The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

I’m sure the pay later option is very temping to many .

2. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

I mean... that technically makes it somewhat safe in terms of not having money taken away but the risk of having stock will still be a concern. Maybe they're getting to things right this time. Who knows?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yeah, it’s interesting as this is the first time in years I’ve seen a TWE item not be pay up front at NY.

This information was posted at MW in one of the NY threads. I don’t know how reliable the information is and I believe it was posted by a competitor to NY. Either way, it could be either good or bad news for NY depending how you look at it:

Im not gonna go into details, but its not only the corona, but the big boss of nippon left the company with a lot of money so thats why nippon since some month is so bad (i mean more than usual). So the best for now is to maybe think twice before buying with them.

4. Gabriel Contreras

Gabriel Contreras After 5 years of lurking I finally made an account

News Credits:
    i wouldnt be surprised if this is a way for them to try and get back on people's good side but ill be honest id rather pay upfront with a retailer that isnt in such a bad light at the moment no matter how tempting the offer is.

5. AtomicLad

AtomicLad Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Don't do it, they have yet to ship my Super/Strike parts, acknowledge it was actually released or answer my ticket.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

I wouldn't even bother with them. "Pay later" just means that one unspecified day in the future you could get hit with a 9300 yen charge for the parts, and a 14000 yen charge for next day UPS international shipping, and you'll pay it anyways, and then they still won't be able to fulfill the order until 2023.

• Like Like x 2
  7. daniel7777

daniel7777 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately you need to pay immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  8. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

Well, not quite pay immediately, iirc.

They used to give you at least 48hrs to change your mind. After 48hrs and you don't pay, they cancel your order automatically.

That said and since I haven't ordered from them in quite a while now....

What is the ballpark estimate for shipping this DX TV-SP from AE nowadays?

Anybody ordered the DYRL-SPs from AE and can comment on the shipping-fees they charged for US addresses?

AE don't(or can't) use EMS anymore, right? Are they using DHL or something else?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Strike Creamsicle

I mean, if they charge you more than $40 for DHL shipping, unless this set is coming in a humongous box, they’re overcharging.

10. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    All I know is that my FIRST BATCH which I ordered in July for 11,000 JPY (lower price now, WTF?) better ship in December, as the listing says. If my overpaid early bird order gets pushed again I am going to be royally pissed.

11. Juraash

Juraash Well-Known Member

Reaaallly tempted to bite on the Super Parts. It would be nice if at least one of my DX VF-1s could have some sort of flair. The probable DHL shipping hit is what's really giving me pause.

• Like Like x 1
  12. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    I am in a similar situation, although it is more "do I really want a set on my Roy VF-1S or Max VF-1A" after I finally finished watching SDFM. They really aren't used much in the show (I'm guessing so they can reuse animation which I saw done a lot) so I'm not sure if I really need them for my display. Plus I just checked and I'm thinking of using the $123.90 towards the possible VF-1D instead.

Long story short, I'm Wembling on if I really want these. HAHAHAHAHA. Glad that they are not 'sold out' in seconds which allows me to think about it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Juraash

Juraash Well-Known Member

My most recent re-watch of SDFM actually has me in a similar situation. They aren't used a lot and I don't think my boy Roy uses them ever. Max doesn't use them on his 1A, I don't think Hikaru does on his 1J, and Roy is gone before they show up? That sounds right. So, the 3 DX's I have technically never actually use them lol. They look slick and I've never owned a set of TV ones before, which are points in their favor, but a normal missile set might get more mileage for me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. betsuni

News Credits:
    Hahahaha yeah! I agree with you there. More reasons for me to not want to get them. I do have Arcadia's Milia VF-1J with Supers so I feel that I got that covered in my collection. It is funny that I have the missile set and honestly they are left in my "other accessories" case under my shelves for now. Maybe once I get my Transformers collection displayed the way I want I'll have more room to put the Valkyries in Gerwalk or Fighter mode to utilize them. Or spread out Max's wings to show off the missiles like they do in the show sometimes. They look awesome and really cool compared to my Arcadia versions so that does make me want to buy the Bandai Supers to see how incredible they are in person.

See! Wembling!!!!

15. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

At some point I might get one set of Super/Strike armour for the DX line, just in case I want to change up the display for a bit, but for now, it's a bit rich for figures that look amazing without the extra pieces.

• Like Like x 1
  16. daniel7777

They are using ECMS to ship to USA during this COVID time. It’s not cheap. My last shipment of 6 items (2 metal builds, 1 SOC, 3 small things) cost me ~$160.

17. daniel7777

They are legitimate, never had issues with them. Their shipping cost is not cheap though.

18. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

Yeah.

US$40~ to ship what looks like, at best, a US$15~ accessory that prolly weigh less than 600g (including the usual AE-packing) is a bit of a ridiculous overcharging.

Thanks, (p)Bandai...

:rolleyes2  :banghead:  :stick: 

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Strike Creamsicle

it bugs me that the same company that mass produces Gunpla kits, some 20 years old and still being made, can't bother doing regular re-issues of products from their other lines.

I wonder sometimes if it's just an echo chamber thing, like we see in the 3P forum here a lot, where it seems like there is more demand than there actually is (and a crowdfund sizzles out and everyone goes "I never expected that!").

But then I see listings on Mandarake come and go within a day, pre-order madness and hugely inflated secondary market prices every time, and I think... they definitely appear to be producing less than there's demand for. Not even counting the collectors buying 3-4 of each at $300+.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  20. betsuni

News Credits:
    There are times when I think this, then the other times when I believe that we collectors are to blame for our own misery.

• Like Like x 2