The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. betsuni

betsuni Well-Known Member

Wow yeah. Between this and Max's they really did a great job.

2. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-Known Member

My HLJ order will be arriving tomorrow. I kinda let it linger in my private warehouse for a day or two just in case there was something I wanted to add. I've read some reports on MW that some that did get it from HLJ release date, didn't get an allotment. Made me wonder if I left my order in the private warehouse a bit longer that HLJ might have given that to somebody else. :/

NY should arrive by the weekend or next week. I'm thinking of getting a 3rd if possible for the just in case scenario but AJ prices are still high and nobody is doing international shipping yet.

@tekering nice comparison photos. I understand Yamato chose a darker color for the DYRL valks which technically are a bit grayer compared to the TV valks. But looking at it, it's more yellow than greyish. It ends up looking like a very old, yellowed toy.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    I'll admit that I have considerably warmed up to the Bandai 1/48 since first receiving my 1A Max. I guess it's greatest weakness is also it's greatest strength---it's simplicity. In that way it's way more VF31 than YF19---something you can pick up, mess with, go through a transformation cycle and leave on a shelf. Can't decide which mode is my fave as I have wanted a toy of Max's 1A since...forever. I think my first Macross [ahem...Robotech] memory is his dogfight with Millia in the TV show.

Mind you, not terribly happy I paid 100 pounds for the blooming missiles from NY with a PO now up for 40.

But yes, back to the 1/48...the simplicity of it [and in particular of the mostly white fighter Max deco]...it just works. Up close it has a gazilion tampos, but from afar it's a mostly white figure with some blue thrown in for battroid. A drawback is that it offsets the rest of the 1/60 Macross figures and as thus might need a separate display.

Reading about it, I am glad I have no massive attachment to Hikaru's 1S. Don't get me wrong, it's a STRIKING deco and I may as well get one at some time, but happy to wait on the sidelines for now. Hopefully the DYRL 1As or the 1S Max or Roy will be cheaper to get.

In typical Bandai fashion though, some of the joints on my Max are looser [but not loose-loose] than others. Most notably, the die-cast hip ball joints and the gerwalk knee swivel. Hmmm.

• Like Like x 3
  4. TJDetweiler13

TJDetweiler13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My DX-VF1s has arrived from HLJ woooh, waiting for another one from NY - I can't wait for the Strike packs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  5. Face

Face Well-Known Member

So... A couple months ago I got an Arcadia VF-1J Max version with a janky leg, I contacted HLJ about a replacement, and they said they'd send me new parts as soon as they came in... Well, these are what I got...

IMG_20191126_151839.jpg

I guess they got so many requests for replacement SV-51 legs that they didn't realize I was asking for something else. So now, I need to figure out what to do with these, I'm thinking of selling them if anyone out there needs a set and can't get them from their vendor. I've contacted HLJ, not sure what they're gonna tell me I should do

6. FireSkyJet

FireSkyJet Well-Known Member

Yeah buuuudddy!

• Like Like x 1
  7. TJDetweiler13

TJDetweiler13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HLJ has one of the best customer service, I hope they can sort you out.

8. Kayman26

Kayman26 Well-Known Member

So is the Evo VF-2SS worth it at $70 plus shipping? HLJ currently has it heavily discounted for their winter sale. I know it's not the best toy around but I've always been a sucker for the 2SS design.

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have taken the hip apart and it's designed just like the Frontier DX's. So far those joints on mine are tight, however on my 1J, the sideways pivot joint below 1 intake is looser than the other.
    I would just put that $70 towards the HI METAL R which is a good 2SS toy.
    The Yamato V2 1/60 DYRL? valks were molded in light grey whereas the V2 1/60 TV valks were in bright white. I don't remember the Yamato 1/48 DYRL? and 1/48 TV valks being molded in different shades of white/grey.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Face

Face Well-Known Member

Oh you bet, I've had a few minor issues I've had to have dealt with over the years and they've always been good to me. I'm perfectly happy to send them back the 51 legs, but part of me kinda wants to try to put one together a piece at a time :p 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Flapjacks

Yes, the 1/60 v2 Yamato. Looking at @tekering 's photos, the 1/60 v2 looks yellow compared to the DX.

12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    The one in Tekering's photos next to the DX is the Yamato 1/48

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    What Shin said. I totally regret buying those Evo Toys VF-2SS's. I sold one for $50 I think....I can't remember. The other two I have left have basically been put back into their boxes. I'm probably gonna throw em out if not take em to an outdoor range for....practice. They're garbage.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

It's not. . The Hi-Metal r ver is much better.

check out the review video here , the comparison with the floppy EVO VF-2ss starts at 15:21

• Like Like x 1
  15. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

DX 1S just showed up
    And sold for 23000Y at Mandarake. Man, I would’ve nabbed it for that price.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Face

Face Well-Known Member

HLJ's been trying to get rid of those for ages, sooner or later they're gonna just start throwing them in orders like kitkats

17. borgified

borgified Nanoprobes anyone?

News Credits:
    I'm waiting for either Roy's/Max's 1s instead or a Hikaru 1a.

Or better yet... 1/48 Custiom made Q-rau. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Flapjacks

Lol! It is? I guess the DX is bigger than 1/48 then because they're not the same size definitely. I thought the DX is 1/48 as well hence my mistake.

19. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

That’s just from the perspective of the shots. They are almost exactly the same size. There’s a bunch of comparison photos:

Bandai DX VF-1 Toys – Scorched Earth Toys

the DX is slightly taller (1cm) in battroid mode and slightly shorter (5mm) in fighter mode.

20. tekering

tekering Missing a member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Your first mistake is trusting different manufacturers to be consistent with scale... or give a damn about it at all, really. o_O 

I've included a Yamato 1:60 here for disambiguation:

disambiguation.jpg

I think "ivory" is more accurate than "yellow."

Dude, where's your armor?.jpg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 11