooling over how cool he made it look (and seeing his previous video of it in progress). This is so awesome and yeah probably worth way more than what he is going to ask on eBay (for his time to make it actually work).

He really did a great job. Makes me appreciate the mass produced toys we have today even more.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Holy shit, he should 3d print all of them in 1/6 scale. I would buy them up.

19. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've watched his entire YT build series for that figure. TONS of work went into it. I think it turned out looking great!

• Like Like x 1
  20. OmegaTaco Supreme

Mail call day two...
    Im good till at least next month.

50642714302_3eda28e79a_w.jpg

Man this figure is a lot bigger then I was expecting.

50642732867_f92f359ca9_w.jpg

• Like Like x 5