The Macross Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Jun 22, 2006.

1. FireSkyJet

FireSkyJet Well-Known Member

Ermahgerd.jpg

Just a few more days for DYRL VF-1S! I'm more stoked about this than any other Valk. Now...when will I actually get mine shipped? Who the hell knows, but I'm one step closer.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-Known Member

From NY? Next year. Lol! I'm keeping an eye if any come up at retail. I was looking at some YJA listings and some would note there that they got it from AmiAmi. You MOFOs...

3. FireSkyJet

Yeah let's be vigilant. I'm going to try and score at least two more at retail. I have one for sure from NY that was $260 ($306 with the overpriced EMS). I have a feeling that this one will be as expensive as the 1J has become at the very least. It could go higher. So, I'll likely sit on my NY one or sell it at my cost if out of the gate the aftermarket goes higher than my cost. At least someone who doesn't land could get it for cheaper than current value (if it works out that way). At the moment, I haven't seen it drop below what I paid yet. Otherwise, I'll sit on it for like 6 months until I can offload at cost.

• Like Like x 3
  4. borgified

borgified Nanoprobes anyone?

News Credits:
    Based on what I've been reading on the DX VF-1 thread on MW, Roy's 1s should be widely available (and reasonably priced) as Hikaru's 1s gets snapped up very quickly as he gets more screen time than is his sampai (Hikaru is the main primary character from the series. Roy is possibly the secondary main character?).

When the DX VF-1J M&M versions gets released, for sure that it will be more of a demand outside Japan.

* Note: If anyone is interested, Manda has Mirage's 31c for grabs at 29k yen *

Mandarake

5. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I wouldn't say Roy's 1S will be "widely available" just because Hikaru's is more popular in Japan. We can all hope though.:p 

6. FireSkyJet

Yeah, I think the pitfall of these boards can be a bunch of fanboys (and girls) who pontificate. It's like fans do of the NFL in the States. All of a sudden everyone is an expert while I'm scratching my head going at what point did you work for the NFL again? It doesn't bother me, because it's just a symptom of loyal fans. I just take things with a grain of salt, and when someone puffs their chest at me I do my best to disengage simply because A) I'm no expert by any means either and B) it's not worth the energy to argue over Macross (or football) haha.

Personal opinion is that we can hope for that with Roy, but I'm not sure that line of logic at MW necessarily holds water like @Slave IV is also suggesting. If history shows anything, I believe the first Roy will be DYRL based on the release of Strike Parts in Dec/Apr with Roy's call sign. And looking at HMR, Roy was released as a TWE so maybe there's hope there? That would seem to make him more accessible even if marked up on price slightly. However, if DYRL Hikkie 1A is released as a TWE bundle with Strike (cuz what are they doing with his 011 piece since it's not in the current Strike release), then does that impact Roy as a TWE possibility?

It's fun to speculate and sees who guesses right, if anyone.

7. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

I like the 29’s design as a kind of half step between the 25 and 31 (at least, Delta Squad’s 31 variants; the standard 31 doesn’t have the forward-swept wings like the 19). I’ve heard the figure is pretty good, but I generally prefer to avoid multiples of the same mold, and haven’t been able to decide on which of the available color schemes I like best.

8. borgified

borgified Nanoprobes anyone?

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 11
  9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still upset I missed the VF-1S preorder months ago! Anyone selling an extra or looking to dump a preorder? I'm looking for one :( 

Thanks!

10. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    It's officially releasing in a few days (11/23) so keep a watch on the major retailers and this thread for any extra release stock. If there is any, it will go FAST.

• Like Like x 2
  11. FireSkyJet

• Like Like x 2
  12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Bandai is gauging demand for the movie Skull Team DX VF-1A Super Valkyries from that event where they debuted them. They also wanted the super/strike parts box to be the same length/width as the DX VF-1 box.
    Awesome! Kind of rare to see HLJ do the toy for Macross DX's, glad they're able to secure more from Bandai

• Like Like x 1
  13. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

Ungh. I think I need this.

14. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Finally got around to swapping out my SV-51 foot, and it's all good now. I did just swap the foot at the ankle, since I already applied the stickers to the leg, unfortunately. Can confirm, 100% that it was just the foot that needed swapping; inner slide bar, and ankle "sleeve" are identical. But, I understand why Arcadia provided the whole leg, getting to the ankle sleeve screws is kinda tricky.

Anyway, so I've got a complete, corrected left leg AND a left foot available for anyone who needs it. Just to confirm this is for the LEFT leg in BATTROID mode. If you need this part, all you need to do is pay shipping, and it's yours.

20191120_154348.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. Face

Face Well-Known Member

HLJ is currently showing the Hi-metal R VF-4 Hikaru colours as being restocked, I randomly happened to glance at my wishlist and saw it sitting there, staring at me... I kinda hate myself since I just paid for Blackarachnia, and I really can't afford another big ticket toy right now, but I dig this thing a lot

HI-METAL R VF-4 Lightning III

• Like Like x 2
  16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's hand candy, might be my favorite HI METAL R Valkyrie to fiddle with. Has better articulation than the larger 1/60 Yamcadia one.

Good on Bandai for allocating some Macross toys to HLJ around the holidays.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Face

Face Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm thinking of selling my Arcadia toy, I dig it aesthetically, but it's just so clunky, and then there's those damned missiles

18. Flapjacks

Man... when will these retailers put up their extra VF-1S online? Just seeing the scalpers on YJA getting their copies is a bummer.

19. FireSkyJet

I was just notified by NY that my order is in progress. So it actually might be delivered before the new year o_O 

20. Flapjacks

Got that too but that means nothing with them. That can last to a week or more. I just hope the extras don't get posted in the wee hours of the night EST (most likely it will be though).