The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    The one thing I'm a bit annoyed with is that I believe that my package using DHL should be cheaper than what they charged me for EMS. I'm not going to fight them on this, and will wait to see if they ship.

2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yeah, I've yet to receive anything from them and currently waiting for a response about it. I also wish I had a screenshot of the page where they said they would send all orders placed before the shutdown using any method they could with no additional charge...They conveniently removed that part and have denied it since.

• Like Like x 1
  3. magick

magick Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The VF-0D is from Arcadia, not Yamato. Only the VF-19p is Yamato. I can try to transform it, but I was being honest when I said it's never been transformed. Just added the pilots to their seats.

4. Slave IV

There is a lot of confusion caused by some typos. I think what everyone means is the Arcadia 0D original release was known to have cases of leg falling off. Since it is already open, most buyers in the know would likely want you to check it out to see if it has the issue or not. Some people might want to play a game of Schrödinger's cat but I wouldn't.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Probably because they realized their good natured deed is gonna cost them too much money.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Slave IV

Yeah probably. But if you are going to make a claim, follow through and eat the loss if you have to. It will likely gain you more satisfied customers and pay off in the long run. But yeah, I get that businesses mostly don't wan't to do what's right for the short term gain instead.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

I thought the notice they posted specified orders in by end of March, or something like that? The Kakizaki PO, if that’s what we’re taking about, was in April sometime.

8. magick

magick Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Was this reported on the previous 0D Phoenix too? I see videos for the 0A, but haven't found one specific to the 0D yet. Watching the 0A video now.

9. Slave IV

I don't remember all the details now and I'm not just specifically concerned about the Kakizaki order but I'm pretty sure at the time, I checked my orders and it did fall under the time period where they said they would ship at no additional charge. Anyways for me, it's not the charge, it's the going back on their word part and some other things like some people getting charged, some not and stuff like that. In the end, if they end up delivering my orders in good condition, that's all I really care about. Options are getting few and far between and I don't really expect any customer service for these items that we shouldn't be able to buy without the few shops willing to sell to us.

Yes. The non PF 0D by Arcadia did have reports of legs falling off. It was only fixed with the release of the Arcadia 0S.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

What's everyone's favorite Valk to simply pick up and fiddle around with? I love the detail and size of the Bandai DX series. However, I find myself being very careful when handling them. So they'll likely be stuck in one mode and remain display pieces with transformations once or twice a year. Not to mention their size will limit how many I will be able to display. Been looking at the Hi-Metal-R stuff due their size and entry price point (before aftermarket), but it's the aftermarket that makes me wonder if I should just look into Arcadia.... but then I am back at the size/display space issue.

11. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

The HMR Valks are very fiddle-able, although you'll want to keep the bag or box or whatever of parts nearby for optimal fiddling. Hands and heatshields are the two notable things that are removed, although landing gear is removeable too, plus the hardpointed, smooth, and anime-magic-shrunk-for-battroid wing options.

• Like Like x 2
  12. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    I currently have the Arcadia Milia VF-1J on my fiddle with area. Mainly because it didn't have room on my shelves for display. Think I would use my Hi-Metal VF-1D to fiddle with since it is smaller and more along the lines my mainline Transformers fit as something that I wouldn't worry about breaking.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Slave IV

Other than the OG Chunky, I would say the Yamato 1/48. Its big, easy to transform fast and looks good. V2 1/60 VF-1s are always fun too. HMR are excellent but something you can get deep into quick. Once you get as deep into it, I don’t transform the VF-1s as much because I don’t want to deal with partsforming so I have a bunch in different modes but I do like handling them in whatever mode they are in. I did keep one with FEXT armor parts on my desk to mess around with and transform more (the 35th Messer Deco) for a while but most of my HMR are still packed away for now.

• Like Like x 4
  14. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

The old Bandai Dx 1/65 VF-19 comes to mind. It's a legit toy and fun to flip back and forth. Even though mine are KO's and almost 20+ years old,mines still held up minus the loose joints.

For figures just to pose and mess with I actually like the Revoltech YF19 and YF21 now I got awhile ago. Both are pretty attainable and won't break the bank.

• Like Like x 2
  15. FireSkyJet

FireSkyJet Deculture!

Chunkalicious hands down.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Any of my 1/55 VF-1 reissues, HI METAL VF-4, also the Bandai DX 1/65 VF-17S reissue after I modded the legs to enable the knees to bend back. The HI METAL R VF-2SS is a lot of fun to pose. The Bandai DX 1/65 Macross 7 VF-19’s are fun to transform also, just far from being accurate VF-19 toys.

I keep either the heatshield or canopy in all modes, the fixed posed hands (especially the gun with the handle molded to it) and intakes with the covers on so I don’t have to remove anything when transforming and I don’t like keeping track of small parts. Transformation is more fun and faster that way to me and I don’t mind the look. Heatshield on in fighter/gerwalk doesn’t bother me since the 1/100 Takatokus and Takatoku Roy VF-1S were like that and if I use the canopy, the heat shield still slightly detents onto the right spot despite not having a shield to tab into). Hands sticking out in fighter mode doesn’t bother me.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

I've been going through my figures and transforming them recently as I put some up for sale, deciding which ones I want to keep and which ones are a bit too fiddly for me to regularly play with. Having handled nearly all of the Yamato/Arcadia and Bandai molds within the last year I've been surprised by how much the transformations vary in complexity.

Favorites for me would be the Yamato/Arcadia V2 1/60 VF-1 and the Yamato VF-19. Both solid, fairly easy transformations, and both excellent to play with. Runner-ups would be... the DX VF-1, VF-31 and Arcadia VF-0. In no particular order.

I don't know that there were any I thought were especially bad, although some things in others I found irksome:

- the Yamato/Arcadia VF-4 transformation has all these little pieces that keep falling off (missiles, specifically, although a few panels like to come loose on mine too).

- Yamato YF-21 has a lot of interlocking pieces that go together to make a solid fighter mode, but it's difficult to line it all up properly. Then in Battroid the chest doesn't stay in place all that well and the limbs have a tendency to come off when posing (for "delimiter mode", which I don't think was worth the effort to engineer into the toy).

- Yamato VF-17 is mostly solid but also very sharp (literally) and I can't quite get the fighter mode to lock together stably (especially the legs).

- Arcadia's YF-19, with it's weird wing setup for "high speed mode" and the front canards that keep popping out - that plus the very loose ankles has me preferring the Yamato VF-19 as a toy to handle.

- DX VF-25 (renewal) and YF-29 which just felt wobbly to me, not helped my the "sandwiching" of parts to form the midsection and hope it all holds together. Hoping the coming "improved" release of the YF-29 has better fit.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I hope so too but I doubt it, we’ll see. Main improvements Bandai pointed out were the strengthened hip and ankle joints.

19. Slave IV

Oh yeah, forgot about the Arcadia VF-0. I haven’t actually played with it that much but it is one of the best Valks ever made.

20. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

• Like Like x 3