The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

Hahaha.

Hmm that gives me a whole lot more to think of. I do enjoy playing with my toys so if the Arcadia will be more solid I'll probably stick with my pre-order. So many decisions....

Actually my wife has more creativity than me. She creates lots of jewelry ideas and keeps on coming up with more ideas. She's now playing with our 3D printer to do some more ideas. I'm amazed by the creative process and how people can just come up with something out of nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

That’s an interesting point about collectors. It certainly applies to me. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  3. ALEXD3498

ALEXD3498 Godmaster

Funny enough, I took a history course in college that had to do with assessing the cinematography of Japanese cinema from a historical standpoint, and for my presentation of course I selected 80s bubble era expensive productions, such as DYRL. I guess us collectors do tend to do stuff like that!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Tasuke

Tasuke ♥Mikuru Asahina♥

RX-0 PG JOHN 7-22-20 RESIZE 30.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. magick

magick Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Both still available if anyone is interested. $350 each shipped in US.
    Yamato VF-19p
    Arcadia VF-0D Phoenix

I'm pretty sure I haven't transformed the 19p, but could have been transformed just once. I've barely touched the 0D. Just took it out once to look at the plane mode and put the pilots in the cockpit. If anyone has an extra Bandai DX VF-1J, would be willing to trade.

6. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

@magick a lot of potential buyers would probably want to know if the 0D’s leg is attached. They had a shocking habit of falling right off of the thing as soon as you tried to transform it.

7. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

Anybody collect the Banpresto figures?

8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    The transformable VF-1’s? I passed on them, they didn’t get many good reviews back in the day.

9. Hellbot

Sorry, I meant the divas. Like Sheryl, Ranka, etc.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Oh ok, not my thing

11. Hellbot

Yeah, not really mine either but I came across some stuff while browsing Manda. I thought some of it looked pretty good.

12. betsuni

I'm pretty sure there were some members here who collected them. Right now I can't remember who, but I remember photos of them in their collection.

13. Slave IV

I wouldn't say I'm a big collector of them but I ended up getting a few. They are pretty nice for the price and I think they are your best bet for diva representation without spending too much. I don't really buy statues often and only similar comparison I have is the Mirage SHF Zero and I would say they are very comparable and prefer Banpresto because they cost a lot less and I can't tell why since they seem just as good if not better. I got SHF Freyja and Mikumo and they never released any others so that's how I ended up getting some Banpresto to finish the team.

Here's Kaname Banpresto
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Not the best view of them but here is Banpresto Makina, SHF Zero Mirage and the two SHF in the back:

[​IMG]

Better look at Banpresto Makina:

[​IMG]

Better look at the SHF pair:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  14. borgified

borgified Advanced Enabler with quills

News Credits:
    I think @tekering has some Banpresto Macross figures in his collection somewhere.

@Hellbot - This might help as well. MW member Kicker has a fair collection and you might be interested in other Macross figures as well. Watch out for Saburo's pics as it's well known that his photography skills will push you ever further deeper than you expect. :p 

Macross figures

• Like Like x 2
  15. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    To this day my daughter STILL asks if the rest of Walkure will be released. I've only given her Freyja so far, Mikumo probably for Christmas this year. She wants them all. Hasn't seen the series, just likes the music. They are the only non-Mecha Macross toys I/we have but they are pretty great.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Slave IV

Yeah, they are pretty nice but I almost wish I just got Banpresto for all of them since they haven't made the rest in SHF. For me they are just Valk display enhancers. My kids still haven't paid much attention to Macross music but I guess I haven't exposed them to much of it. I'm sure they would like it if they heard it more too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yes, I was.... and yeah, it was. In the end, I stopped making 'lists of Macross I want' and instead when I have a bit of spare change I go through Mandarake and a few other sites search for Macross and see what is in budget and interesting to me. It keeps the process stress free and I never really know in advance what I will find and buy..... for example the Elint PF. Its almost fun now!

I don't actually mind the infamous gullet issue of the Yammy 19s so much to be honest. Its more about the proportions in Battroid mode for me with the Yamato 19s. I always found the 19 Battroid to be a little on the chunky side for my taste. Now, that might be line art accurate, but its a personal preference thing.... I like the Bandai 19 proportions better, and it looks more heroic and dynamic to me.

I dont think that I will ever get rid of mine either. Even if new releases come out that are better in every way, the two exclusives that I got have a special place in my heart, as exclusives of one of my favourite Macross designs.

I was pushed away by Arcadias frankly crazy prices and Bandais inability and unwillingness to produce enough to meet demand... and then we had a spate of 'renewal versions' and the ones that I had spent big coin on and/or tracked down were suddenly obsolete and it just sucked the enthusiasm right out of me. Ironically, now that TFs have lost a lot of shine for me, I am back..... Maybe thats not the best reason to revisit Macross......

Exactly this. I will go through a few months of wanting a new everything.... and then the enthusiasm will die down a bit and it will all go quiet for a while.

18. Tasuke

Tasuke ♥Mikuru Asahina♥

Ranka - Minmay DYRL.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. FireSkyJet

FireSkyJet Deculture!

IMG_0373.jpg Thought this would be fun to post here as well.

• Like Like x 5
  20. betsuni

More photos!

• Like Like x 2