The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Got an update from Mr. K regarding the PF VF-0D:
    『VF-0D フェニックス Premium Finish 発売!』
    • Compared to the original release, the PF has side covers for the knees to fill the gap in fighter mode and the collar covers for the top of the chest plate
    • Painted the inside of a cutout area on the back of the lower legs orange instead of painting the part of the vertical stabilizer that goes into it, orange.
    • Despite being made to order, it’s still using a mass produced mold so they were aiming for consistent paint quality
    • The reason why the PF VF-0D release was postponed was because they had a series of exchanges with the factory, pointing out mistakes and what needed to be changed. This happened quite a number of times. This went on for a year in an effort to improve the quality as much as possible.
    • Mr. K thinks the delay was worthwhile as it made this release stabilized with higher quality.
    Article ended with a picture captioned with “SEE YOU AT THE NEXT PF ITEM!!”

• Like Like x 3
  3. FireSkyJet

FireSkyJet Deculture!

Quick suggestion: This is a public forum with lurkers. I wouldn’t post the link next time. Of course, many of us scan the same listings but on the other hand it can enable someone to purchase.

Sorry you missed on that man. But you might be able to find it cheaper anyway. I got mine from AmiAmi like 6 mos after release I think? It was sealed but in their preowned section and at MSRP or just about.

• Like Like x 2
  4. FiVE1ZERO

I gotcha man and thanks for the advice. This thread itself is so peaceful I figure maybe someone else might've been interested. Just extending my olive branch as others have tried to help AND ENABLED ME (you know who you are lol;) ) but I totally know where you are coming from and thx for looking out. I seriously dread that day when the DX YF21 comes out as that's my favorite Valkyrie/Plane from the series. Maybe good Karma will get me that:) .

• Like Like x 6
  5. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

If you put it that way, I think you’ll get what you want. We’ll be looking out for you. :thumb 

• Like Like x 5
  6. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    That's how we roll around here and most of you guys know it.

I've helped out so many people here (and also MW) with deals or missing items from their own collection otherwise they would have skipped over it.

First person that I helped out here was @Slave IV has he was looking for a 1/48 Yammie VF-1J Milia Full Set. The second one was @dafob on the 1/60 Yammie Max Q-Rau. After that one, I totally lost count since I posted and you guys here seem to snap it afterwards! ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  7. FiVE1ZERO

@borgified Wish you would help me.!:p  Haha I kid man.

• Like Like x 1
  8. borgified

News Credits:
    Your broke now so how am I going to help you out?? Maybe cut off TF collecting and starting saving for Macross items instead.

That's what I'm doing and I think what's what @Slave IV is doing to a point, however he's got too much crap sitting in storage and still getting stuff regardless...

Still not impressed. :sly: 

• Like Like x 3
  9. Noodles4109

Noodles4109 Well-Known Member

Its out of hand! Great business practice seriously but I'm at the point ill only focus on TF and pray I stumble apon some cheap Macross figures one day when I'm old

• Like Like x 1
  10. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    Good karma will definitely be there for you on something you want. Let's just say some lurker who is a Macross fan on this thread is now a happy camper with that YF-19 but is too shy to say thanks for the link.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm so glad PF 0D came out well. A lot of times long delays would scare me about the quality, but this release came out amazing well. I'm hoping the material they chose for the wrists and fingers are stronger and won't crack over time.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Slave IV

Transformers?! You should leave this forum now!:D 
    J/k

13. borgified

News Credits:
    Slightly more priority should be on Macross, @Noodles4109 as it's not as popular as TFs. Macross stuff is even more limited than TFs (as the latter is mass produced).

• Like Like x 2
  14. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Can you show me pics of the cracks on yours again?

15. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    This is just as likely as some nefarious scalper lurking. I know several people who are just as much fans as we are but they aren’t the kind of people who are comfortable having forum accounts or posting on them - though they do read them sometimes. There’s also people like myself who would never see a link like that otherwise because I rarely check MW anymore and I don’t have the time to surf around on YJ auctions (No I didn’t buy it, I’m long since done with the 19). We fans are a diverse array of personalities and proclivities. I say if we find links to things we should feel comfortable posting them here. Doing otherwise seems a bit elitist to me. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

Someone also could have seen it with an eBay alert, and not even noticed a link being posted here.

it was a little expensive imo. Even with DHL shipping, getting one of those from a Mandarake storefront would probably only run you about $280 total. They’re still regularly available for at or near SRP on the secondary market, just have to be patient.

17. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Links definitely help but as you’ve pointed a scalper can also see the link. If they’re using bots to grab the preorders then any fan merely trying to get 1(and just 1) preorder is automatically at a disadvantage with overwhelming odds against them.

It would be great if any of us could get a Bandai DX Macross preorder in at ease without having to resort to higher secondary market prices later. If a reseller on auction sites is able to get them with ease, it’s not fair that fans who want them can’t do the same.

You’ve pointed out before that it was never like this in the Yamato days and even with Arcadia it isn’t like that either. Plus a retailer did tell a customer here that Bandai was limiting orders. Between Bandai being possibly cautious for overproduction and etailers not securing items in carts, it makes for a frustrating experience.

I get where you’re coming from. I just think that if it’s easy for a reseller on an auction site to nab preorders(and they obviously are as auctions for the preorders start each night a DX preorder goes live), it should be just as easy as a fan who legitimately wants 1, to do the same. This is something Bandai and etailers with direct/authorized accounts with them should be working on. Maybe things are slowly changing, as evidenced by HLJ restocking with some previously released DX’s out of nowhere last year.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Slave IV

Yeah, no way of ever knowing who’s around and controlling what others do so why try? I’m definitely anti-elitist and just see this as a community of fans who can talk about the things they love and try to help each other when possible. No fan is better than any other because of how long they’ve been a fan or how many forums or special fan groups they are part of.

As for this particular item, I thinking that @betsuni may be hinting at knowing who got it? ;) 
    If it was a scalper, which I doubt because it would be a pretty amateur scalper to be trying to buy an opened item already at a markup to try to flip.

• Like Like x 2
  19. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    Hahahaha, for some reason I still have yet to want a YF-19. I want a VF-11 one of these days.

Also a good VF-25.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    VF-11 is awesome. They did it dirty in Macross 7, a sad end to an awesome and slept on design.

The 1/60 toy had the 1st sideways extending hip joints. I hope if there is a new VF-11 toy some day, that it’ll have bigger stabilizers, present on the model kits but on none of the transforming toys.

• Like Like x 2